Asian landrace × Jamaican landrace

This log is about landrace strain so if this needs to be posted in one of the landrace threads let me know before I go further. I’ll give a quick overview for now.

Ok, I was in search of The Ox from RD and basically no seed bank that I knew of carried Ox anymore. I found a bank overseas in Spain called hipersemillas that currently has them. I honestly didn’t believe the seeds would show up after reading the reviews but I had a few bucks to blow and I really wanted that damn Bubba Ox so I said let’s do it. So after about 29 days to my surprise they showed up, and even better a free pack of seeds that read. Asian landrace × Jamaican landrace? Definitely was interested in these but couldn’t find anything online about the genetics. Jamaican landrace? Lambs bread? Asian landrace? Thai. Well long story short I popped all of The Ox and as expected none of them sprouted :rage: damn Rare dankness…But all 10 of the Asian landrace × Jamaican landrace beans sprouted in 3 days and all of them were female but 1 He/She, thai? and one purple balls dad with trics on the leaves with a weird mutation. I cloned everything but the herm and will make many seeds. I have a few questions if anyone is familiar with these genetics. I’ll post more pics. They are currently about 3 plus weeks in flower. If this log is in the right place I’ll post the entire log to finish here.

Male

The leaves turned purple in veg so I knew a few phenos would be purple but they look more pink now. Sorry for the camera, I’ll get a new phone soon lol

18 Likes

Leaves look kinda wide to be pure a pure thai x jamaican 100% sativa imho

Interesting looking plants though - I’ll be following a long.

2 Likes

This one plant I posted was the only one that was short and squat. The rest were very stretchy sativa style plants but definitely not pure. That’s what I was expecting honestly, A very narrow leaf sativa. Kinda why I started this log. Trying to figure out what I have.

12 Likes

I know what you have. I can confirm, without any doubt, 110% certainty, more sure than I’ve ever been, undoubtedly, unquestionably, it’s…cannabis. :beers:

8 Likes

Here’s a similar shot of a 2007 Jamaican. Leaves are similar.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I have a few hand collected Jamaican seeds. Also did a run of a “held” strain with no germination and the hand collected were average and not the JAM we used to get in the early 80’s.

2 Likes

Did you get any color on them? These turned purple on the leaves early in veg. Maybe that’s the thai?

2 Likes

There was a green and maroon pheno, I didn’t get any purple.
My beans were collected by another member in 2007 from various fields around the island.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Maroon is the color I’m getting more so than purple.

2 Likes

Ever finish these? @Aj_Creator ?

1 Like

I did. Definitely grew like an indica but once flowered had more sativa growth and smoke. Nothing special but Definitely unique in smell and taste. Wish I’d made seeds but had some legal stuff going on so I just wanted harvested. Kicking myself tho because the male looked special. Purple and super frosty.

6 Likes

Uploading: IMG_20220109_104159.jpg…

The male and a few bud shots. I had 9 female 1 male out of a 10 pack.

6 Likes

@Aj_Creator Hey, thanks for popping back out of the woodwork to answer me. Into anything good this year?

3 Likes

I have a pack of Bodhi banana spliff going along with 2 Crockett sour banana sherbet, 2 Csi zkittlez x bubblegum, Ghs King juice and a few crosses I made myself. Will get pics today. They’ve been outdoors vegging since may. Will be flowers in two weeks. There getting pretty big.

2 Likes

Any pictures?