Autopots and soil

I’ve been looking at Autopots and don’t see a lot of info here . Has anyone used them with soil and how did it workout . Lots of info on Octopots but they are too costly to get in Canada .

1 Like

I looked, but I didn’t find a distributor here.
Most of the ‘bright ideas’ I had were ‘frowned on’ in the user manual too.

Cheers
G

Im not sure what you mean Gpaw . No problem finding Autopots where I live . I can order them with free shipping or buy them near by if they were open . Actually its cheaper online . I guess you haven’t used them ?

3 Likes

No, I got interested through reading @Jetdro and @Grohio threads on them but came up empty handed when I looked for local distys.
That, and I’m not in a position where I could switch over for a few months, so there wasn’t great urgency.

Where did you find them if I may ask?

Cheers
G

My error!
I’m confusing octopots and autopots…

Sorry
G

No problem . Same threads got me interested . If you mean where did I find Autopots . www.indoorgrowingcanada.com . Also Provision carries them in Ontario . I have a feeling though your after the Octopots and I don’t know of a Canadian distributor .

1 Like

Ive been checking out the autopots as well. They even have a autopot setup that uses fabric pots too.

2 Likes

I believe those recommend coco/perlite?

Coco wicks moisture fairly evenly and I believe that’s why it’s recommended, perhaps you could select a coco and perlite based soil? Or blend your own?

2 Likes

I saw that but at least where I was looking it was more costly for the fabric pots .

I looked at the auto pots the look interesting there’s a few moving parts that require some maintenance
I was able to get Octopots here in the US they are on sale now not to sure about shipping to Canada
Good luck

1 Like

Yes . Was hoping someone had tried some soil mixes in Autopots . I just started mixing and reusing soil . Still learning .