Baby Gorilla attacked by Bulldog! - damaged seedling :(

Just wondering how this plant will be? This is my very first grow. Only doing 4 plants since that’s the legal max where I am. My dog got into my grow room for a minute and knocked one small Gorilla Glue plant over. It had one cotelon leaf ripped off and the stem was badly bent. It still has the other cotelon leaf and the first two actual leaves starting on it. I replanted it deeper since it was a leggy one from a little lack of light at the beginning (fixed now) and the stem was bent near the root ball but hoping it will heal. I know the bigger plants are able to but this one is so young. The dirt is holding it straight so no issue there. Just that if it isn’t going to make it I would want to start another soon so they can all go into flower at the same time. Of course the dog had to pick out the only seed I actually paid for and only got three. My others are doing well. Some growing faster than others. One has the second set with the 3 fan leafs on it started even though the others were planted at the same time and they only have the first leaves? Water them all the same so just a healthier plant I guess? Oh, ya they are different strain so that probably makes a difference too! Just hoping it lives as I wanted to get seed from this grow. They are all Regular plants not Females. Really hoping to cross my Blue Dream with the Gorilla. Also have 1 lemon and 1 that I’m not sure of as it’s from a friend who had more than one type and mixed all his seeds together! He just threw them all in a mason jar! Old-school I guess? Lol!

7 Likes

As long as the stem is only bent, and the plant has some leaves remaining, it should
continue growing just fine.

Cannabis is amazingly resilient.

5 Likes

I’m on my first grow as well and had an accident. My stem was broke completely and sitting in an L shape. I used a bread tie and made a little lasso to hold the leaf up. Boom, fixed it by that evening it could hold it’s own.

6 Likes

Thanks, was a bit worried as I already promised one seed to someone and only had 3 originally so only one backup if this one doesn’t survive. I already had one not germinate on my Blue Dream so that sucked. Second is doing fine. One spare. I paid $15 bucks a seed so $45 + tax on the Gorilla. A bit high I think as I usually find some for $10 each but I couldn’t find the Gorilla so I grabbed a few.

4 Likes

Thanks, That is exactly how mine bent and just had one cotelon leaf ripped off. I wasn’t as worried about the leaf as there are enough others to get light but the stem bending that much scared me. Glad it should recover. Let me know if yours is keeping up to the others (If you had more planted at same time) or was growth stunted at all?

3 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Scorpio

4 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely smaller than the other 2 but it also is in a slightly smaller pot with less soil so that doesn’t help the case either.

3 Likes

Thanks! I hope to learn a lot here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, I have mine all in the same size pot but they are all different types, so hard to compare I think. It was one of the slower growing as it was. Second smallest of the four I am growing. I will post how it is doing over the next few days anyways. It is still nice and green at the moment.I watered it a little after replanting lower.

And the largest (Still small but all of them are! Lol!)

4 Likes

If you would like I can send you some spare seeds pm me

4 Likes

RSMH…that’s what OG is supposed to be about…well played, my man. Kudos to you!!!

2 Likes

I had a seedling last year get topped at birth by a insect. It had zero leaves and still came back. Also my 10 foot strawberry diesels broke in half and flowered held together with a pair of vice grips for 6 weeks! Give the baby a chance! She’ll probably make it!

2 Likes

You guys are right! :slight_smile: It seems to be doing ok. Must have healed itself cause some new leafs have started now. :muscle:

Gonna have fun trying to get this one to catch up to the others! I am trying to get some seeds out of this grow.

1 Like

Follow-up:

Closing…