Behind the smoke and mirrors

Mods please excuse the placement of this post, I was unsure of the correct area.

Just going through some good reads and would like to share it with people. I take no claim to anything, just passing good things along! Happy weekend all! :pray::seedling::green_heart:

BEHIND THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS: REFLECTIONS
ON IMPROVING CANNABIS PRODUCTION AND
INVESTIGATING MEDICAL POTENTIAL

9 Likes

Great post! Thank you very much. :grin:

1 Like

@Magu My pleasure, quite a bit to go through but very informative!

1 Like

Very informative and accessible studies with some actionable intel. Thanks for sharing that link.

Here are two tidbits I gleaned:

> Based on the results of this study, we recommend providing plants with a nutrient solution containing N and P at approximately 194 and 59 mg L–1, respectively, to achieve maximal inflorescence yield.

Meaning a flowering nute ratio of 3.3 parts Nitrogen to 1 part Phosphorus was optimal, and variations in potassium concentration didn’t matter much.

And this:

> Our results showed that spraying whole plants with STS once is more efficient than the application of STS on shoot tips

Damn Skippy, I’ve been doin that wrong!

Good post,
-Grouchy

8 Likes

Which paper was this in. I did it wrong but want to read this paper first as the reversal went good,

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

@G-paS
Page 164 of the available PDF I believe is what you may be interested in?

Production of Feminized Seeds of
High CBD Cannabis sativa L. by
Manipulation of Sex Expression and
Its Application to Breeding

:pray:

3 Likes

I was being a little snarky there.
I’ve done it both ways and I think what the paper is expressing is that “maximizing” the production of male flowers you should spray the entire plant. @LoveDaAutos has shown that just dabbing selected nodes with a paintbrush of STS works fine for selective pollination.

That makes sense and also agrees with experience.

-Grouchy

2 Likes

I use homemade colliodal silver. Only the part I spray will produce male flowers. Sometimes I do the whole plant or specific branches depending on how many seeds I want.

1 Like

I soaked mine and then it was recommended I just do the new shoots. I also saw a tutorial saying not to over do the silver. I am just learning and have only done the one run. Starting a second shortly.

2 Likes