Beacher - current grow and future

The information is incorrect. I’m not sure who made that crap up.

2 Likes

Ya most info sources are at least about contradictory, including the academic ones I’ve read. Similar to most things in modern science we seem to be missing a very important piece of the information.

3 Likes

One never knows … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

Farmer’s almanac

That Maui is really a monster :scream:, I am afraid to grow it now … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

SIGH
There are so many real articles out now, how does misinformation like that keep spreading? It’s like copypasta.

2 Likes

You said it, copypasta. Like 90% of ‘informational’ websites now exist solely to get hits and show ads. When the people go to make these sites they just grab information from somewhere else and paraphrase it so you end up with the same garbage everywhere.

Then people see that misinformation on ten different sites and in their heads that gives it credibility and it somehow becomes the accepted truth. This happens in medicine ALL the time through different mechanisms.

@George the other Maui wowie is the same height as the gummy trails (bottom right corner) so there are definitely shorter phenos. My third feminized seed turned out male so keep an eye for that too!

5 Likes

Full blown male? I am growing the MWCB right now.

1 Like

Yessir, I’m not sure what happened there. I kept a mother (father lol) just in case I want to breed it with something, but not sure if that would be a good idea considering.

2 Likes

I will keep an eye out. Thank you.

1 Like

Interesting about the PM topic. When I first got into growing and started doing research there was really a lot of spread out information on the same topics. Outside of " optimal environment regarding vpd " . Makes it hard to pinpoint shit. Now that the laws are changing progress is being made of course but those articles will always be there and of course people believe what they want.

2 Likes

what I do, when it comes to something like the powdery mildew research, is perform my own lab tests. Anyone can spew out a claim with no evidence to back it up. I had read it all including the articles that said you can never get rid of it. Gathered up all the claims under one roof, then started picking them off. The solution I am looking for is no more than the complete extinction of the parasite involved, be it powdery mildew or spider mites. You have to take each claim, and generate a true/false out of it. If it cannot be tested in that fashion - then it’s default is false. I’m talking simple shit right. Take the snippet from the almanac there “it requires fairly high relative humidity to spread” so… in fact you don’t even really know their claim it’s not specific and lacks details - so it’s probably bullshit. OK so you got a case of the powdery mildew. Control the humidity make it really dry. I can tell you at 35% RH mildew rips through your crops. Now that’s a claim with specifics.

1 Like

It says on the document it affects plants in Shadey areas. Well that’s me fucked then :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Ya you’re just asking for it there lol

I definitely believe VPD might play a factor. I think the biggest issue in my basement is

1. it was infested before I got here, probably due to a trumpet vine just outside that was covered with it and tons of organic material down there that got wet repeatedly over years…a perfect bed for spores to chill on and wait lol. Hopefully the fogging killed all or most of what was lingering down there

2. Temp and humidity swings. They’re not drastic but it can be a few degrees warmer or cooler down there on the daily, the humidity rises and falls with the amount of rain we have (groundwater runs through channels in the basement to the sump). Even when ‘wet’ humidity stays low, like it’s 42 now and theres water, it was 35 when dry last week.

Unfortunately I can’t do much about the environmental aspects beyond what I already have. I’d need to dig up the foundation and seal it etc and that shits never gonna happen. If it comes back in a bad way I’ll just shut down.

Wall of baked text there, sorry…orange goji :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My question is, what would it take to convince you that your plants aren’t infected? Or that humidity has nothing to do with it?

3 Likes

Uhh probably them not having powdery mildew lol. I’m not sure what answer you’re looking for here…

3 Likes

for sure, but I’m wondering when you will decide there is no powdery mildew and that it’s not coming back.

2 Likes

Probably never at this house lol. If this round finishes ok I’ll select a mother or two and do another in the same box. Then I’ll start slowly introducing more plants down there in the veg room, and if that goes ok I’ll fire my second flowering room up.

The second room is way more prone to pm for whatever reason, so if I get a clean round off there I’ll be pretty confident.

4 Likes

ok sounds good!

2 Likes

Unless you know something I don’t? If you have any info I’m missing spill the beans!

1 Like

While you’re busy firing up your second grow room could you please choose a color for your ride.

8 Likes

yah back in the day when I hadn’t seen it for 4 weeks I knew it was finally over. That shit grows quick when there is an infection.

2 Likes