Aurora Borealis with Kingmambo

And now for something completely different. I’ve gotten accustomed to growing numerous strains together so this seems a bit odd to me.

This grow is one strain. I started twelve seeds of Aurora Project F2 from an unknown breeder thanks to @ShiskaberrySavior. They are Northern Lights #5 x Northern Lights #1. NL is a favorite smoke of many in my orbit so this grow is for stash.

My primary goal is to add this line into future breeding projects. I hope to get a couple good males then let them have a little party with the best females. I’ll be collecting pollen as well. Assuming the quality is there, I will also be keeping a mother or two.

I do not have experience in growing NL so i welcome any input or tips you lovely people have. We used to have a place on a lake in far Northern Wisconsin. I spent many hours on the dock, well faded, looking in wonderment at the night sky and Aurora Borealis.

All 12 popped and tails in <48 hours. Somehow, the tail on one broke in half. The little one survived and is catching up to the others.

Two damped off fairly quickly. They’ve all been in a heated humidity dome since they were put in soil. They all took off and look leggy though they’ve slowed growing taller.

We lost another one. :cry: This time it was a personal attack by my lead grow assistant:

Her name is Kolo but currently she is called Shitrat. She is rather a troublemaker but this is her first offense with the plants. She is a youngster but she is being charged as an adult for this crime.

So now we have nine. Hopefully no more casualties!

Kev :peace_symbol::heart::seedling:

32 Likes

Looking forward to your grow! :v:

6 Likes

Laughing at your comments :rofl: BUT I know what its like to feel the Cats :cat2: Rath… Excited to follow along here.

8 Likes

We have a new kitten. I was exhaling a dab, and she jumped up on the counter and started trying to catch the smoke. 20 minutes later she was passed out on the couch. If I forget to put my ashtray away, she’ll each a roach. Total stoner cat.

7 Likes

NL is favorite of mine. Glad to watch the show!.

4 Likes

Oooh very nice. Cute kitty too! Looks like my grow assistant, Merlin. He really prefers to supervise but sometimes he’ll help defoliate too :joy_cat: Hope the punishment wasn’t too harsh :joy_cat:

NL is my favorite, easy to grow, not much work to be done for maintenance. I’ll setup my chair over here and grab my smoke :drooling_face: :movie_camera: :popcorn:

6 Likes

Sounds like an interesting cross. I’ll be watching. Best of luck. :beers:

3 Likes

Gonna crash over in the far corner, tall Mug of African Nectar Tea (you gotta try it!!!), gotta a stale Tuna Sandwich (might keep Kolo/S-rat distracted). Do your thing, pulling for your success. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Looks like going to be a good one. I will be following along. I just got a kitten she has been really curious but hasn’t touch the girls yet. And better not.

4 Likes

11 Likes

I never gave cats much interest until about a decade ago. It’s amazing to watch how their mind works. We have two other cats currently (kids/COVID) living with us and our puppers Kora:

12 Likes

It’s so hard to find good cat assistants anymore . Lol
Adorable. I’m watching this one for sure. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

@Kingmambo if that Black Cat needs a Bail Bondsmen or Lawyer I will help :wink:

that is a nice cat :slight_smile:

and I cannot wait to see you grow these beans out should be a great show

thanks for putting it up for us

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

With Northern Lights being a foundation stash strain for me, I decided to make a fair number of seeds. I will try to make enough for a mini seed run. This is of course dependent on getting a suitable male.

When they get up-potted I will wikify and start a sign up. In the mean time you can just reply here so I don’t forget anyone.

Grow on brothers and sisters!

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

I’m down! Northern lights was always a valued strain growing up. South of Seattle we would get runs from Canada every couple months.

1 Like

If these grow the rest of the way the way these have started, we might be onto something special. They are leggy but have strong stalks.

I’ve got 9-10 strains from this breeder but this is the first I’m growing. There were 48 seeds in the tube! My long-term plan is to develop my own NL IBL using the phenos I like.

I can send you some of the seeds I have remaining. Just let me know.

Kev✌🏽

6 Likes

Is the Coyote Bridge Builders invite only? How would I find a listing of their strains?

2 Likes

Excited to see what you create. I do outdoor during summers. NL would be nice outdoor. Have 2 boxes in my garage as well.

1 Like

I have an email and IG:

These were a gift from @ShiskaberrySavior for helping get seeds up to him at the North Pole aka Canada. There are some intriguing matchups amongst them:

Banana Kush IBL x Starfighter IX2
Great Lakes Haze x Alien Cookies #5
Ghost Train Haze x Gorilla Biscuit
Aurora Project F2 = NL#1 x NL#5
Black Congolese x Panama Red
Buckeye Purple x Oregon Bus Pass
Duckweb IBL x Oregon Bus Pass
Kali Mist x Alien Cookies #5 F2
Petrolia Headstash x Durban Poison

They are all very nice pairings.

14 Likes

Awesome, thanks!