Banquos Basement

Looking good! Trimming isn’t one of my strong points. Basically you just check on the everyday and trim the big stuff? Looking forward to seeing your process.

I bet it was easy to take the non-resinous leaves off, probably like a whopping two plain leaves on each plant :rofl:

Wait… What? Where did I go? It’s been over a month already, closer to 2 I suppose by this point. Let’s see… what have I been up to… Not much, honestly. I mean, I have, but you know, I also haven’t. Nothing too serious, and definitely nothing that could possibly be confused with actual progress. Except maybe the one thing I have going on, but I’m trying not to take it seriously and jinx the project.

To touch on old business first, and since it was right in my face when I skipped down to the last message here, I’ll talk about my super lazy easy way to trim up some dry buds. This technique happens after we remove the fan leaves with no resin and long stems. The stems don’t break or come off as easily as dry leaf material, so snip them off when possible. The tool I use is a silicone brush, like the one in your kitchen drawer, it’s probably red, and it probably gets used 2-3 times a year when you marinade something. Now, go to Walmart and spend $3 on a brand new one. Nobody wants to smoke bud that tastes like Italian dressing or whatever you last used that brush for, so just do it. Now that you have your tools and buds, start brushing. I hold my buds stem down and gently start at the top with the brush and pull down. You’re just brushing the spots with visible leafage, then moving on. Sometimes I even do a traditional trim with shears, then hit everything with the silicone brush to final clean it all before it goes into jars. A trim bin is necessary because resin heads will be flying, but overall I haven’t noticed too much loss. Obviously some of the outer heads are gonna break off, but everything inside the buds will still be there. One last thing I noticed with with method, I’m shaking my trim bin less after all the trim work is done. It seems like brushing the leaves off helps knock a lot of the trichomes off, or makes them come off with less shaking. I can’t take credit for coming up with this method. I saw someone on Reddit doing it in a video they posted. It was like 2 years ago, so no chance I remember where I saw it on Reddit, or who posted it. But credit must be given where credit is due, and this is the best I’m able to do in that way.

I’m not gonna go back and see where I was at last time I posted, plant wise. But briefly here’s what’s going as of now…

In the 2x4 I’ve got 3x fabric 5 gallon pots. Set timer to 12/12 on October 9th. In 1 pot I’ve got my Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze F2 x Dead Zone, aka “Hodag” F1. Other than pulling some branches down, she was left untrained. In pot 2 I’ve got a Lucky Charms IX, I think. I traded for this seed, so I can only assume it is what it’s supposed to be. I think this plant is half a mutant or something, I dunno. She’s done some weird stuff. I’ll take pics next time I have them out. She’s gonna make lots of resin, I think. Annnnd last up, I’ve got a Lipsmacker S1 that finally looks like she’s ready to try hard. I’ve had a heckuva time with this one, but I think I finally figured out what she wants and how she likes to live. Maybe. She’ll finish, I just worry about how badly I’ve stressed her up to this point

Over in the 2x2 I’ve got something I think is pretty neat. I love the idea of growing lots and lots of plants in very small containers. Not because I think it’ll yield well or something. I just like the idea of having tons of plants. Anyways, I’ve never ventured down that road because I can’t seem to keep solo cup plants healthy and happy. Not sure why, but I’ve always had rotten luck with them. This time seems to be going better. I let them all veg for a couple weeks, then flipped sometime around when I did the other tent. I started with 4 Jack Herer seeds, and 4 Triangle bag seeds. I culled the 2 most boring Triangle plants early on, and the 2 I kept are both female. 3 of the 4 Jack Herer are female, and the 1 was male. So I decided to make some seeds.

The source for the Jack Herer seeds was/is right here on OverGrow. I got them in trade through someone that ordered them from Sebring when he had them on the DIY Green Life site. Obviously I can’t be totally sure of their authenticity, but I’m willing to bet they are what they’re supposed to be. After smoking Jack Herer since forever, and then doing 2 weeks worth of reading on growing Jack Herer plants, I’m convinced they’re legit. Besides, I’m 99% sure 1 of the females I have is what’s known as the “cinnamon pheno” of Jack Herer, and she smells like Dr. Pepper soda. I’m so excited! She got the most pollen. The male was a pretty little guy, I think. He had some leaves with trichomes, and kicked a few out on his main stalk too. About half of his pollen sacs took on a very pretty dark lavender tone, and they were tight clusters that hugged the stalk. As far as smell goes, I wouldn’t say he stood out. Basically just about what you’d expect from a stem rub, fairly classic “pot smell” that wasn’t overpowering or especially greasy.

I went ahead and painted some pollen on both Triangle girls too, since there was enough left over. I did some research, and to my surprise nobody has done a “Triangle Jack” project yet, so it’s gotta be done. The name is a gimme. I almost did a branch on the Lipsmacker S1, just to name the seeds “Jack Smacker”, but decided against it. That name though… I’m calling dibs, just in case. I’m really watching these Triangle plants though, since they’re bag seeds. I hope they both behave. 1 of them is friggin massive, and if she makes seeds I’d really like to see them run outdoors. When I said “massive” I mean tall. From the soil she’s almost 16" or 17". By the time she finishes budding and bulking, I bet she’s over 18" tall. In a solo cup. Imagine if those roots had room to really get established. :flushed:

I dunno if I’ll post with any regularity for awhile. I’m still around, somewhat, I’m just not making as much noise right now. Y’all stay frosty :ice_cube:

7 Likes

Dang near 21" out the top of the cup. She’s gonna need support, no doubt in my mind. This is 1 of the 2 Triangle plants that came from bag seeds. The other girl isn’t small, but she’s not big like this one either.

It looks like all 5 plants got good pollen. I had them out yesterday so I could spray them down with water and get rid of the left over pollen. As I put them away I looked at the nodes I remembered painting with pollen, and they all had started turning orange, and shriveled up like singed hair. I’m glad I went with hitting all 3 of the Jack girls. They each have cool features that I’d want to preserve and keep available down the line. Since I’m not trying to make my own thing with these, and I’m just doing a preservation run, it felt like the best choice.

Teaser shot of my Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze F2 x Dead Zone, aka “Hodag” F1. I love the way her stacks look going up towards the top. Smells very Chemmy, so far, with lots of other little smells going on behind the Chem. I think I smell some orange/citrus, which would be cool af, but other than that it’s too hard for me to discern and label what I’m smelling on her. I’ll have her out for a water tonight and plan to see if I can take at least 1 decent picture of the whole plant. I gotta document this plant somewhere :man_facepalming:

Still looking for a grow-buddy to run Dr. Grinspoon together. If you’d be into it, let me know. I can ship the bean today or tomorrow, so we could potentially start this thing right away. It would be cool if the person who wants to get in on this knows how to clone, on the off chance 1 of these 2 seeds is holding the almost mythical “bead pheno”, cuts could be taken and shared/saved. There’s also an even more rare pheno of Dr. Grinspoon that yields more like a traditional “sativa” plant, but supposedly isn’t as trippy or potent.

Once I actually see a few seed-swollen bracts on these Jack girls I’ll start taking names. I’m making these for me, so there won’t be as many going out. If you’re interested in using them to make more, we can probably work something out. Do not sleep on these. I did, back when they first dropped, and it was a nightmare trying to score some in trade.

Happy Thursday y’all

6 Likes

Just wanna put it out there for y’all that follow along over here. Twisted Tree, my favorite auto breeder, just added Pure Michigan auto to their site. It isn’t actually available to buy yet, but should be in about 2 weeks. I dunno why they do it this way, but they always put it on the site 1-2 weeks prior to availability. I guess so people like me will see it and go tell everyone, probably. The listing will say it’s out of stock or whatever, but that’s just because it hasn’t actually dropped yet. Again, I dunno why they do it that way, but they do.

I’m gonna grab a pack and get 1 going right away. Don’t let the pics on the site scare you away. They take horrible pictures and just put them up on the site. They need pro help with pics, I swear. But their gear is fire, and I’m willing to put my name on anything they put out as top quality. Nobody’s perfect, but they’re damn close when it comes to this autoflower game. And the price is beyond fair. If you’re looking to get started with some quality autos, or maybe wanna get away from some of the mainstream breeders like Meph or the other guys, give TT a look. They’re a family farm out of SW Michigan. It’s just a couple people running the whole thing. Willow is the main person, and she’s super easy to talk to through email, and usually gets right back with you about order issues.

5 Likes

Hey Banquo!

Looking good there. The solo cups I’m sure are about the least-forgiving way to go, there’s no buffer for screw ups. I’d probably have lots of problems. They are looking very healthy! :+1:

Fun little Jack preservation run! I may get into that someday, the concept of small plants would be a big benefit when doing stuff like that because you have the capability of doing more selection without acres of plants. Is that part of the reason for solo cups? Or just the challenge you mention?

I’m planning on having a few autos next season outdoors, any strains in particular you recommend from Twisted Tree? I know I remember looking at them in the spring at some seedbank website, maybe it was something else. Newberry and Jimmy Jacks sound good.

3 Likes

You already get in on the solo cup challenge @Banquo . I think tomorrow is the deadline for sign ups. :+1:

3 Likes

I have not run any of their gear outdoors, or any gear for that matter, so I can’t recommend from experience. I know some people that have run their stuff outdoors and they all did as good or better than the other autos they had with them. A buddy of mine in Oklahoma ran Lost Elephant outdoors and had it do very well. I’ve seen people post on Reddit that had some killer Orange Bubblegum and Alien Moonrocks outdoors. I haven’t seen NewBerry Auto grown outdoors yet, but I’d think it would do very well given what I’ve seen from it indoors.

If it makes any difference at all for you, I know Twisted Tree does a huge amount of testing outdoors, right there on the farm. I would suggest shooting an email to Willow and just ask her what would do best outdoors. She will happily give you some recommendations, no doubt. They’re so friendly over there. I love those people like they’re my people.

I think I still have a few JimmyJacks from the original drop. If you’re absolutely set on that one, I can probably send you a seed to check out, like as an early Christmas present or whatever. You just gotta promise to at least DM me a pic, or @ me in a post if you make one, of how it looks right before chop. I haven’t grown any yet, so I’d love to see how it does from those that have. Just let me know :blush:

Edit to add: the solo cups were just necessity at the time. I wanted to be able to pop all 4 Jack Herer seeds that I had, and since I had 4 Triangle bag seeds, and knew I’d be keeping the Jack Herers in cups, I decided to add those to the mix and just keep an eye on them because of their origin. I wish I could say there’s some big science behind it, but there isn’t. Not in my case. Although you are on to something, and it’s a fascinating rabbit hole to jump into if you’re looking for an unusual topic to read up on in relation to cannabis cultivation. You can actually breed a strain to stay smaller by successive generations bred in small containers, or so I’ve read. Needs more investigation, I think :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!!! I saw this thread a day or so before you linked it, and thought about trying to get an auto seed to pop, or something, but ultimately decided to pass on this one. I’m certain there will be more in the future though, and you can bet dollars or donuts that I’ll be getting in on that, if I’m able to. I’m gonna nail down this small container growing thing, and maybe even find a strain that does well this way and possibly win something. Digital trophies and colorful ribbons emojis are my jam :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Shot them an email, we’ll see. Want two varieties with different effects - daytime and nightime picks. Lost Elephant looks good for daytime.

I very much appreciate the offer, but I’d rather support good breeders with cash. It has to be a tough industry. I’m sure I’d enjoy the seed trading aspect of OG here but I’ll probably wait until I can contribute some crosses or preservation runs of my own. Still very much an amateur “growing my wings” to fly. :rofl:

Wishing you the best on your quest for digital trophies with your future Solo endeavors, here’s a couple teasers :1st_place_medal: :trophy: :trophy:

2 Likes

Shooooooooot. Ain’t nothin to it but to do it. Chucking pollen is easy as heck. And if you don’t like the results enough to let them out into the community, your local bird population will appreciate the bumper crop of “exotic bird seed” you present to them. Honestly it’s the best way to gain experience mashing genetics together. You can learn and read about punnett squares all day long, but honestly it’s hard to make sense of it all without a physical representation of the idea. It was for me anyhow.

OMG I was laughing so hard I nearly cried :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze F2 x Dead Zone (CSI Humboldt) aka Hodag F1, measuring stick shot to give some scale to the other pics below.

Lower branches on both “sides” of the plant. In hindsight I might have taken the lollipopping a bit further out, since she stacked the ends so nicely.

Main top, side view and top down view. From the top to the first set of branches she’s about 13", and looking like she’s gonna pack it in all the way down to those branches.

Couple of random bud shots, with and without flash. That bottom picture is my favorite of the whole group. Something about the way the resin looks with everything around it being so dark and shaded.

These were taken today, which is day 31 since flipping to 12/12. I’m guessing, and it’s a wild guess at that, that she’s got another 40-45 days to go. The SSSDH I ran that didn’t get seeded all went to 70+ days, so I fully expect this girl to as well. Dead Zone is listed as an 8-9 week strain, I think, which isn’t far off from the SSSDH. I’ll be really happy if she’s ready by the end of the year, and elated if she’s hanging by Christmas. But I’m not gonna rush her either, since she looks like she’ll reward my patience if I let her go all the way.

I’m still getting lots of Chemmy goodness from her, but there’s so much tropical fruit smell mixed with it, it’s super complex. Makes me think she’s reaching back to her Super Silver Haze grandparent for her terpene profile, which is so so so exciting. I love the classics :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Saturday, Schmaturday. Time to get blaaaaaaaazed. Spent the past 2 days wigging tf out because we had to have someone come and fix something in the house. I gotta tell you, I’ve just about had it with this shit. Prohibition needs to end. I’m tired of worrying 16 months off of my life span every single time someone has to come in my house. I realize that the responsible, mature thing to do would be to stop growing until my situation or the laws change. But we all know that isn’t going to happen. Plus, I’m not gonna even attempt to explain to my wife why I’m giving or throwing away $5,000+ worth of seeds that I’ve accumulated over the past 2 years. Don’t really wanna have to justify that to myself, either.

Okay, that’s it on that. Let’s talk cannabis.

I was looking at the big plants yesterday, and I don’t think everything is :100: with the Lucky Charms IX. Some of her flowers look real suspect. I hope I don’t end up having to chop this plant to prevent herm pollen from getting all over everything. She already looks like she isn’t gonna yield anything over some popcorn buds, so I’m hoping she isn’t a total waste of time and resources. I at least need to be able to harvest some resin from her.

The Lipsmacker S1 is coming along. She looks like she will finish strong, which makes me happy. I was really unsure about her early on. She didn’t veg well, which could have been my fault. I waited too long to move up from solo cups, and probably let her soil dry out a little too much before moving from 1 to 5 gallon pots. She didn’t branch very strongly, but I also didn’t top her. Her new growth up top is very dark, and her leaf veins are a super dark reddish purple color on the underside. I clipped off a small leaf yesterday that had some trichomes on it and holy dang, she smells so so so good. All I could smell was Strawberry Bubbalicious bubble gum and nothing else. It literally made my mouth water. I’m a total sucker for some Strawberry terps. I’ll have to be careful if it holds over to cure so I don’t smoke it all right away.

Last but not least, in this tent, my baby, Hodag F1. Nothing much to talk about, really, since the pics I shared a couple days ago. She’s added some mass and maybe pushed out a few dozen new trichomes, but nothing too noticeable. I still think her main top is gonna end up being a solid, foot long bud-club. Each node has already grown up to the point where the next node begins, and they’re bulking up enough to eat the stem they’re growing out of. I’m super excited. I’ve never had a plant look this good, or show this much potential would be a better way to say it. I know it can still go VERY badly, VERY quickly. So I’m trying to just be mindful and pay attention when I’m doing anything with her. I’d hate to drop her or have her upper half catch on the tent flap when I move her to water. Something dumb. You know how it goes. I think she’ll be alright though, and I think she’s gonna be some killer smoke too.

Over in the seed making tent, like with the Hodag, nothing much changed from the other day. (This is why I stop posting for weeks at a time) Seeds have swollen up and bracts have popped open, but nothing has matured enough to start popping out testers, yet. It’s only been like maybe 2 weeks since pollen went on, so I figure at least 2-3 more weeks and I’ll be popping bracts to check color, hardness, striping, germination, etc. We’re about halfway there. :blush:

I think that’s about it, for today at least. What’s up in your tents? What do you people have going on right now? Will your current run be done by Christmas, or will we all be decorating fully budded out plants and sharing pics together in the community? That’s the world I’m living in. Can’t share it legit, so I’ll post some dorky pictures for my online friends. Oh hell, y’all are my ONLY friends, not just my online friends :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone. I’ll see about taking 1-2 pics of the Lipsmacker S1 and maybe some shots from the seed making tent. That super tall Triangle girl is a sight to behold. She might end up bending herself all the way over by the time she’s ready to come down. If she’s as loaded up with seeds as I think she is, that top bud is gonna weigh a ton, and she has NO branches to balance herself with :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

What state are you in, seems there’s been a big push in the last few years. I’m only on here because NM went legal 18 months ago. Federal rescheduling needs to happen so on some national level it doesn’t get treated as negatively. I don’t even care about legalization, just make it NOT ILLEGAL and scheduled worse than any other drug. Freedom my ass if we can’t grow some plants in the backyard, or basement. Is the overall environment in your state at least relaxing? Everybody here in NM stopped caring 10 years ago.

Pretty pics up there. Wish I had space to do some stuff indoors. Maybe I could manage a small tent but that wife situation would be a tough sell.

As for me, I’m planning my first seed-making run next season.

2 Likes

Me, Im growing some , NL5 (Dogshit) x chem bx2, some scotts og x afghan x too true, florida freeze, Supafly, all in the 8xl RDWC, plus did some Skelly HP chucking on. Few things like, a jacks h, a 88g13 hp, a TK, sour cross. All to come down 1st, 2nd week in December. So holiday harvest, smoking on the no cure for the New year. Vi shpuld have a January harvest too, trying to do better with this " perpetual grow" thing. Not having continuous harvest puts my home stash in jeopardy, just happened, smh. Yes home “visit”, repairmen etc, freak me out,veven though registered, I dont need Bob the builder " counting" my experiments, smh. Glad your past that. Thanks for update.
Hapi growing

3 Likes

I’m up in the northwoods of Wisconsin. Home of the Hodag. There are a couple states with laws more draconian that ours are over here, but no, on the whole I’d say it’s not relaxed and people care quite a bit. Madison is an exception, and they have decriminalized small amounts. But thats it. Our newly reelected governor released a statement after his “W” on Tuesday night, and the big takeaway was him saying “It’s time” in regards to cannabis legalization. So, at least at some point in the next 4 years, I do expect to see at least a medical program put into play. I can work with that, but like you said, I’d be happy with it being at least rescheduled and made less illegal than it currently is.

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaa! Whatcha thinking on making more of, or better yet, what’s on your radar for crossing? Are you gonna send out testers, or is it something you’re doing just to have a stash of beans made with stuff you really enjoy? Both types of projects can be tons of fun, so don’t feel like you’re being selfish if it’s a project just for you. That was my original intent with these Jack Herer girls, but you can read back over the last 5-6 posts and see how fast that changed :sweat_smile:

Maaaaan… I might be right there with ya. This Lipsmacker should, should, should finish up sometime around mid-December, and the Lucky Charms IX too, maybe. But my Hodag baby won’t be done yet, so that’ll wait for the new year. Maybe she’ll be done enough I can blow new gear for the new year, off rip. That’d be so cool. First strain of 2023 is something made by me. Well, me and the big growmie VAKish. I see he liked a recent post, but it’s too early for that @ stuff. Still feel blessed he shared that Dead Zone pollen with me :sunglasses:

Well, it’s official. The solo cup plants now need to be watered daily. The tall Triangle girl might even need 2x a day. She was so dried out yesterday, I almost panicked. Her 2 lowest leaves were getting crispy. I gotta watch her now because I’m worried she might throw nanners. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad I found those 4x seeds in that Triangle bud. But I probably won’t bother with bag seeds again if any drop in, unless they come from something that I absolutely can not live without. And even then, who knows how that seed was made. These Triangle girls might not even be that good. What if they aren’t self-seeds, and what if they came about from some bullshit industrial hemp pollen getting into the grow op? WTF then? Plus all this daily inspections for sideways shit is getting old. If they weren’t in cups and needing water every other day, the constant checking would be a massive inconvenience. So this might be a one and done thing, I dunno. I have 1 or 2 bag seeds for some Grapefruit Durban that tasted so so so good, but I might let those go. I dunno.

Next run is picked and should be soaking to start sometime in the next 2 weeks. I wanna wait to get them going until I know the 2x2 will be clearing out within a week of starting the seeds that got next. 2 of the 3 strains are still in transit from my amazing trade buddy out California way, but should arrive first part of this upcoming week. I wanted to take screen shots of all the info for each strain, like from the description on the site where you’d buy the seeds, but only 1 of the 3 has that info to take a picture of, so I guess not. 1 of the 2 on the way are Joker Juice by the homie RambosCousin from social media. I was in a Discord group for awhile, and he joined the group while he was in the final stages of making this cultivar. It was so cool to sit back and watch, and to see homie get so excited and happy when it worked out as good as it did. I’m stoked to finally give it a go. The 2nd thing going in next round is from a Tiki Madman and Clearwater Genetics collaboration, called Melon Ball. It’s Papaya X crossed with Devil Driver. Not much info out there other than a couple entries on Grow Diaries. It sounds delicious though, so I’m all for it. Last is the Orange Cookies x Nicole from Seedsman that I’ve been talking about for a minute. It wasn’t something I really thought about running until I saw a post someone made, somewhere, and it looked incredible. So I searched it up on Google and was surprised to see that it’s something that actually does really well for a lot of people, so decided to give it a shot in my next lineup.

I gotta go shovel snow in the driveway. WTF y’all. I know, I know. Its that time of year. Well, for some of us, it’s that time of year. But that doesn’t mean I gotta be happy about it right away. Maybe once I get a pile built up for the kids to play on, but right now it’s just an inconvenience. The pile we made last year was huge, so expectations have been set for this year’s pile already. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

LOL, guess I should have looked up Hodag, that’s quite a tale. “born from the ashes of cremated oxen” In your case, it looks like that’ll be a great cross. Those narrow leaves and stigma domes look fantastic. Frosty too.

The goverment is painfully slow to get anything done WE WANT. Of course, the rest of it, the parts that aren’t so fun, are timely. Hopefully there is some rescheduling that actually occurs and spite between the two halves of our fractured system doesn’t just prevent any progress there.

I really liked a “fast” Black Domina this season. It was done in Mid-August, which was a great time to harvest. It really stood out as a unique plant from that perspective. The smoke is decent but not my favorite. I want to make a fast, female bubblegum by reversing a FastBudz Original Bubblegum Auto and pollinating a Fleur Du Mal Indiana Bubblegum later in the season. It’s intended just for me, because it sounds like Bubblegum will be right up my alley, and early harvests are welcome, but if I get a bunch of seeds I’d share 'em without any hesitation. I mostly want to see if it works or not (will it start flowering before the photoperiod trigger levels of other plants). The BD I grew this summer started flowering mid June, after 9 weeks of veg. I’d really love to have something consistent and early enough to get harvests mid-September, which if this is predictable, may work out well. I’ll always be growing some other plants through November, but I’d like to distribute trim jail/dry cabinet workload better than this year. If I can have harvests mid-Sept, early-Oct, late-Oct/Nov that would be ideal - 2 weeks of dry in the cabinet for each harvest before I need to be clearing stuff to trim/cure.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the Triangle bagseed. Hopefully it’s great and worth the effort.

How do you pick what you’re going to run? What looks/sounds good? I feel like I’m getting interested more in older stuff than newer crosses. But then again, I don’t have a tent, so I’m looking for outdoor tolerant varieties. Maybe that narrows it for me.

I wish we’d just get snow here. It’s getting cold and windy and overall nasty, at least give me some snow to try sledding with the daughter. Of course, it’d definately be old by day 2. Cheers man! :snowman:

2 Likes

Just started flower
Cheers
Hapi

6 Likes

Hodag F1 about 40 days since flip

Lipsmacker S1 that’s probably going to see an attempt at re-vegging. I shoulda cloned her when she was in veg, but I didn’t. Now I gotta do some silly stuff to try and keep her around. Shout out to Rhino Buddy for the idea.

Lucky Charms IX. Not sure what happened here, other than “I fucked up”. Like I said before, I think she straight up rejected the lollipop training and did her own thing. Those nodes under the branch tops are basically worthless, beyond the resin they’re making. It’s all leaf, or dang near all leaf. I’ll still get a decent smoke from the branch tops, but that’s about all I’m expecting from her.

I’ll get some pictures and start preparing a final write up on each of the seeded plants in the 2x2. The 2 Triangle plants smell very similar, extremely earthy and a big slap of OG dank. But each of the 3 Jack Herer smells different, at this point, and their flower structure is all over the place. So, the more I think on it, the more I think I’m going to keep the seeds from each female separate, unless someone wants them mixed together, like for preservation runs or whatever. It’s getting close to time, I know it without checking the day count. I’m seeing fewer and fewer white seeds in the bracts, and more are getting obviously dark. I might even mess around and pop one out just to see whats up. :man_shrugging:

Found a possibly viable seed in some GMO. So it looks like I’m not THAT bothered by checking a plant for issues on a daily basis, despite what I said about the Triangle plants being a pain in the ass for the same reason. I mean, it IS GMO though, sooooo… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

What smells you getting off the lucky charms ix I got some f2 in veg right now stoked to see them in flower

3 Likes

I gotta say, she’s very subtle at first. Almost no smell without disturbing the plant in some way. I just had to squeeze a super larfy lower bud to really get a good sniff. She’s also very complex. There’s a lot of stuff going on. For sure does smell like her namesake, but not right away. Sniffing my fingers now I’m getting a “fruity” marshmallow smell, even without my fingers being close to my nose. Right off the plant though, I was getting citrus and floral, with the citrus leaning towards something like mandarin oranges or tangerines. The floral part was very green smelling, but not grassy green or hay green. Green like a lilac bush right before the flower buds set, or like a fully grown tulip tree. It was really unique, but faded fast.

She’s the first plant I’ve had in over a year with solid rails of trichomes running down her leaf blades. I’ll get some pics before harvest and try to show off her best features. Thanks for stopping by :blush:

3 Likes