New to commercial growing, looking for smaller plants

We are new to Commerical growing and I want to make sure I get legit seeds. I’m looking for smaller plants like Black Domina, American Dream, Mr. Teeny. I don’t want to mess up our rep out here in New Mexico. Can someone point me in the right direction?

8 Likes

Here’s a great place to start! Head over there and tell us a bit about yourself and your grow op. Oh, and we love to see pics!

4 Likes

IS this a licensed op? It sounds like you may be a"chad". My advice is to hire experienced guys from the black market. And to hire high dollar consultants to set up your ip. If you’re only in it for the money you will surely produce boof.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @NewtotheGame

1 Like

I have been seei g stuff like this pretty commonly on cannabis sites/forums. How did so many large companies hire inexperienced growers and workers?

Props to you for your bullshitting skills

5 Likes

Short veg times.

3 Likes

I don’t know what a Chad is but I’m sure we are one. We do have an advisor and an experience growers both who have made recommendations. I’m on my personal quest for all the information I can get. We are growing with aeroponics and we are licensed waiting on construction. Being new is temporary, everyone starts somewhere, but the knowledge we gain and my impact on my family will be forever. Shalom Growers Abq NM

4 Likes

Family owned, someone thinks I’m smart enough to be successful. We all start somewhere

3 Likes

We do, i started with random seeds and my moms backyard.

I dont think a friend/family members good intent is enough to base my business on

But i wasnt trying to start a expert business as an amature.

Good luck to you, hire some more experienced growers.

As @Foreigner mentioned, forcing your plants to flower after a shorter than normal veg time will keep their size down. For genetics, equatorial sativa varieties tend to grow tall while indicas from mountainous regions tend to stay more compact. Williams Wonder is a good yielding indica with a small size. AK Bean Brains offers it for sale through various seed vendors (I like jbcseeds.com) but you might be able to swing a better deal if you contact him directly (@Dankertowne).

I lived in ABQ in the mid-90s. I’d love to be able to use all that sunshine to grow outdoors, but I’m back in the Midwest under LED lights.

5 Likes

If you want smaller plants you can also look to autos. You will also get product faster to boot. Plus you will only need1 space, versus a veg and flower areas.

OTOH, most commercial growers run rooms full of the same clone, which is not possible with autos…

Good luck!

5 Likes

I read this post about smaller plants. My very first reaction is this— what does your market like.
I can grow a grapey hash plant all day long that is fast short plant. No buddy I know wants it. They are looking for gas!
Know the market

5 Likes

Clones. Especially running aeroponic soooo easy. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a full aeroponic room but I’ve thought of home Depot ing it with totes n pvc and pond pumps.

Either way.
Height I think is a thing you weed that out picking your keeper phenos. Beat down w light limits it too. You want quicker flowering hybrids that pack weight and a punch. Get your packs of strains you like. Pop em n clone every plant aero cloner to aero pots easy easy. Then select which clones to keep in rotation once you see the mothers’ performance and product. Multiply those clones x as many as you need to fill your space keep extras or mother plants to keep cloning from .
Far as good genetics. There’s threads here on many breeders work and where to get their gear at multiple seedbanks reviews too. Welcome to og.
My opinion if buying seeds try a couple odd things you never heard of too

2 Likes

if you have already hired cultivators and/or consultants and they cant answer these questions for you in a clear and concise manner, you have hired the wrong people

6 Likes

That wasn’t my question and I never said that. If you don’t want to help silence is better than an uninformed response.

1 Like

If you don’t want help please don’t respond. I’m believed in for a reason.

1 Like

The whole point of everyone suggesting a consultant is that info isn’t free for guys like you. Good luck, you’re gonna need it

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but if it’s a commercial opp and they’re not really weed people tell them to pay a consultant or leave the business to those who’ve sacrificed in the game. Not a fan of rich folk trying to take over what was once a working class dominated industry.

7 Likes

That’s my feelings exactly. I’ve been growing over 25 years and very few people want to pay for that.
I literally read a Craigslist ad in southern Maine. Wanted a grower that can run a warehouse facility with no training. We offer 18 dollars an hour.
Right below was an ad for hvac. No experience necessary. We will train offer 20 dollars an hour.
It’s insane to me

3 Likes

no, i dont. but i did anyway. youre welcome.

lol
good luck dude. i hope you didnt go all in on this because you are going to get eaten alive out there

3 Likes