Artisan Presents: Crab Farms

I used to have an old grow log and was going to restart that back up, but so much has changed and I figured starting fresh was truly the right thing to do! If anyone recalls on my last grow log we were cramped up in a small bed room with a single Gavita 1000 DE turned down to the lowest setting. We have since moved to the garage with a moderately better set up and started making a little brand for ourselves ( my 2 roommates and I) calling ourselves Crab Farms and making single source hash rosin. Not necessarily a brand, still more in the setup/ idea phase but you get the idea. No real drops have been made yet, and the IG police got me when I started making some real headway, so off to a little bit of a shaky start yet here we are! Okay now that all the introduction stuff is out of the way I decided to kick this log off with a picture of what I’m popping right now. Stay tuned for pics of the garage grow it’s a doozy :wink:

Shoutout @ReikoX once again for the seeds :seedling:

12 Likes

Here we have a “Nepali Kush” bagseed that was pulled prematurely at about day 45 from 12/12. She has been hanging for a day and a half in my impromptu drying cabinet. I was actually excited for this because I was going to keep it for personal dry flower, but she started throwing some pretty aggressive nanners with no apparent signs of stress and I didn’t want to risk it. When I found the seed it was in some very poorly grown Colorado Rec market bud and I wanted to see if I could do it justice and possibly find some of the kushiness that the original growers certainly lost. Well, not every run is a home run and I did much worse than the original growers lol! A little sad to see her go because she did look like she was about to start really packing on some weight and had super unique pistils that were so long they curled at the tips. Hopefully she will dry up decently and maybe produce a little rosin for the head stash.

5 Likes

Here we have a group shot of the flower room, a group shot of the veg area while they’re sleeping and a pic of one plant I’m really excited about. The single plant is Cheddarwurst by @alphakronik it was the only seed that actually grew out of a 9 or so year old 5 pack and smells like listerine strips to me. We didn’t get clones of the Cheddarwurst yet so a revegging is coming in her near future :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Was a little busy and forgot to post yesterday! So I will show you guys my favorite pheno out of a little pheno hunt we have going on. This girl is Tallyman #6 bred by Oni Seed Co, smells like banana pudding gasoline and has straight OG Kush frame to her. Very excited for this girl!

4 Likes

Side update: The UV2 X LR beans I got from @ReikoX have all sprouted tails (some a little more than others :wink:) and will be put into root riots under the T5 tonight. Last night only 9/12 had popped so I lightly cracked the remaining 3 with my fingers and they took off :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here we have the UV2 X LR starting their first days at life and the rest of the fresh starts under the T5. The bigger plants are Grease Monkey by Exotic Genetics. They were started a while ago and came back from the brink of death. Got 22/22 on germ and 1 fizzled out before it really started, then we had I believe 7 males show themselves and so far the rest are looking pretty feminine. Some even showing pistils :smile: The rest of the seedlings are a mix of Purple Alpine from Grobotnik Genetics, Gelato bagseeds out of some Jungle Boys flower, and Van Helsing (Purple Punch x GMO) x Goji OG from Warped Genetics. Couple having a rough time but overall things are looking great! More to come, stay tuned!

6 Likes

Update: Uppotted a bunch of stuff over the past couple days and the veg area is starting to look somewhat proper! Still have some work to do, but overall I’m pretty pleased with how everything is coming along! Cheers Overgrow :smile:

7 Likes

Nice stash ya got going on there,plants look great! And dude what a beautiful bud photo mad crystals. Cant wait to see all the others unfold… And that last pic whats the one in the back right? Looks bushy from afar. I’m rooting for that one!
Cheers

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I believe that girl back there is a pheno of Tallyman bred by Oni or our Tangie cut we call T-1 found from bagseed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always get super busy and forget to take pictures, but the flower room has been chopped and frozen and everything in the veg area moved over to really fill out! We moved the gavitas down because we had them way too far away and only have 4 on right now to save on electricity. The autos sat in root riot plugs for a little longer than they wanted to I think because they have slightly stalled in growth. They have been since uppotted to their final 1 gallons and moved under a Gavita to see what they can do! Trying to get everything down still and of course balance life lol every run we learn and get a little better though so I’m extremely hopeful for this next run :slight_smile: going to take more pictures in a sec, for now here are the “Elruv” as everyone has been calling them

4 Likes

Here we have a couple angles of the big veg plants and the cloner with cuts in it!

7 Likes

The big room is filling in! Just flipped to flower a couple rays ago and everything is looking good :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A couple different angles of the flower room! As you can tell we are starting to get the garage dialed in and the plants are getting bigger than ever :smile:

7 Likes

I think I may have messed up these autos lol they are maybe 4-6 inches tall for the biggest one and flowering so onward we go! Will be interesting to see what ends up coming of these :wink:

7 Likes

The big room is going super hard! Everything has officially ended stretch and is starting to stack super nice :slight_smile: the lone little bud is the frostiest of the autos from @ReikoX they haven’t gained any size so I’ve upped the ppms to see what happens to em lol cheers!

6 Likes

A couple of my favorite phenos in the flower room at the moment! I labeled the pics because when I upload from my phone they’re never in order lol I believe everything is about half way thru week 4. Forgot the start date this time oops! Everything is looking super good though, I’m very excited for this run :smile:

4 Likes

Almost forgot!
T-1= our Tangie cut from bag seed
GJ1= Garlic Juice from Oni Seed Co
TM7= Tallyman from Oni Seed Co

1 Like

Can I make a suggestion on your light height . Run them 3 ft above the tops of the plants start them off at 500 watts and slowly increase to flowering watt choice .
I hope that makes sense ?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m aware. That’s what we were aiming for and the big plants on the far side are at that height but the smaller ones we didn’t want the lights hanging so low we would hit them and we don’t have the ability to do tables right now. Getting there slowly, but surely. Thank you for your concern!

1 Like

Operation: Save Crab Farms OG! This girl is a bagseed of Strickland Propane which I believe is SFV OG X Koolato Kush (Gelato Kush cross I forget right now) She’s incredibly gassy literary all gas nothing else. First time I’ve ever smelled straight gas with absolutely no Kush to it and she puts on some nice golf ball nugs to match :wink: Unfortunately we didn’t take cuts of her in veg and had to reveg :

3 Likes