Automobile fans on Overgrow

Today is emissions day for my little BMW project that’s been a long while in the making. Cross your fingers for me OG family!

Stay hazed
Jake

19 Likes

Good Luck @Blowingupjake! BMW? Huh!?

3 Likes

Yep, 1994 325ci. Tons of elbow grease and several parts later she is now registered to operate on the road! Clean bill of health.

You a car guy @MadScientist?

Stay hazed,
Jake

8 Likes

I had a stick M3 some time ago, and also a turbo beetle i geve my wife, and those two were really fast cars. The beamer cos of the engine, 4300cc and the Beetle was 2000cc Turbo… LOL

So yeah, i guess i like cars…

Nothing beats a classic tho.

2 Likes

Hell yeah friend. Nothing better than German engineered speed.

I’ve got my eye on a supercharger and cam setup that will have my little convertible keeping up with M3s. :grin: I’ve done several custom turbo setups and now am ready for the more refined power delivery of the supercharger.

Are there lots of BMWs in CR?

Stay hazed

3 Likes

I’ll post a pic of the 1965 Mustang that lives in my garage later… cause nothing does beat the classics!

4 Likes

Yes people love them here. I installed a K&N air intake and it would sound like a jet at 100MPH+, the police wouldn’t even bothered coming after me… LOL

But that was all before i had kids, now it’s all about them, so i drive a nice SUV to fit everyone in…

3 Likes

It sounds like you stole it from John Wick… RUN!!! LOL

Please post the pic yes!

3 Likes

I had a 84 Ford ranger pickup with a 2.3 4 banger all of 88 h.p. stock it had trouble pulling a fiberglass sailboat on the highway, I built another 2.3 for it using a 2.5 crankshaft and a roller camshaft I fit a turbo on it and added a 3 stage nitrous system it dynoed at 385 h.p. and 410 ft lbs. Without using the giggle gas a 4.11 Auburn locking differential it woul go 145 mph before the Rev limiter went off at 8500 rpm in fourth gear. That truck had a full sleeper treatment beat up on a whole lot of cars that had bigger motors

8 Likes

I had 80’s BMW E30 for some time but it wasn’t at best shape (and it was lacking self-locking differential :smiling_imp:) so I passed it to another fan…

Who didn’t drive E30 in Europe wouldn’t believe that traffic cops can stop you for “routine check” 5 times per week :fearful: Well some models will be probably associated with dealers and gangsters forever :.

7 Likes

People have those here too. And they fixed them up pretty good, but you are right they look gangsta! LOL

I had an E34 and E43 i think, if memory serves me well, but i gotta tell you, the beetle, that was a bullet!

1 Like

I don’t really care for glorified soup cans that much lol

6 Likes

Nice bike @JaxxMunster. I’m working on getting a 2001 Yamaha tw200 titled and I’ll be knees in the breeze with you :slight_smile:

So, who loves the new Jaguar/ Land Rover creations? Saw some new models last week at a Classic British Car show at a dealer in Colorado Springs.

My wife keeps wondering out loud how much longer she has to keep her Chrysler before she can get a Jag. Lol. Keep dreaming! I’d probably let it go and assist if she wanted a Rover.

Stay hazed,
Jake

3 Likes

Back in about 2008 i had this Beamer… M3! Just found this pics in Dropbox… LOL

3 Likes

Love that color @MadScientist!

Come back brother. You could fit your kids in a BMW 3 series wagon…

:smiling_imp:
Jake

2 Likes

Been thinking about it, and i love them, so just might. Right now, i gotta save for the Spannabis, cos’ i’m going…

You coming? @Blowingupjake

We’ll rent some badass ride!

2 Likes

When is it? remind me brother @MadScientist.
Need to know how long I have to save… financing many auto projects right now and saving for the 325i hot rod parts so it would take some sacrificing.

2 Likes

Nevermind. I followed your link. Lol.

Let me see here…

2 Likes

So far we got @LemonadeJoe @Herbie @MadScientist and anyone else is super welcome to tag along…

9-11 March, 2018.

2 Likes

I would love to see more companies in the heavy equipment end of automobile industry competing with tesla. This is a nice step.

Now if only CAT and Detroit Diesel would follow suit…

Optimistically hazed,
Jake

3 Likes