Barnsley Jack & Friends

Hi guys been a while but yeah 20 years growing this year 😅

I grew a lot of 0t1s stuff back in the day as well as all sorts of other things ugorg and then a lot of heath robinsons stuff.
And I have tried pretty much all styles of growing along the way, from organic soil to d.i.y rdwc heath Robinson style, vertical bare bulb,my to l.e.d

I have also bread a couple of different strain , black ‘n’ blues , uk tropical and uk47.
I don’t have any seeds as I lost my collection during a house move , absolutely gutted but that’s just the way it is lol .

Anyway I’m here to document my grow and share the knowledge I have learnt over the past 20 years.

Recent years iv been growing a lot of the new American genetics like in house genetics seeds n then these so called elite clones and a lot of perfect tree seeds stuff.

But my overall opinion on these genetics is most of them carnt for me. The gene pool is very muddeled at the moment and just doesn’t do it for me like the old uk skunks did , livers, barnsley jack, ssh, cheese are the sorts that really stick with you for a life time.

I am currently in the middle of giving my grow room a full revamp so for now there in a temporary home.

Temporary veg space:-
Secret jarden preparation tent
4" rvk outtake with fan speed controller
Oil rad plugged into thermostat

temperature 25-28c humidity 60%

Hand fed (for now)
2L & 7.5L pots
canna coco
Growers arc coco a&b and root tonic
E.C 1.0 P.H 6.0

Strains

Barnsley Jack
(gifted to me from a great guy thats on here I’m sure hell make his self known if he wants to)

UGORG Killer skunk
Hoping for some real old school skunk with thi
I’ll get some updates pics tonight so u can see the progress.

Tempa

26 Likes

Welcome back to Overgrow!
Damn, four years lol.

Best of luck with the new grow.
There’s alot of friendly folks around here that’ll lend a hand if needed. Myself included.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thses pics are from 2 week ago will updatesome new ones soon

14 Likes

Few pics from today to bring us up to date :fire::maple_leaf:

tempa

15 Likes

Congrats, bro. :boom:

4 Likes

Ugorg and Growers Ark. Go on our shag! Going back to GA myself. Best and easiest feed I’ve used in coco. I’ll stick a follow on,

(@JAWS might be interested in this one)

5 Likes

Back to the oldschool lad
Growers arc is so easy mate , i mix the nutes up and the ph is 6.0 everytime so i dont even bother with ph down when using

3 Likes

Yeah I found the same. Little to no adjustment necessary. Produced my best plants by far. Been trying all sorts just to save a couple of quid. Proper false economy. Not only that, when I’ve contacted GA they’ve been great help. I should have never messed about. Anyroad, good luck with the grow, I’ll keep popping in :+1:

3 Likes

subbied this one for-sure, lets see how it goes.

very cool …

7 Likes

my ugorg work from the male side so far.

ALIEN GORG {F1-V1} TESTED
ALIEN GORG {F1-V2} TESTED
ALIEN GORG {F1-V3}
APPALACHIA GORGE {F1}
BANANA GORG {F1}
BED-ROCK GORG {F1}
BLUE GORG {F1} TESTED
BUBBLEGUM {09/F2} GORG
CHEM GORG {F1-V1}
CHEM GORG {F1-V2} TESTING
CHEM GORG {F1-V4}
CHEM GORG {F1-V5}
CHEM GORG {F1-V6}
CHIMERA GORG {F1} HERM
DANK GORG {F1}
EXODUS GORG {F1} TESTED
GARY PAYTON GORG {F1}
GMO GORG {F1-V1}
GMO GORG {F1-V2}
GRAPEFRUIT GORG {F1} TESTED
IMPURE GORG {F1}
LOST GORG {F1} TESTED
MANDARIN GORG {F1}
MONKEY GORG {F1}
PURPLE GORG {F1}
STARDAWG GORG {F1-V1} TESTING
STARDAWG GORG {F1-V2}
TRAINWRECK GORG {F1} TESTED
TRIANGLE GORG {F1}
UK GORG {F1} TESTING

got some ugorg f2 going now and will begin some hybrids from the female side in this run.

peace …

8 Likes

The GMO and Triangle sound :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Subbed … I’m from the uk myself in a similar sort it or situation. 25 years growing eco just starting again after a lay off … one of best cuts I ever ran was heaths chiesel …
used to love my livers , blue meanie and phychosis and physio berry , can’t find that blueberry skunky funk anywhere now .

Good luck with the grow!

3 Likes

Nice 1 for locking in mate , looks like youve been busy with the ugorg lol , lovely strain iv grow most of ugorgs offerings over the years … and a few of yours as well.

4 Likes

Barnsley Jack is the sister plant to the legendary Livers aka blues/Sheffield blues. They are thought to be skunk #1 , there is a story about it being a sk#1 x NL or b52 x Shiva skunk , but who knows . What I do no is, 2 guys that owned a grow shop in sheffield went to meet mr livers to obtain the plants. When the guys went to the meet, 1 guy went in and came out with 2 mother plants that are in my opinion , 2 separate phenos ,they are very similar but so different as well smell, flowering time the lot …anyway . With instructions from mr livers , not to call the plants livers as it was giving him a bad name and getting him ontop. Not long after this the 2 growshop partners went separate ways. 1 stayed in the sheffield and 1 opened a hydro shop in Barnsley. The sheffield guy kept 1 mother and passed the cuttings out as livers.The barnsley guy passed cuttings of the other mother out as Jack, the only reason it was call Jack is because Jackherrer had just won the cannabis cup, it is not related to jackherrer!

This information is what I believe to be true and I have put it together from info posted online posted on various forums and talking to a guy from the local area but mainly posts by goldensyrup !

5 Likes

@Tempa tbh buddy the only person I’ve ever heard talk about a ‘barnsley jack’ in the last 10 years is the guy you mentioned and now yourself. I would take anything and everything he says with a massive pinch of salt. Not just because he’s an absolute fantasist but this particular story he’s telling, is older than he is. Good luck with it buddy, if you say she’s a winner then I have no doubt that she is :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We will soon see mate but i have no reason to not believe him. I had heard in the local area as im a local lad there was some jack about again and went looking for the cut mate, asked about n looked online … not goin to lie iv looked for it over 10 year thought it was gone .
Ill definitely know if it is jack thats is a fact.

2 Likes

N the reason i think that story makes most sense is , i used to buy the jack from a guy that worked in the shop, n in sheff the had whats they called the kriss cross cut and then i met a asain guy who would only buy livers and he used to get us the livers cuts to make sure it was the one. This was 2004-2010ish id say.
So i know a few people that where involved in the game back then not just gsyp

1 Like

Grew nearly all your strains over the years, psychosister being one of my favs , blues and blues 2 , infact all of them theyve all been top shelf imho

3 Likes

Day 21 from putting seeds and coco in coco

temperature 25-28c humidity 60%
Hand fed (for now)
2L & 7.5L pots
canna coco
Growers arc coco a&b and root tonic
Spayed with plant magic evo spray
E.C 1.1 P.H 6.0

4 Likes