Axle grease, grease gun, tea tree smells?

I tried Dr Bronner’s tea tree “flavored” bar soap, it smells just like axle grease, or like, a grease gun, maybe anisse-ish, that’s a flavor i’m going to be looking for, it’s amazing

does tea tree smells like that? I’d love to hear if you guys seen this smell before on a plant, i’ve smoked something like it for sure but a background flavor, this tea tree soap is straight tractor grease, and i know weed just likes to put out any damn smell that exists so it has to exist

i know people have those types of keywords in their strain names but i’m looking for real opinions, thanks y’all tractor smell enthusiasts!

7 Likes

I’ve never seen it in person, but I hear mandlebrots oil spill may have some of what you’re after. His brother has emerald mountain seeds . It’s a 12 weeker iirc

1 Like

tea tree essential oil is a bright cool smell. with an icy pungency like wintergreen, and woody berry notes reminiscent of juniper.

ever try this stuff? tea berry gum.
that would show you what the smell and flavor was like if you were curious.

1 Like

sounds good too!

noway i hope i find some!

well… forget the tea tree then, it’s grease gun flavors i’m after!

1 Like

I’m looking for axle grease or motor oil weed too. I grew bodhi’s neirika seed trust china cangshan landrace. bodhi’s description for that one was “cantaloupe melon and motor oil. pure crankshaft.”

It’s a really nice landrace with a very unique smell and the high is amazing, but I didn’t get anything motor oil or axle grease.

It’s a great plant though. The smells I found are more like seaweed, dried cranberry, and cocoa. It’s bulletproof in tough outdoor conditions with amazing bud rot and mildew resistance. we have very rainy harvest seasons here, and I haven’t found a spec of mold.

I grew it 2 years in a row, I was able to save clones. It can’t flower indoors though.

I’m watching this thread, I hope you find something with those grease gun smells. I’m curious what you’ll come up with.

1 Like

oh yeah that happens to me all the time, fertilizer, conditions… but yeah that weed sounds great!

we’ll find the grease weed, it exists i’m sure

1 Like

Great topic! I have a Thai line I’ve crossed and the potential smells are incredible with some crosses. One smells like Taco Bell at rush hour. The other handful of crosses smelled like everything but the sweet spicy Thai it comes from.

1 Like

I’ve had anise-ish Durban poison crosses. Very nice.

1 Like

Tea tree and oil are very different in my opinion. Never gotten tea tree, but had a plant from Hazemans Chocolate Thai that smelled like burnt 90wt gear oil. The beans are still available, cheapish too.

1 Like

I get this smell out of a line I run called Hillbilly Skunk. Oooold transmission fluid. Automotive gravy I call it. Bodhi’s Appalachian Super Skunk x Dominion Afghan Skunk. Definitely not every plant but it’s in plants I like most.

4 Likes

oh yeah, was it good? like the smoke flavor was is greasy and good?

sounds good!

that one too, i feel like if i’d seen this one for sale i woulda grabbed it already

4 Likes

DM me your address and I’ll send you some!

I have a Thai x Gorilla Girl cross that stinks like gas. Not smells but stinks like gas. It’s very powerful weed but the stink is why it’s called Super Diesel. The Grandfather supplied the gas smell and this Thai is an amplifier. Because it smells stronger than it’s ancestors.

1 Like

Can’t honestly say I remember the taste. I remember bringing the bong up to my mouth and just getting a a nose full of the rank oil smell though haha. Was just foxtails on foxtails, had a really edgy high, my wife called it the “smoked crack” pheno.

2 Likes