8 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Black jack from a local hydro grower

9 Likes

Found a decent sweetener for adding to what I feed during flowering:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I ran outta gas in the vehicle of life this month. Had to do some madmax style refueling. Alas, the fumes of success!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Guess what! Weed and guns together at last. No federal gun control in MO!

5 Likes

Everything’s looking sweet…are you really feeding your plants grape juice? Is that how people get purple buds?? :grapes:

3 Likes

LOL I wish man! The cold temps and certain pheno types make them purple. Gotta ferment the juice with the rest of what your feeding. The roots are like a filter so its only going to absorb what it needs. Cant force feed plants. I don’t know if anyone else did this in science class but you take a cut branch fully budding out; and put it in water that has food coloring. It doesn’t have roots to filter so it will turn the plant whatever color you choose…to a point.
Edit: but to lower Ph to a perfect level before drying using this method may be a wise choice for problem plants.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I didn’t even realize the levels the other day when I saw that picture :joy: that looks pretty nice for nutrients too.

How do you ferment it? I’d assume similar to Mead or wine, but for all I know you have a method

4 Likes

Why not just sugar? Is there other advantages to juice?

Also, if I’m fermenting grape juice in my house the plants would be lucky to get a taste of it lol

4 Likes

You want the plant to produce sugars on its own. Any sugar your adding is really just helping feed your bacteria. Bacteria that helps breakdown the nutrients into Ions so that the filter (roots) will absorb.

5 Likes

Heres a nice recipe for a major feed during flowering that I use @beacher and @OniTenshu And without yeast the fermentation does not produce alcohol. Noworry-behappy.

1. Buttermilk - small amount the amount most people throw out in a almost empty gallon is usually enough to use per gallon but it will take a little longer to ferment. Good for amino acids and calcium. I recommend getting the chunks out before use. This is your base for all feeds.
  2. Epson salt.
  3. Kelp extract even mix of two top brands. Goldentree and a new company 3 Gems.
  4. Honey - good root probiotic.
  5. Molasses- calcium, iron, magnesium.
  6. African violet liquid feed with a easy pour pre-measured lid.
  7. Grape juice.
  8. Lemon juice - to lower ph if needed.
  9. Bat guano - phosphorus kind. Good for upping ph levels temporarily.
  10. I use ground raisins with old stinky eggshells (grind with honey) and almonds. More calcium and boron.
    In fact remember how the trash cans smelled at a carnival? Like old soda or something. When your done it’ll will smell 10× as bad. With a little vomit from the rollercoaster! Lmao
5 Likes

It looks like it’ll be a nice full feed too. Sounds like you mean rotten eggshells or the equivalent broken down shell smell based off the description :joy: I get that as from what I hear in general when they break down they reek. Personally any eggshells allowed to break down are in the compost bin outside, so I’ve never let them get there. In my experience though I can forget about a carton somewhere for a month and it’s still fine. No bad smell at all.

Or you mean the butyric acid produced by fermentation?

4 Likes

Lactic acid is what most cultures already have in them, and these develop and change into amino acids. The longer the fermentation the more the amino acids change as the microbial growth increases.
Edit: yogurt is really the best thing to use if amino acids are what your after. Make those green buds white AF.

4 Likes