🇦🇺 Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

I changed the pump timer to include watering every day and planted some more seedlings and even took home a few buds.

The cicadas started singing just before the sun went down and was such a deafening racket was making my brain rattle. The dots on the tree are some of the noisy feckers I spotted

The insects I am interested in though are these, I’m hoping they are some sort of predatory wasp? Chime in if you have any idea.

I did cut down the harvested plants in a way they could still reveg but I will replace them with seedlings anyway around the start of the new year.

The patch as a whole is starting to look green :slightly_smiling_face:

One of the Mendo Lights from @deep_rob I didn’t top just to see how the single main cola forms.

22 Likes

Half a world away but this looks like what you may have.
https://nzacfactsheets.landcareresearch.co.nz/factsheet/InterestingInsects/Passion-vine-hopper---Scolypopa-australis.html

5 Likes

Yes that’s the little suckers, thanks.

Looks like my next tool at the patch will be a fly swatter.

5 Likes

Looking good mate, hope it stays solid for you.

2 Likes

Starting to look great Pedro, keep it up mate

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

They are looking awesome mate !!

3 Likes

Thanks guys, they were obviously needing a bit more water but doing as well as can be expected for the harsh conditions we’ve been having.

I can’t seem to up any images

5 Likes

Gorilla Glue x Super Skunk has outgrown me in the height department but i still have it over her in width!
Most of the ladies are branching out nicely now though.

Heres the 3 weekly walk-through.

33 Likes

Doesn’t get much better than that mate, you’re killing it. Hope you get some reveg, that’d be awesome.

3 Likes

some reveg would be cool but i have a backup plan of just planting seedlings right next to the harvested trunks so the drippers can keep them both watered. then the slowest plant of the 2 will be culled…

or let them both grow, who knows i will change my mind 4 times before all that happens.

Happy Days.

11 Likes

Looking good. Lots of them are starting to beef up now!!

3 Likes

LMAO!!! You are funny my friend!!!

4 Likes

Looking good man! You’re braver than me, no way I hell would I be out in the bush in Australia. You much shit there wants to kill ya lol

3 Likes

I just looked back on every single baby I planted directly in the ground last year. They all had that one set of yellow leaves from transplant like yours do. Isn’t that weird? Never had that on any of my container transplants. Not a single one. Wonder if other outdoor growers notice this on theirs? I truly believe that outdoor plants have a higher likelihood of being females as well. That is only a theory, but my outdoor percentage is always higher female to male ratio.

Plants look awesome and are moving right along!

2 Likes

you don’t have to be out in the bush in Australia they come to your backyard and house :laughing:

5 Likes

Those Passion Vine hoppers are the equivalent of Aphids and do the same type of damage to plants, attacking the growing tips and sucking out the plant juices, leaving behind “honeydew” that can create a sticky coating on plant leaves and cause sooty mold to grow. This sooty mold can suffocate plants causing irreparable harm and may even kill them.

Searching the plant, looking for eggs and removing them will help considerably. The female hopper only lays eggs once a year and the eggs are white in color and are laid in straight rows.

There is an organic spray available called “EnSpray 99 oil” that may be used to help control their populations.

There are also a few beneficial plants that you could plant near your grow that attract natural Passion Vine hopper predators… these beneficial plants are lavender, alyssum and borage.

I’ve read through your whole grow thread and must commend you on your dedication to growing cannabis where you live. I know about hot climates and how difficult it can be to grow cannabis in them and think you are doing a stellar job of it.
Keep up the excellent work Pedro!

10 Likes

Damn S, not much your not keyed up on for weed is there, !!! Your gonna be very helpful round here once the member’s get to know you!

I concur, Pedro is the MAN for this grow, took tons of work, lots of time and dedication. I sure hope he pulls it off without a hitch .

6 Likes

So do I… he really deserves it! He’s put in a whole lot of work to make his grow happen the way he wants it.

4 Likes

Yes he does!! He is a good dude too! Glad your watching, although he absolutely knows what he is doing!!

3 Likes

I see that… and I have learned a few things by watching his grow too.
The more you know!

2 Likes