Beacher - current grow and future

hrmmmm…well! We’re off to an auspicious start.
I’m a germ theory of disease guy myself. taps his head and points at @beacher You already know what I’m thinkin’ about the whole deal. We had long discussions!

5 Likes

@vernal’s got a PM spore dartboard & voodoo doll set, huh… :laughing: :dart:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Ya it is totally relentless. I think there must be strains of it like spotted mites vs regular.

I know some big commercial grows have started focusing more on genetic resistance instead of trying to fight it. Some strains are WAY more vulnerable to it than others.

4 Likes

Mind if i stick around? Id like to watch both strains grow. Im testing the Gumrilla for @Kakalak.

4 Likes

Hell ya, I’ve been keeping an eye on all these tester grows I think that old bubblegum is going to make some magic

3 Likes

Can you keep those temps above the middle 70’s F ? IIRC pm needs temps in the 60’s

keep the temp up at least in the grow area

6 Likes

Ya in the rooms it hovers around mid 60s-mid 70s with lights off. I can try and reroute some HVAC down there…I wonder which bedroom I should steal a duct from lol, but we keep the thermostat at 69 anyways

4 Likes

Yep, that is what I would do…even 80s is better than 60s

Best of luck @beacher

5 Likes

could use a space heater…one of the electric powered oil radiators are pretty safe. And set the temp as best you can. just above 75 F and should be good.

Might need more than one depending how large your space is and how low the temps go.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Costway-700-Watt-Portable-Mini-Electric-Oil-Filled-Radiator-Heater-Space-Heater-Safe-Room-ComforTemp-EP22917/311912436

If they have a safety to shut off if turned over they are pretty safe

6 Likes

If Deano approves it has to be great!

4 Likes

This is so very, very true. I have been really fortunate here in Nor-Cal that the RH is pretty stable around 50% most of the time.

Fighting an invisible enemy, well I think we can all get on board with how annoying THAT is. UGH.

Good luck my friend, and hey, if a few leaves get mold, as long as you can harvest some of it, better than zero. BUT - I totally get the deflated feeling that comes along with any issues. No matter how hard we try to take care of plants, they seem to really just have a life all unto themselves. :v: :peace_symbol: :v:

5 Likes

And they will cook you till you gotta go outside. Ive had a cple, and they really work. It takes a min to warm the oil, but when it gets hot, its hot

4 Likes

A few days later and they’re all up :+1: The 3 on the right are Maui Wowie and the 6 on the left are Gummy Trail

20 Likes

The babies are about 18 days from sprouting now (i think lol) and loving life so far. The 3 on the left are the Maui Wowie and 6 on the right are Gummy Trail.

They’re all pretty consistent. The Gummy Trails are mostly leaning towards a bushy shape and the MW are looking like they’ll be a bit lankier.

This Gummy Trail has 3 leaves at each node…pretty cool I had a GSC like that once also.

They’re still in my little box upstairs as I havent got around to fogging my basement yet. I might just veg them up here and toss them downstairs when I flower them.

19 Likes

They are looking nice and healthy so I would keep them up stairs until they are big enough. They might be better at defending themselves from the PM if bigger.

5 Likes

For sure they’ll be toughened up alot by the time they hit the basement.

3 Likes

Hope you will finally get rid of that PM, those beauties :kissing_heart: have a brilliant future ahead … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Ladies are coming along nicely with no issues so far. They’re all about 28 days from sprouting now and I still have them in my little makeshift box under ~100W of household LEDs.

The Gummy Trails are really nice and easy plants. They love nutes aand stay really short and BUSHY. They smell very strongly for veg, about as stanky as any veg plants I’ve ever had. Super thick strong stalks that aren’t hollow.

Gummy Trail group shot…they’re really consistent heightwise

#4 trifoliate pheno…SUPER BUSHY

The Maui Wowies pretty problem free as well, but maybe a bit more finicky. They seem to also have no complaints about the nutes, but seem sensitive to watering schedules. The #3 pheno is always a bit saggy whether its wet, bone dry, or in between. Its also freakishly tall already, I think I’ll have to keep a close eye on it flowering.

15 Likes

I cloned them all last night and they’re all chilling together in my tiny box. Today I’m moving the seed mothers into 1 galls of coco and down under a 400MH in the basement.

I fogged my basement using ‘Microban’ a couple days ago. Hopefully it will kill or drastically reduce the PM spore count. If not anything else it smells nice and fresh down there lol

I used this sweet fogger a friend lent me that looks like an elephant :elephant:

17 Likes

Now that the basement is fogged I added the MERV 13 filter to my intake vents. I just went with 1 layer ziptied over the duct, it didn’t seem to affect airflow much at all.

I transplanted everything into 1 galls and moved them into the basement under the 400MH. The 3 on the left are Maui Wowies and the 6 on the right are Gummy Trails

22 Likes