Autopots and soil

I’ve been looking at Autopots and don’t see a lot of info here . Has anyone used them with soil and how did it workout . Lots of info on Octopots but they are too costly to get in Canada .

1 Like

I looked, but I didn’t find a distributor here.
Most of the ‘bright ideas’ I had were ‘frowned on’ in the user manual too.

Cheers
G

Im not sure what you mean Gpaw . No problem finding Autopots where I live . I can order them with free shipping or buy them near by if they were open . Actually its cheaper online . I guess you haven’t used them ?

3 Likes

No, I got interested through reading @Jetdro and @Grohio threads on them but came up empty handed when I looked for local distys.
That, and I’m not in a position where I could switch over for a few months, so there wasn’t great urgency.

Where did you find them if I may ask?

Cheers
G

My error!
I’m confusing octopots and autopots…

Sorry
G

No problem . Same threads got me interested . If you mean where did I find Autopots . www.indoorgrowingcanada.com . Also Provision carries them in Ontario . I have a feeling though your after the Octopots and I don’t know of a Canadian distributor .

1 Like

Ive been checking out the autopots as well. They even have a autopot setup that uses fabric pots too.

2 Likes

I believe those recommend coco/perlite?

Coco wicks moisture fairly evenly and I believe that’s why it’s recommended, perhaps you could select a coco and perlite based soil? Or blend your own?

2 Likes

I saw that but at least where I was looking it was more costly for the fabric pots .

I looked at the auto pots the look interesting there’s a few moving parts that require some maintenance
I was able to get Octopots here in the US they are on sale now not to sure about shipping to Canada
Good luck

1 Like

Yes . Was hoping someone had tried some soil mixes in Autopots . I just started mixing and reusing soil . Still learning .

1 Like

Sunshine MIx #4 is good soil to use in auto and octo pots

I revive this thread for a question to the autopot users:

Do you ‘flush’ at the end of the cycle? In this case I consider flushing as to just give them pH adjusted water for the last two weeks.

Or is there a better method? Or is it even necessary?

I’m at the final stage of flowering, I already lowered the ec within the last refilling of the tank.

ThankS in advance for the input!

2 Likes

If your a believer of flushing, like I am then I would do so. Although the manual says it’s not necessary.

I just setup my new autopots in my 4x4, just recently turned on the reservoir. 3.9gallon XL model. I’m digging not bending my old ass over to hand water anymore!

What medium are you using? I went straight Roots Organic with no air domes.

3 Likes

I dont use Autopots, but I do use Octopots. I gradually reduce my nutrient strength in the last couple weeks of flower. I end up at maybe 25% of what I have been giving them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input so far guys!

I use soil with mikorrhiza, Bio-char, a little rockdust and perlite mixed in.

2 Likes

Im using promix hp. So all the nutrients come from the rez.

1 Like

For my next run I considered to use just lightmix with more perlite added and feed from the rez only. I’m still on a quest to find a brand of nutes, mainly because I have a problem with decision making :roll_eyes: :smile:

So you go as low as 25% and then you harvest? Or is the ‘last meal’ fort he ladies plain water?

My tank need to eb refilled on Saturday maybe already tomorrow. I thought about to just adjust pH, no nutes.

1 Like

No, always some nutrients.

2 Likes

Allright, I do it that way. My ec out of the tap is 0.3 when I keep it at 0.7 should be enough, isn’t it?

2 Likes