šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

There are a good many here with very good knowledge like you man, it is a bit different than where you mod at, lol.
You see how everyone trades and gifts shit over here yet???

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that there is a lot of generosity coming from quite a few members around here.

Not much is more gratifying than watching someone else grow the crosses/strains you labored to createā€¦ and like them!
Thatā€™s as good as it gets for a lot of peopleā€¦ including me.

Apologies to you Pedro for hijacking your thread for a minute.

6 Likes

Me too. They allow fighting, but they take it to the Shark Tank to do it, so general site does not see it.

The best weed I have grown in over a decade came from a member hereā€™s own work!!! So much great shit flying around here it is not funny. Cool we can open trade, just remember no talk of final product tradingā€¦no bud and such, cuts, seeds 100% legit to trade .

3 Likes

Thanks for the information @DesertGrown Iā€™ve been reading up on them a bit and trying to decide a course of action, a dry powder that I could mix on site would be good I already have a small box of BT on site but thatā€™s more for leaf eaters.

What I reaaally need is rain so that my cannabis isnā€™t the only sweet juicy supple plant material in a 6 kilometre radius for insects to hone in on.

Good to see you here :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

All good, if the thread doesnā€™t de-rail it would get boring only getting an update every 3 weeks.

Happy days.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to battle the heat today and bash some insects and just give everything a good look over.

Normally I only stay for an hour at sunset when the shadows are long but with school finishing in a few days I want to get everything that needs doing done while I have the chance.

Keep smiling.

11 Likes

Armed an dangerous, them bugs arenā€™t gonna know what hit 'em lol

2 Likes

Pedro, just curious, and you may have already mentioned this before, but what is the humidity like where you are?

1 Like

It swings wildly mate at the moment we have 50%Rh last week it was 20 and when ā€˜the wetā€™ finally arrives it will be 80 and above.

4 Likes

Where Iā€™m at itā€™s frequently less that 10% RH during the summer monthsā€¦ that makes growing vascular plants, such as cannabis, a little trickier.

If I had 20% it would be a little easier, but 50% is unheard of around hereā€¦ maybe during the rainy season, which is from now through February, or so.

Unfortunately, we donā€™t get much rain during our summers hereā€¦ it just gets hot!

2 Likes

I only found 4 of the Passion Vine Hoppers today and managed to kill 3 of them.

Looks like I am getting some reveg on the Digital Dream and hopefully maybe the Orange Sunshine.

The ones that havenā€™t really started flowering yet are the Dragons Blood Hash Plants and the GG#4 X Super Skunk along with one of the Shiva Blues and both Shiva Dream X Blues.

Both of my DBHP have the red sap trait which is sorta cool.

This is how I meant with planting a seedling next to a maybe-reveg-stump.

Keep Smiling

26 Likes

@Pedro_Bann
mate Iā€™m loving this thread ,it looks like the girls are growing into real Prom queens ,and your hard work seems set to pay back in Spades ā€¦ given me something to strive for for sure , if I can do half as well as yours in our summers difficult conditions I will be 1 happy camper indeed

3 Likes

Yeah, youā€™ll be waiting forever for the DBHP to bud. Mine didnā€™t start budding until Sept outdoors here, so late late summer.
Trust me, youā€™ll have harvested everything and be going back just for them. lol Totally worth it though!

Also, for dirt cheap you can grab a couple seed packs of sweet alyssum that @DesertGrown mentioned and throw them down all over at the edges of your grow. They are ground cover flowers, I grow tons of them in my container flowers and just recently in my annual flower bed. They sprout and grow in what seems like 5 minutes. Easiest and fastest flowers Iā€™ve ever grown. Any way as an extra layer of protection as a companion, help with those hoppers. I think they are like $2 for 100 seeds here at Home Depot. As a bonus, they are really pretty too.

6 Likes

Going oleskool on those. I had our local version here this summer and they were on all the strains. Finally had to mix some soap to thin them down.

2 Likes

Just thought of something elseā€¦ May interest you

@MomOnTheRun I know you told me about the 2 different phenos you grew out on the DBHP. Did the cucumber/mushroom/earthy smelling one bleed? My Citrus/Fuel pheno did. Curious if there was a correlation between the bleeding and the 2 phenos?

3 Likes

I didnā€™t find any correlation between bleeders and scent/tasteā€¦they either did or didnā€™t :wink:

7 Likes

Any updates Pedro? 20 characters

1 Like

I donā€™t visit the patch often now that itā€™s setup but I should get in there on Christmas Day I reckon.

I will take 5 seedlings to replace some of the early flowered plants.

Iā€™m skipping being with the in-laws for a few hours to be where Iā€™d rather be :slightly_smiling_face::beers:

18 Likes

Itā€™s been 45 degrees plus in a lot of places here, 2 days ago the average temp across oz was 42.3 degree c and with all the insane fires here, visiting your patch becomes much more of a risk than it is alreadyā€¦ I have completely abandoned one patch this year due to lack of accessible water and the danger of having to go through tinder dry scrub to get thereā€¦ always another opportunity to grow, so better to be safe than sorry at the mo imhoā€¦

8 Likes

I totally understand what it means to grow in such a hot climateā€¦ it routinely gets up to 47Ā°C/117Ā°F around here, however, I donā€™t have the fire danger where Iā€™m at. Thereā€™s not enough vegetation around here to burnā€¦ and everything has a wax coating for protection from the sun and doesnā€™t burn well in the first place.

I agreeā€¦ better safe than sorry!

5 Likes