Azad Kashmir Expansion

@DiggySoze Can i be added to the list for these? Or are they all gone?

2 Likes

@Jamescoldflame Iā€™d say it smells something like dark roasted coffee, ammonia, and burnt sugar.
Hmmmmā€¦
Thatā€™s not quite right.
Maybeā€¦
Chocolate ice cream at a racetrack?

@Kingkush312 Iā€™ll hit you up.

7 Likes

I used to cook all the peanuts for cracker Jackā€™s nothing like the smell of burning sugar I swear that smell makes you drowsy

3 Likes

If there are any left Iā€™d love to get on the list please.

2 Likes

Nice! Argo here

running a tent right now azad is the male in the middle crossing with sag skunk, mels punch, a couple of seeds from the first pack i got from barefrog ,a double strawberry deisel, a chem and finally L.A. confidential. Thanks for sharing.

14 Likes

Great frosty colors in there howā€™s the effectā€¦diggysoze

5 Likes

Itā€™s that productive type of high. I call it hiking weed.
Smoked a bowl this mornin of a little side bud, not really jar-dry yet but enough to smoke.

Itā€™s got a bit of a haze to it, but still clear-headed enough to get in the zone and run on autopilot, without making them stereotypical stoner mistakes that slow progress.

I love it! :thumbsup:

19 Likes

Them are some pretty beans nice and mature

2 Likes

https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/geneticlibrary/kashmir-pulwama-budgam/

Found a close relative. Ace just started offering some of their lines, three specifically from Kashmir, but not this one. ofc. lmfao. :grin::disappointed_relieved:

Their line says it tends towards brighter fruity flavors, candy and grapes and such, while mine seem to so far tend towards darker, more acrid fruits, rotten mangoes and chocolate cherries.

Dudeā€¦ Them colors tho!?

11 Likes

The Dark Funky flavors are fading with the cure. Kinda sad. Fruits and Bubblegum are emanating from the jar now. So thatā€™s a plus.

7 Likes

Are you organic with these, Diggy?

4 Likes

I canā€™t wait to pop these @DiggySoze Iā€™m ok with dark funky or fruity bubblegum lol
Iā€™m really hoping some cool September/October nights brings out that red color

3 Likes

~95%+
It probably wouldnā€™t pass OMRI, but I try to use a majority of food-grade ingredients, i.e. I shy away from manureā€™s, and tend towards raw mineral, plant, and select animal products like bone meals, and feather meals.

Iā€™ve got the ingredient list for my last batch of soil written down, It consists of ~approximately:
4 cu.ft. Coco Coir
1 cu.ft. Peat
4 cu.ft. Coarse Perlite
1 cu.ft. Live Barley, dried and shredded.
Negligible amount of high-velocity hippy bloodsplatter
1 gal Bio-char
1 gal Rotted Hardwood
1 gal Black Leaf mulch, from an old-growth forest
1 gal Cannabis mulch
1 gal Garlic skins
1 gal Coffee grounds
Clay from one mudwasps nest
5 lb Powdered Eggshell
5 lb Basalt
<5 lb Powdered Gypsum
5 lb Mother-of-Pearl Seashells, ground
Espoma Hollytone
A handful of Mimosa Hostilis root bark
Fresh Earthworm Castings +a couple worms
A ton of different seeds, lentils for boron, sunflower for phosphorus.

It produces plants with too much nitrogen tho, so in the next batch Iā€™d like to cut the coffee grounds in half, and maybe add a little extra rotted hardwood to help store the excess.

When these are all mixed sufficiently, I rehydrate it with various plant-based insecticides like garlic, rosemary, eucalyptus and whatnot. I know a lot of people consider it psuedoscience ā€“ because a lot of it is ā€“ but Iā€™ve got whitepapers on techniques like fumigation with pennyroyal, mechanically dessicating pests with diatomaceous earth, suffocating em with horticultural soaps. Hopefully creating an environment thatā€™s actively hostile to any detrimental organisms while the soil stabilizes.

_
To the plants I almost exclusively water with ~15ml/gal FPJ from defoliations. A little sprouted seed tea here or there. IPM, when I keep up with it, is a rotation of essential oils in a little horticultural soap. OMRI pesticides when the pest justifies it, like these fricken thrips this summer.

(p.s. I kinda exaggerated one thing. The blood may not have been ā€œhigh-velocityā€ by the traditional definitionā€¦ the rest is 100% accurate)

12 Likes

Dr Kriplings Dehli Freind looks very similar to the Kashmir, Itā€™s supposedly 100% indica but instead of the broad leaves it has thin, super saw like jagged leaves and a really unique smell and seems almost bulletproof.

5 Likes

Only a few hundred miles between the two, so itā€™s definitely possible.
Lineage on the Delhi Friend says ā€œindian x british indianā€ so knowing the British Empire thereā€™s an especially good chance it could have some Kashmiri Genetics in it. :grin:

4 Likes

I know right, how useless is that for description of the parent strains! About as useless as tits on a bull. :grin:

4 Likes

Hey diggy how you mulch that cannabis mulch whats ur process if you donā€™t mind sharing

3 Likes

I try to be closed-loop. In a perfect world Iā€™d dry and powder it all, store it like matcha, and water it in like maxicrop. In the real world, the various things I actually do are:

-Main stalks too big for scissors get shredded and tossed on top of some soil, too big for shredding and it gets burned.
-When dry buds go into jars the stalks and stems get broken down into little gambling pencil sizes / crayon sizes, and onto the ā€œpile.ā€
-Sun leaves that donā€™t get mixed 50:50 with sugar for FPJ, get air-dried just for a couple days and added.
-Any ethanol washed buds, are rewashed with one volume of water and dried before adding.
-Taproots would preferably be shredded like the wood, but a lot of times I leave it in the ground and after a couple weeks itā€™ll twist right out, no effort.

I think thatā€™s all. Mix it all up and top the soil with it, but it works better as a compost ingredient.

4 Likes

That ethanal residue good for your plants Diggy?
I donā€™t know thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a damn good question. If itā€™s denatured spirits from the hardware store definitely question what residuals might be in the material.

Iā€™m using drinkable ethanol, so contaminants donā€™t concern me, just leftover ABV. The water wash is such a large volume compared to the weight of the buds, somewhere around 30:1, I would imagine the final proof to be low enough to not cause any problems. But, I havenā€™t done the math so thatā€™s where the drying step comes in. After that, Iā€™m 100% confident thereā€™s not enough alcohol left to harm anything.

Iā€™ll document my next dab run and see if I canā€™t come up with some relatively accurate abv estimates.

1 Like