Are we have here any other enthusiast of DIY home audio?

That should deliver all the current you would need bro. You might get some noise from it though. Switch mode PSU’s which havn’t been filtered for audio use are a big gamble. These things work at a very high frequency and are well known for causing interference. I cant say if’s worth spending the money or not to find bro.

2 Likes

Yeah, had to go with the upgraded caps. It’s been an older 5ch B&K 200wpc arc welder for awhile, but it’s starting to go after 35 years. Before that, I demo’d a 5ch Emotiva 200wpc amp on mains and surrounds and it was good, but not as warm as I was looking for. Next will prolly be Rotels or…who knows.

I need a new processor in the near future as well, prolly upgrade to Atmos finally. I’m just dubious of the new HDMI spec because my buddies all still have problems with handshaking between various components, even in the $3-5k processor range. I may just stay with HTPC feeding 7.1 PCM to pre/pro, then out, kinda like what I’m doing now.

1 Like

This is why i stick with 2 channels done well :laughing: i did have a 500W sub for a bit but it had to go. It was too much combined with a set of 3 way monkey coffins. The room was too small and the bass way too loose.

1 Like