Are these beans any good?

They look a bit green and I’m not sure if they’re viable…any informative input would be appreciated.

12 Likes

I’d say yes. Give them a go then you’ll know.

10 Likes

The pale one with a flat back is probably empty, the 2 round ones are good to go.

I’d say once seeds start to brown up they’ll be viable. Past that stage the more mature the longer they’ll keep…

9 Likes

Don’t UNDERESTIMATE Appearance!! Plenty of Strain/Varieties are noted for Light Color, even “almost White” seeds, Freakshow being one. Just sayin’. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Only 1 way to find out bromigo…

10 Likes

There’s something in the pale one…it isn’t “soft” like the usual pale seeds i come across. I’ll just try all three and wait to see what happens.

8 Likes

Paper towel them and see if they germ. If you get a good seedling good to go. If seeds don’t sprout for me after 3 days then :wastebasket::wastebasket::wastebasket:

2 Likes

Only way to say for sure is to plant them.

4 Likes

I got a 24 pack of pineapple xx from brothers grimm a while back and when I opened to see the seeds they were all pretty small and light green and tan. I was like no way these are gonna pop. Soaked them and then put em in paper towels and in 24 hours 22 had germinated. I’d say give em a whirl!

4 Likes

I agree
One of my first grows was a sugar punch I was concerned color was light green ( to myself I said shit seeds ) but all came up with no issues

3 Likes

Has anyone nail-clipped their seeds? I read once you can clip the very top of the seed so it opens easier and water gets in better. I do with with 100 percent success, but the drawback is I do have to remove the seeds usually with tweezers once the pop out of the soil.

4 Likes

You can do that, sandpaper (“scuff”), and even Emory Cloth. A Lot of “hard shell seeds” (Morning Glory Family) germinate faster with this technique. Without some help, they may take WEEKS to germinate!! Mother Nature’s way of allowing them to survive a prolonged cold spell until more favorable growing conditions. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Toss em in a cup of water, check in 18 hours
And if not swelled and cracked check 8 hours later.
Could just plant them to but if this way ya kinda know before that.
Either way works.

1 Like

That makes sense. I did sandpaper and personally did not see much difference, but maybe I did not scuff enough or something, that’s why I stuck with clipping.

2 Likes

When I “scuff”, I do it along the “ridge”. Seems where the seeds actually “join”. It also appears to be the “softest” or “thinnest” part, better able to absorb the Liquid to trigger germinating. Different techniques/philosophies to arrive at the same result. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Did you try them yet? I am interested to see.

:green_heart: :seedling:

No not yet

1 Like