Audrey III and Photo double grow

Is that a schmikel in that one pick?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what schmikel means, but if you spotted a pollen sack Lmk as I’m apparently blind to it.

I saw the gnat though yes. Somehow the population is a constant occasional flyer in the tent. It’s time to work on gnat IPM again probably yes.

Naw I saw a freshly pinched tip laying in the medium in a pot, leaving it for fertilizer?
Lol

2 Likes

Yeah. I agreed to @MomOnTheRun request to mulch any cuttings in the soil. It adds nutrients back in the soil

2 Likes

I took a picture of the drying buds. A little transfer got on the paper, but the conditions in the house the last week would guarantee mold if I hung them somewhere :grimacing: this way they are drying on schedule and not doing too bad for conditions around the bags.

4 Likes

I saw a problem spot in the pics while I was out and took care of it before it became an issue. No mold will form. Like I said before the bud would have gone moldy in the conditions the house has been in from the near constant rain lately :man_facepalming: this is why I use a double paper bag method that I crack open frequently to dry safely vs a open air dry. 65+% Rh and 77-80f average temps in the house would have been the end of Audrey III sadly :pensive: good thing I didn’t do that :hugs: all buds have been separated and are drying properly now as well. She lost the super fruity smell she had. It was like fruity pebbles and cucumbers. Waiting for the dry to finish before I get the final smell I guess :yum: once she’s ready to trim and cure I’ll be happy :grin: she’s a 8 week plant in my conditions for sure though. 8 weeks and 3 days I started to see issues.

Booberry seems pretty happy as well.

Marauder is looking nice and happy. I don’t think she noticed the training at all🤔

DBHP is looking happy and growing nicely.

I took these early this morning before work. I’ll update with new pics once I’m home

1 Like

Temperature is looking much better now and they all look much better. Though the tops on DBHP look a little strange RN :thinking:

2 Likes

Wooleys gotta loveem

1 Like

The dirt pots?:thinking: I just get hotel results. Oddly none of the results mention the wooly aphid​:thinking:

The pipe cleaners…wooley aphids

1 Like

Pipe cleaners work great.

These things though are awful

https://bugguide.net/node/view/347779

1 Like

Not that bad for trim jail. I wish they would have lasted longer than a week, but it is what it is and I’m not drying them to Oblivion :joy:

45.6g after drying weight. I broke apart so many buds to get rid of any huge stems and now all the weight is bud. That way I can actually account for my usage properly now😋

1 Like

All 3 are looking good! I should be able to give them another day or 2 without water now.

2 Likes

It was time to adjust training and now let’s see how DBHP likes her HST. So far her stem is getting thick AF and she’s fighting the bend by curling around it😂 if bota doesn’t pop I think I found the next contender for the 20 gallon pot. It’s been collecting dust in my kitchen on a tripod waiting for a plant to be ready for it.

2 Likes

Time to burp the jar. Even with a boveda pack I still make sure to burp it as the buds just get stuck together otherwise.

Currently the jar smells like vanilla, pine, citrus, and black pepper, with undertones of musk, and a strong lingering skunk after the air clears a bit. No green smell at all​:thinking: odd. Also yes my bed is a mess. Snacks line it nearly always :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like Marauder has pests. Some kind of tiny microscopic caterpillar or leafminer maybe. Unfortunately at a bad time as I can’t grab anything until Saturday :man_facepalming: does anyone have any ideas to help me identify what it is? Somehow they are localized to Marauder and none of them are showing up on any leaves on DBHP or Booberry :thinking: I wonder what the IPM is for these pests​:thinking: I want to avoid spraying if possible. There’s already enough damage to her leaves. Ladybugs come to mind, but if I can get something cooperative with them that also likes to eat these bugs and maybe gnats too would be ideal. I’ll be getting nematodes as well if they work with ladybugs. Looks like one of the hazards of working in a mail warehouse is exposure to pests if not one of the few neighborhood outdoor grows that ran into pest issues this year :man_facepalming: those are the only 2 changes in my life really that could explain why I’m carrying them into the tent if they don’t just find their way from the backyard and escape to the predator free tent.

1 Like

I can get on IPM for the tent soon. Looks like the pests are small worms or something as they crawl on the leaves on Marauder, but they can jump too🤔 whitish green color. Mostly white. Also somehow still localized to Marauder and not Booberry or DBHP.

Other than that the tent is looking good and happy. I raised the QB up and lowered the cob down slightly to be an even light source beaming down. Seems they all liked it. I raised it a few days ago and they definitely look better than before, but DBHP looks a little nitrogen toxic and also I think potassium deficient as I caught a brownish necrosis spot on a fan leaf. The leaf around it is alive still.

Booberry is the first confirmed female in the tent. I checked the rest of them closely and no signs of presex development going on for DBHP and Marauder.

The lavender decided it is going to grow again :thinking: I think my lights were too close​:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

For now it’s back to training for these young ones.

I transplanted DBHP to a 3 gallon pot. Once j grab another 3 gallon Booberry is next. Marauder is last once IPM is finished.

The pics of the leaves I mentioned earlier

Booberry also has some getting deficient too

Now I have to figure out where I stored all of my pots. I may as well buy fresh ones in the morning after work

They were out of 3 gallon pots, but they had a 7 gallon pot and with some vermiculite in the mix now it feels like loam when wet, but passed the ball test. I finally bought a moisture meter to help me when I can’t figure it out.

When mixing up the soil as I added water it just kept staying dry​:joy: I added about 2 gallons by the time both the ball test and moisture meter said it was all good to go. What feels right to my hands apparently is a 1.2 on my moisture meter. It also won’t ball up when it feels like that. I’ll be getting familiar with that as that might explain a good amount of my issues :man_facepalming: I’m watering so often because the soil didn’t have enough water originally and it got too dry before I watered again :expressionless:

I also bought a couple of 15 gallon pots for later when it’s time for the final transplant. Dirt pot brand. I’ve been really liking the quality in those pots.

I’m training all of them out as I figure out where to tug each one to spread out like the lemon balm does. I sprayed with insecticidal soap after lights off. I didn’t notice any on the leaves left🤔 the cilantro is out. Found mites on it. They don’t seem to show up anywhere that has intense light.

3 Likes

All 3 are looking better after transplant had time to set in. The newest mix with vermiculite seems to work much better for them and when it’s time to transplant DBHP I might just put them into a 15 gallon and use this mix instead as it seems to be working really well, but I did notice while mixing it up that it might need a lot of water. I forgot about the black gold moisture supreme container mix I added also with the soil from Audrey III mixed in as well.

Booberry

Marauder

DBHP

2 Likes