Auto feminized grow

In all my years of growing I have never ever grown out autos. I have a summer deadline this year and must be rapped up with my fall harvest by September 1. The wife and me are going on vacation and grow season must be over! I talked with a breeder from Spain “Mesphito” genetics a while back and he said I should give his genetics a try. One of his gang in Colorado sent me these, nice of them for sure. So May 1 I start the germination process indoors with a planned greenhouse start date of June 1. I have no fucking idea what’s going to happen but stay tuned as I go forth. Here are the strains Mephisto sent, thanks to Mesphito! Anyone ever grow autos on here, what do I expect?

4 Likes

I am so glad you are doing this before me. I dub you KING GUINEA PIG!

1 Like

Never touched an auto but always had intrest… Guess we’ll all let tou take the wheel and go for a ride.

1 Like

Only can say ya best Spanish Autos I know are from Sweet Seeds.

1 Like

Thanks mig. But I didn’t pay a dime for these beans. Mesphito folks really did me a solid!

1 Like

I have done a couple for my first grow …closet grow in Ireland …under 250w hps dual spectrum …in coco…skunk #1 from sensi seeds and amnesia haze from expert seeds got about 25-30g per plant which I thought was alright and smoke was really good too!
But they still take up to 90 days from seed to finish …and in the same time i could manifold/SCROG some nice little trees from a regular/Feminized bean and get a much better yield for the space I have. Here’s a pic from when I was setting up for my SCROG!

you can see I don’t have a lot of space.
I think if your going to use them you need a bigger space than mine :smiley: and lots of plants!!

4 Likes

I’m sure your going to do much better than me :smile: as you have the experience and knowledge of growing already before you start…I just started with autos and didn’t even know how a plant grew :slight_smile: haha and thought i would save time. I’ve learned a lot since then and now I’m learning a whole lot more since I came to overgrow and reading everything you guys have to say about growing and putting it to use in my room :smiley: cheers.

4 Likes

In hope too! Thanks for the info it’s very helpful.

1 Like

Btw, how much veg time does one get from a auto strain?

You don’t get much time until they start to flower…usually around 21 days you will start to notice.

1 Like

Mr. SLOgrown, I have some Fantasmo Express from Mesphisto(obtained through seedsherenow) that I am holding for a late season grow. My area has like 90+% humidity daily for spring/summer and I seriously doubt an auto- flower could handle that. I will be following this thread with the rest if the fellas, looking forward to the info and good weed carma on you!

1 Like

Not much to update other than I mixed up soil today and it’s sitting in 3-40 gallon trash cans heating up for the next month. I plan to plant autos seeds in the first week on May under my t5’s. Germ them and let them veg for a couple weeks or until I see the first hint of pre-flower. Then I will plant up to 5gallons and in the greenhouse they go. I’m growing 15 fem 5 different strains, 2 CBD critical mass, 2 blueberry, and 2 of something a friend gave. My friend claims they are 30+ THC level type indica he created last year we will see!

2 Likes

Start with your finishing pot if possible. Autos don’t like to be transplanted! Can lose a lot of their time from shock if transplanting.

3 Likes

Holy cow what did I get my self in to?! Don’t think I can do that IE keep them in finishing pots. Maybe I need to rethink this…Maybe I’ll just grow a few fem…

So I talked with a auto grower, that’s all he grows. He claims it’s a good thing to transplant once up. He claims its normally the novice that fucks up a fem grow because that don’t have a lot of expierenced transplanting. I don’t have that problem, transplant away!

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about autoflower but i’m rooting for you!

1 Like

Don’t read the Internet when it comes to “how to grow auto flower.” fucked me all up! I went to my buddy the auto flower guy. Im listening to one guy from here on out…

3 Likes

Probably safer that way. Less stressful anyway.

2 Likes

@420weedsham is givin ya a great advice with autos, If ya wanted as bigger n productive as possible. My own experiencie sais he/she have all the right reason… N use the bigger pot ya can…

2 Likes

Well Mr. SLOGrown, I am glad that you have an “auto-flower” guy. All information passed from him through you will be beneficial to this forum. Because of the controversy with just feminized beans I wasn’t even going to mention my autos on here. Thanks for breaking the ice, lol. If your grow turns out good I will probably add another six to my Fantasmo. I can say one thing as to the desirability of autos: on the site where I found them, I had to subscribe to an “availability notification” to get the ones I have. All the best strains are always “out of stock”, and when you get the notification you better not procrastinate,lol…looking forward to following your progress.

2 Likes