Badge for completing a seed run

You should tag the mods now @Foreigner , good luck buddy :+1:

4 Likes

Hiya @moderators ! I hear there’s a seed run badge and I would be interested in acquiring one.

It’s all in my thread but it’s a long read. I really did do it. I swear.

Please and thank you.

All the best

12 Likes

@moderators , what @Foreigner said but for the Jalisco :mexico: Landrace run that was documented and distributed as part of the Spring 2023 co-op box.

Ta!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks buck and Joe :sunglasses:

All it took was 80 posts :golfing_man:‍♂

8 Likes

Thanks again for the recognition. Looking forward to another one soon😉

3 Likes

So… We are supposed to bug the @moderators??
Ok fine… here’s mine!

Cheers
G

9 Likes

When I got mine I had to wait for my seeds to reach Sebring before it was granted to me. When you click the badge it shows this.

When you click “a seed-run” it takes you to the breeders lab\ seed run co-op section.

So I think it needs to be a Co-op but I may be mistaken.

4 Likes

Which thread?

2 Likes

“Foreigner goes legal”

The action starts around post 2413

1 Like

Congratulations @Pigeonman ! :pray:

1 Like

2448 is a pretty good overview.

@Northern_Loki could you please clarify if a seed run has to be within the infrastructure of the Co-op?

Yes, that is my recollection for that particular badge. I’d have to find the original thread for that, I’ll look momentarily.

The co-op structure and participation expectations has changed the last couple of years. Today’s variant is much more structured as to how one participates. I’d say if an earlier run was distributed by the co-op team, it was part of a co-op, unless someone wants to naysay that.

Thanks. Can I presume the co-op folk helped to distribute your run?

2 Likes

Awww yeah!

:v:

thanks @moderators !!!

:hugs:

5 Likes

It was not part of the co-op. Perhaps I do not qualify.

Here is the original thread:

edit, oops wrong thread, still looking.

Well perhaps not to the letter of the law but “manually awarded badge for giving away seeds” sounds promising.

Either way, no big deal. If the rules are there then so be it :+1:

I looked through that, re: badge for giveaways, but I don’t think it was ever implemented … I do like ‘superspreader’ :laughing:

@LemonadeJoe

5 Likes

Lol, yeah, superspreader was a good one. That new badge was never implemented. The first sentence in that thread by LemonadeJoe says " We already have Overgrower badge for members completing a seed run co-op…" so that pretty much answers the Overgrower badge question.

4 Likes

Well that definitely applies to me but maybe not in terms of plants :joy:

If you’re going to make up a badge I’d enjoy “this is a badge that we made up for foreigner just so he would stop annoying us.”

I just went ohhh a badge it’s not going to damage my self esteem or anything.

5 Likes