BarefootAndBlazed 2024

Last year’s thread

2024 is here so it’s time to create a new thread!

Currently in my veg tent I have moms of Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) from JOTI, Saints Crossing and Lemon Wookie V2 from Bodhi, and Cavity Crush from @NugLifeFarms420

I have two Chem91 x Sour Bubble (from Tony Green’s Tortured Beans) girls that were just transplanted into Octopots. They’ll veg a few more weeks, then move into the flower tent.

The flower tent currently has two Saints Crossing girls that are a week or two from harvest. I took some macro pics yesterday. They’re FROSTY! but still mostly clear trichomes. Maybe they’ll need a few weeks…

Happy gardening in 2024 to everyone!

47 Likes

Lookin’ good in there …Happy New Year @BarefootAndBlazed !!

4 Likes

Right back at ya! I’m hopeful I’ll get back up to Canada at least once in 2024. I get an extra week’s vacation this summer after hitting a milestone at work, and my gf’s family lives in the GTA…

6 Likes

Barefoot and Blazed folks always welcome in Canuckistan! :grin:

4 Likes

Happy new year and rock on.

4 Likes

Very nice! Happy New Year @BarefootAndBlazed if you are in the Niagara vicinity when in the Great White North hmu, seriously be glad to show ya around and get you high AF!

1 Like

That’s a great offer! We’ll see if I’m able to take you up on it. We’ll mostly be near Port Credit-Mississauga but could end up close to Niagara.

Here are some full plant shots of the Saints Crossing. The purple one on the right is very berry. The other has a minty thing going on with a touch of vomit??!?!? That smell appeared recently and I hope it fades in the cure!

20 Likes

Checking trichomes at day 62 and there is a lack of amber despite the plants ‘looking done’.
I’m not giving them any more nutes - just pHed water in the reservoir.

In other news, the two Chem91 x Sour Bubble (from Tony Green’s Tortured Beans) in the veg tent just started drinking from the rez. I’ll need to get the cloner running again so when I top them I can turn those into moms.

17 Likes

We finally have amber! I believe I’ll chop on Sunday which will be 10 weeks of flower.

16 Likes

I dried one of the Saints Crossing plants indoors in a 2x4 tent during the lowest humidity of the year. My garden room was 25%rh but with a humidifier running 24/7 it almost got to 40% :flushed:. As an experiment I dried the other plant in the “John Deere room” which is minimally insulated. Outdoor temps stayed above freezing at night and approached 50°F during the day. It made a huge difference!!! The indoor plant dried in only 4-5 days. After a week, the stems on the “cold dry” were just starting have a little snap to them. Final results: the larger plant (I’m calling it the “Berry pheno” due to Blueberry characteristics) is more dry than I’d like but it yielded 11.6oz. The other (“Frosty pheno”) was dried well but only produced 9.8oz. It is caked in trichomes - moreso than any plant I’ve ever grown. Early samples are potent! I can’t wait to test it after the cure!!!

I have two Chem91 x Sour Bubble plants (from Tony Green’s Tortured Beans) in flower. They just received their two week ‘haircut’ this weekend and I got them set in the tomato cages. I’m running the larger branches outside the corner posts and trimmed back leaves so the smaller branches on the inside will produce some nice flowers.

15 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to reading what you think of the Saint’s Crossing smoke. Stevie Wonder is one of my all-time favorites, Bodhi or not.

And I didn’t even grow it! Haha, just had access to it for a few weeks and then it was gone… Great smoke, though.

3 Likes

Is it the Lemon Wookie or Lemon Wookie V2 that you like so much?

4 Likes

The V2 is the only one I’ve grown. That uses the Lemon G mom. The original Lemon Wookie uses Lemon Diesel.

I’m keeping a mom of her, one of Cavity Crush, and multiple phenos of Pure Blueberry (Jordan of the Islands’ Blueberry Muffin Edition), Saints Crossing, and Chem91 x Sour Bubble.

I forgot to mention that my third Saints Crossing plant that I had been holding for a friend has FINALLY found it’s way to her new home. I planted the seed in September, but an array of delays (medical emergency, “the holidays”, an international trip) prevented me from handing it over until recently. I’m so pleased with the two I grew that I’m psyched to see what becomes of the third one. I do have a rooted clone of her, but my next round of plants will likely be the two Blueberry phenos and Cavity Crush. I need to not have so many moms, so this run will help me decide which are worthy.

5 Likes

This is my smoke for the evening: another early taste of Saints Crossing (frosty pheno)

9 Likes

That’s what I was hoping! Have a pack of the Lemon Wookie V2 on the way!

2 Likes

I’m loving the Saints Crossing smoke! It is extremely potent. I find myself up and doing things, enjoying the tunes, forgetting what I was doing, sitting down, getting up again, maybe having a snack, etc.

I brushed against the Chem91 x Sour Bubble and it is full on bubblegum smells. The past week it has been a Chemdog reek when I open the tent (or pull into my garage). It will be interesting to see how they turn out in the end.

I road tripped to Lawrence, KS last weekend to see the funk band Lettuce. We got the gang together again with folks flying in from as far away as Vermont. It was a super fun time, a great show, and I made a nice audio recording which you can stream here.

16 Likes

Wick-based watering system? Capacity looks to be pretty good - 3 or 4 gallons. Just curious!

2 Likes

Those are Octopots. https://www.octopot.com/

It’s an 18" square reservoir that holds 6 gallons of solution, and a 6 gallon fabric bag for soil - though I folded mine down a bit - with a netcup to allow the roots to grow down into the rez. A lot of folks here have had a lot of success with them. I love them for how easy they are to run and the huge harvests they produce.

5 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! I like simple solutions and this one fits the bill. I currently have a 1 gallon wick system in place, so something like the Octopots are exactly how I like to do things.

1 Like

I’m all about simple! Minimal effort, maximum result :rofl: I like that there are no moving parts and it requires no electricity. I’ve left the tent unattended for five days at a time and never had an issue. You can also set up a larger reservoir and connect your Octopots together for an even longer unsupervised break - but I prefer to keep it simple.

4 Likes