Batten down the hatches

Helene, It’s gonna be bad - stay safe everyone!

14 Likes

It’s a big storm and there is lots of heat in the gulf to fuel her, been reading about that for months.
A whole lot of wind & water is coming ashore tomorrow.
florida

4 Likes

Ryan Hall, Y’All has already said he will be streaming tomorrow doing weather coverage

Here’s his channel. There will be a link to the stream tomorrow when it’s live
https://m.youtube.com/@RyanHallYall

“Be prepared, not scared.”

5 Likes

We are prepared and a little scared. Inside the cone of uncertainty waiting . . . waiting . . .

It’s going to be a long night.

3 Likes

I saw footage of Ft. Meyers yesterday afternoon just from the surge before the storm. That place can’t get a fucking break!

:sob:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah man, this storm has been bad
Like, “no one alive has ever seen a storm of this magnitude hit this area”-type bad

What’s crazy is Ft Myers / FM Beach weren’t even in the direct path that had it worst :frowning_face:

Still a lot more news to come as the flooding etc continues

Parts of TN, GA, NC, SC are in rough shape from the intense rain & wind

Stay safe out there, OGs
Places can be rebuilt, but people cannot be replaced

3 Likes

i recall when erin that hit pensacola almost 30 years ago. i had a buddy that made bank working after andrew ran through homestead a couple of years before and we bought a camper and went down to work. then opal followed the path almost exactly. i spent two years down there working on the beach. what i recall the most was that the wind wasn’t near as bad as the storm surge on the east side of it. i will never forget everyone just coming out when the eye passed over checking on one another.

4 Likes

The old saying is “Hide from the wind. Run from the sea.”
Helene made some small moves to the east Thursday afternoon. That move was away from our house but still too close. Just before landfall it zig zagged a bit farther east. Mo’ better still. We lost power around 11P Thursday. Around 1:30A the heaviest winds started. By sunrise Friday the storm was well across the GA line. Power was restored last night. No damage from big trees dropping pieces and parts. Much clutter to pick up back that will not be happening today. I’m beat.

5 Likes

Not to make light of it but I always try to watch the storm chasers whenever there’s a big hurricane coming so I was watching all the other night during the lead up and landfall. At one point I was watching a street that was flooding and then out of nowhere the storm chasers randomly noticed a guy just swimming around down the street. He wasn’t drowning or in trouble, just going for a little late night swim in the road by himself. When they first noticed him the one guy goes “What in the Florida?.. Guys, we’ve got Florida Man things happening right now…”

3 Likes

During the lead up I saw a FL traffic cam show a Cybertruck driving down a flooded street :man_facepalming: Those things rust in the rain, imagine what’s going to happen to it from this

3 Likes

Whenever Jim Cantore shows up you know it’s going to be bad. He was in Tallahassee.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like