Arizona Cannabis Cultivators Community! 🌱

A place to meet growers in the central Arizona area. Let’s build a community of cultivators to share those special cuts and help each other grow the best cannabis in Arizona! I’ve started a Discord aswell

[new link added] - admin

10 Likes

Hi there :slight_smile: I dont really have special cuts to offer up yet, but I will, one day :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Right on! You got your grow room/tent setup yet?

1 Like

Can’t have an Arizona community without @Solowolf!

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

What’s up @Kingmambo I’m coming back from a long hiatus aswell, about 10 years! I’ve been looking for other growers in the central Arizona area. I’m trying to start a “Central Arizona Cannabis Cultivators Community” so we can all share the diamond in the rough phenos we find, compare each others flower and begin to build a strong community of local growers. Would you be interested?

3 Likes

The community aspect of OG is amazing. I’m in Chicago but moving to Traverse City, Michigan next summer. It’s a great idea to start an AZ community. The Michigan community here on OG is sizable and contains some great growers and great people. We’re trying to plan a get-together for next summer to hang out, trade some seeds, and try each person’s smoke.

My tie to AZ is my much better half, @Queenmambo. She is from Tucson and I’ve grown to love it. We don’t get out there as often as we used to because most of her family moved to Phoenix for some reason.

I would be more than happy to participate in the group even though I’m not in Arizona. My biggest advice would be to get @Solowolf involved. He’s got massive experience and knowledge and is a great guy. He’s in Tucson. He is always busy but always willing to help. He’s building out a new grow space which I’m sure many would benefit from following it.

Cheers. Kev :v:t4:

7 Likes

I seem the have the hardest time with the drying/curing process, and it seems to be due to the AZ dry environment needing different attention than most info in guides. Anywhere here have a process that works well for them?

@GreySunGrow_AZ I have a diary I just started on here with Tropicana Poison

3 Likes

Do your drying in a humidity controlled space - adding humidity as needed to keep the humidity up and ensuring the plants do not dry too quickly.

For curing, use mason jars. Put one of those cheap hygrometers in each jar. Burp or leave open each one as needed to keep the humidity at ~60%. After the humidity stabilizes put in a Boveda packet to maintain the correct humidity.

For long-term storage, I use a vacuum sealer, one pound per, then into the deep freeze.

Hope this helps.

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes

I will have to watch the humidity when drying. I had just been hanging branches, and trying to do the snap test described on GWE. By the time I can snap a small branch, the buds are way over dry. That should help, thanks :slight_smile: I’d also take off most of the bigger leaves remaining, if i could reach the stem to snip, because dry trimming makes me want to curl up in the fetal position, but I may need to stop doing that too.

2 Likes

I’m in central AZ-

Just getting started again with a few seedlings…

3 Likes

Back in the day for my personal grow I just de leafed it, hung it up on the stem, after it dried placed it in jars and tried to cure it but ended up smoking about half of it before it had a good cure going. lol

3 Likes

I will be trying to achieve a proper cure on this grow. Will post it in my grow Journal

3 Likes

lol, this is definitely happening here, too

2 Likes

I’m a newbie working on my very first grow. Planted my white widow auto Dec 5th.

I’m always up on meeting people and sharing ideas.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention I’m in Tempe.

3 Likes

There has to be similar groups in the Phoenix area, if that’s where you are. Being from Tucson and having a rivalry (inferiority complex) with Phoenucians, if you’re not in Phoenix, definitely look south! Best Wishes! Q

4 Likes

Shit! Been a busy bee, I’m here for this y’all.
I’m about halfway between Tucson and Phoenix up in the mountains. There’s a couple other guys who want to get started growing out here too. Feel free to hit me up anytime and I will help any way I can. I’m on a mission to Overgrow Arizona, then the :earth_americas: with my brothas and sistas here! I spread the OG Gospel at dispensaries, grow shops, plant nurseries and anywhere else I see “our” people!

8 Likes

Arizonans, I can even help you guys out with some carpentry and plumbing too. I have a lot of PVC and spare parts right now as well. I’m looking for a 1000w HPS, so let me know if you have a line on one.

4 Likes

The only HPS I ever had came from Amazon, but I sent it back and got LED instead. If I find myself over by the Sea of Green shop, I can pop in and ask if they might know.

Looks like they still have some for like $20-$25 a bulb

3 Likes

Cool! thank you @Solowolf, we’re on the same page. :+1:#overgrowarizona

3 Likes