Audrey III and Photo double grow

I see that, good ole Ma Nature knows how to take care of things

2 Likes

and any seasoned Trailer Park Boys fan. Says here in this book learning that we need aphids Julian wtf is that …(turns page… ten minutes later) Shti they’re fucking ladybugs book writing nerd assholes way to pad oot a book just fucking tell me that hahaha! When he has cats guarding his plants from birds and squirrels who were sneaking into the grow trailer and stealing three four calyx at a time, so he had the cats living in there but they brought bug pests.

2 Likes

Aphids were brought in by the US Agriculture to combat something in the soybeans.
When that backfired they brought in the Asian musk beetle kinda looks like a ladybug, less spots and different color and the fuckers bite and it hurts.

3 Likes

man, you just buggin’

2 Likes

That they are… Just bugs
Lived in the Agriculture belt , all my uncle’s were farmers

3 Likes

Today turned out to be watering day. It hasn’t been a while since I watered last I don’t believe, but I trusted my gut and once the whole tent got water I saw a much better growth pattern on all of the plants :thinking: I added a tablespoon of Epsom salt, a tablespoon of sorrell ridge unsulfured blackstrap molasses(sodium free), and a tablespoon of dark brown sugar to a gallon of tap water left out all day until the chlorine smell vanished. Even DBHP looks very happy after​:thinking: the color looks much better than before too in new growth. No runoff in any of the pots after watering. The new mix I made I like much better than the one I’ve been using :grimacing: the vermiculite heavy mix was definitely better for the soil conditions and it made it very aerated too. It felt like seedling mix. Completely passive even after saturating it, but it passed the ball test perfectly.

Next week I’ll order predatory mites and nematodes to add to the IPM in case some are getting resistant :thinking: tomorrow I’ll grab some red Wiggler’s from the worm farm in the basement and introduce them to the soil in each pot. How many should I add per pot?:thinking:

DBHP is looking much better. Took a few days to bounce back from the tops being eaten by something smaller than I can see, but not too small for the ladybugs :thinking:

Marauder is looking happier than before, but they also got hit bad from the pests. I’m glad I jumped on ordering the ladybugs and lacewings when I did. It seems I got them in the tent just in time to save the grow :grimacing:

Booberry is actually extremely happy. Tbe rest didn’t like the mix, but the mix seems to be just got enough for them to not have any serious issues. They should appreciate the potassium, calcium, and iron in the molasses. The Epsom salt should make sure they don’t get deficient in magnesium or sulfur hopefully.

Jelly pie seems to like the makeshift humidity dome I gave them. The good old cut off 2 liter bottle top dome. No cap though. The topsoil is coast of Maine seedling starter mix. The soil beneath is the same mix I used to transplant Marauder and Booberry with.

1 Like

They all got retraining today. Booberry needs some extra training to even out the canopy. Marauder needs to be trained a little later than the rest as they’re very bushy. I’m working on spreading all the branches out evenly like the rest, but in their case it’s a nice round shape. DBHP is much happier than before. Now to wait for the tops to outgrow the damage they got😬

The lavender was slightly overwatered, but otherwise looks good.

2 Likes

I need to find who’s got Marauder looks like it’s a nice strain to try. I see your lady bugs are liking it.

1 Like

The pests did too😬 the ladybugs love the feast

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: Why does she need more water already?:grimacing: I lifted her, checked the bottom, checked the soil deep, and checked leaf structure. My only guess is they all really enjoyed the water yesterday a little too much as all plants had dry soil​:grimacing: DBHP got 1 liter and the other 2 got other 1 liter split between them and another liter of water each(except DBHP who’s sitting at 1L) after that. I have no idea why they all drank the soil dry. Even the ones without the molasses and Epsom salt water​:grimacing: the exception is the seedling and the lemon balm in the 1 gallon pot. They didn’t need water today.

2 Likes

How is it that my mood is tied to my grow conditions :grimacing::joy:
Took a spiritual dose of pans today to figure myself out and when I come home to my plants I see them happier than ever​:hugs: almost like improving my mood makes my weakest plant recover :thinking:

2 Likes

Looking at the pics I uploaded last I can see when the time comes to flower the companion plants I’ll have to either figure out a spot for or harvest and move them out as the 20 gallon and 2 15 gallon pots should take up the majority of room and if there is space it’ll be heavily shaded, but based on the growth so far I should be able to fill out the canopy finally. :thinking: I’ll let them spread roots and fill out these pots while I wait for jelly pie to catch up a bit. The mint and lemon balm are perennial, so I’ll probably try to find a space to put them after transplant, but I may just uppot the lemon balm and mint to a 7 gallon pot. The mint thrived outside of the tent, so I’ll probably just pull it outside the tent though.

No night pics sorry. I’ve been sealing the room all day to minimize the air that vents out into my house to help warm it and block light leaks as much as possible. With the wall of Basil’s, Lemon Balm’s, mint, and lavender have seemingly worked well as an additional barrier to allow airflow, but block as much light from entering the tent as possible. It’s been 3 days since I did that full list and it might be coincidence, but it seems to be helping with the growth of the plants it seems like to me. Though I’m not going to lie that moisture meter helped me out so much to find another clue to my issues and confirm my dry pockets in my soil theory :man_facepalming: :grimacing: it’s helped me to find out better what’s too wet and what’s too dry. Analog meter without batteries. It’s definitely improved my watering habits based on what I learned mixing up the soil and how much watering needed to saturate to the proper moisture level​:joy: I’m getting a better feel with my hands and seeing how my soil behaves better. So far the last watering seems to be the good one :grin:

No signs of dehydration yet. I topped all tops and lowers on all 3 big girls. Booberry is a confirmed female. Those tops don’t lie. Shes following the same 2 month to flower pattern that Zelda did. While I could just flip to flower now I’m going to train them all out more and then they’ll get a bigger pot to spread roots in flower. I mulched all the tops and leaves too close to the soil while I was already pruning. Should help the topsoil from drying out so quickly :grimacing:

Tbe seedling outgrew the bottle some and now they’re free to grow up like the rest of the plants.

Lively tops

Before

After

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: the ladybugs are training jelly pie for me​:joy:

Marauder is looking like they really want to live. The good bugs are doing their job well :grin:

Booberry is still following in Zelda’s footsteps :grimacing: she’s determined to be in flower. I guess I’ll have to see what happens with Booberry and if they flower in veg also. I wonder how different they’ll look?:thinking: they look so much more healthy and happy compared to Zelda, so I can only imagine how much better the growth in that stage will be too​:thinking:

DBHP is looking much better on new growth. I left on as much of the growth existing to not stress them too hard. Just the sick ones, ones too close to the soil, and ones too yellow to provide any function.

3 Likes

Still haven’t watered the tent​:grimacing: how long can they go?!:grimacing:
This was at lights on

DBHP looks thirsty, but not quite ready to beg for water yet. Stubborn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: new growth looks much better than before. Not much longer before they’ll get a new pot with a better soil mix as I can see the same soil with vermiculite made all the difference for the plants​:grimacing:

Looks like it’ll be thirsty Thursday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Finally :heart_eyes: I’m mixing up some water now for tomorrow 15ml scoop of Epsom salt, 15ml molasses, 15ml dark brown sugar, and 5ml of seedling mix to add some microbes in the water to keep it from going bad while I’m at work unable to stir it :grimacing: They all look much happier with that ratio every other watering. Making that note of the exact ratio was good. This all gets added to a gallon of water after its left to sit out and lose the chlorine after an initial hot water purge to coax it out sooner. Got water to dissolve the Epsom salt and once it’s cool I’ll mix in the molasses and brown sugar. I leave it in a dark cabinet to settle while I stir the water until it smells stale yet not stale. Hard to describe, but I use my strong sense of smell to get the water to the point it was at last feed watering. If you can really consider it a feed water. Though I am adding nutrients intentionally to keep my girls happy :grimacing: the potassium in the molasses definitely seems to be just right with this mix​:hugs: I intentionally got one without phosphorus, sodium, and sulfur.

After recalibration my pH pen says the pH is 6 and climbing up a little while it settles down overnight.

They’ll all get a little of the mixed up water. My water from my tap is sitting at 6.86 pH, so it should be ideal once I can get more mixed up to water the mixed up water down with.

Edit: I checked the log and it’s been 6 days before she started to look like this. I’m glad I got them to last a week between waterings now. The shade over the soil definitely made a huge difference in how fast they asked for water it seems. Even the Tulsi seems to want to reveg now​:hugs: @MomOnTheRun thank you for making it hard on me this grow. I needed it to make sure I got the hang of it right. I had a couple of bumps, but I’ve been working hard on going through all that you’ve told me and drilling it in my brain. I really appreciate the help you’ve given me and I’ll be able to pay it forward to someone close to me when the time is right for them to grow their own garden :grin:

4 Likes

DBHP is taking time to recover from the severe dehydration, but they made it a week, so they got their reward for waiting. Water was pH 6.55. water from tap is sitting at 6.86 pH still.

Marauder and Booberry both don’t seem to be begging for water, but it’s been a week for them as well.

Forgot to take an overhead shot before watering.:grimacing:

Only one pic post watering for now. Follow up post once they drink up to see how they look afterwards.

3 Likes

Looking much improved now. Better than myself :grimacing: once I get my insurance back I need to get looked at. I just twisted wrong putting a glass of water in the ground and fainted after losing feeling in my legs​:grimacing: I can move again, but that’s alarming.

2 Likes

Just had a small power outage cycling on and off. Hopefully they’re not too stressed out :grimacing: I’ll upload pics later. Having internet issues

Power fully out​:grimacing: well I guess I’ll see if DBHP is female also​:weary: I didn’t have any plans to give them a long night​:weary: today was only 10 hours on before the lights went out​:grimacing: Marauder has pistils showing now. DBHP is showing signs of presex. now they’ll get full expression :joy:

1 Like

Night pics during the power outage last night. Lights came back on almost right after the pics here. Timer fixed and they’re back on the same light cycle and time as before :grimacing:
Hopefully not too stressed out. Though Booberry looks to need water already :grimacing: light pot and dry dirt on bottom :thinking: how?!:joy: Should I be giving them more water?:thinking: I think l wait, but that’s insane that after the sugar water mix they drink so fast they don’t seem to want to wait a week to drink again :grimacing: DBHP is still in recovery, but looking much better. The leaves definitely got damage from being too dry, but otherwise they’re recovering well.

Now for today’s pics
DBHP got some mild retraining as they were bunched up in front.

Booberry got a top trained down also. It was apparently untrained and the dominant top now. It’s level with the rest now. There’s a couple left, but I’ll let them get a little bigger before I drag them to the spot I’ll leave them in. Thirsty girl though as she had a gallon of water yesterday and she’s thirsty again it looks like. The soil does hold quite a bit of water though as when I mixed it up I remember how much it held without being saturated :grimacing: dumb question, but should I be hydrating vermiculite before mixing it in soil?:grimacing:

I’m pretty sure I had originally overwatered jelly pie, but the soil seems to be aerated enough to not go anaerobic :thinking: it’s either that or they self train​:grimacing: I’m going with human error :joy: they’re happy though :grin: seems they liked it in the end.

3 Likes