Autoflower light leaks and harvest time

I’m getting into autoflower growing lately. I’ve run 6 autos so far and I’m very impressed with the ease and bud formation.

Are autos sensitive to light leaks during the dark period (6 hours)?

What’s the longest you’ve let an auto go? I have 2 that are at 80 days and look like they need 2 to 3 more weeks.

Thanks,
H.Bud

7 Likes

Light leaks are no issue in my experience… iv run several outside a tent… with all lights off except a fluorescent shop light without problem.

Longest for me was about 90 days…

7 Likes

If your going by amber trichs, iv heard and experienced lack of amber. If all cloudy without clear and zero amber… I’ll take it

5 Likes

Autoflowers won’t change sex with light leaks or random light schedules.
I have found in the past though if the light schedule is changed often that the plant grows weirdly.
This is a fastbuds zkittlez auto that was moved indoors and out randomly with different light schedules. Was a plant that I wasn’t that concerned about and figured “fuck it”.

15 Likes

Sixteen weeks, plus a few days. By then it looked mostly done.

90 days is my typical go-to timeframe.

7 Likes

I am loving the light leaks not being an issue and I have found out from the first 2 auto’s I think I will be putting them right into the 2or 3 gallon pot and not transplant because I know that it’s the reason I didn’t get a decent yield and flower structure and I agree with @GCBudz I just take them down when they’re cloudy very little if any amber on first Auto on 94 days but I definitely stunted it for a week transplanting but always learning Happy Auto Growing The Doc

4 Likes

I do autos at 24/0 sometimes. Proceed without caution. :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

I run autos on my balcony where there is 100% light pollution all night.

I usually treat them like crap but no issues from lights as far as I can tell.

5 Likes

IKEA is just trying to help?

3 Likes

Words to live by! :joy: :thinking:

2 Likes

Maximum volume yields maximum results. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

1 Like