Benefits of giving plants Coconut Water

I’ve been giving my girls a treat of coconut water each watering. I really didn’t understand why but one of my mentors, who’s name escapes me, said plants like it so I did it. There is so much more to it and it’s very beneficial. Check it out. One Love

:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

I like it for the cytokinins increasing secondary branching, or with egg nog, scotch, and a splash of congac. :joy: :wink:

8 Likes

There you go! Bourbon and branch water is what my grandma called it. She enjoyed one, always only one, after dinner only. Never on Sunday. :cowboy_hat_face: she was called Mommoo!

6 Likes

Yeah it has pretty much everything a seed needs to grow into a plant. Remember, that coconut is a giant seed. :+1::seedling:

10 Likes

So @ReikoX, sounds like I should be soaking seeds with it for germ. Yes?
Peace/Love

5 Likes

No wonder Gilligan acted so goofy, and always screwed up the rescues! … He was stoned! Lots of coconuts on that Island. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well hell. I guess everyone already knew that shit but me! Hahahahaha! Just trying to contribute but old and high as usual. Thanks for the comments anyway.:rofl:

Peace/Love

7 Likes

Nope. Never had any idea but now I do. Thanks​:pray:t2::smiley:

2 Likes

Neither did I … Thanks for the info oleskool :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe we should start a thread about alternative food for the plants.

Something like poor man’s best alternatives to super-duper expensive 90% water content nutrients (damn that’s some expensive water :joy:)

Or the alternative growing sups…

Just a thought

7 Likes

I think thats a wonderful idea…

5 Likes

Cheapest organic coconut water in Canada is from dollarama. I use it once a week, high in potassium and calcium.

6 Likes

Might have to check that out. Thanks

2 Likes

What I’d like to know is, what the heck is coconut water? We feed one of our dogs MCT oil (Coconut oil) which helps with her arthritis. Would Coconut water be what I know as Coconut milk, ie: the milky substance from the core of the nut? Sounds pretty darned expensive supplement. If it’s anything like MCT oil, best be careful or you’ll end up with fat plants.

2 Likes

hey Shadey! How do you dilute it?

2 Likes

I buy mine at a local supermarket @ £1.89p a litre ,i only used it when re-using my soil and maybe just once in mid-bloom … I don’t think that’s too expensive at all.
Happy growing,
Gaz

4 Likes

Daft question I’m sure but just occurred to me that if you’re buying cartons of cocoa water - it’s been pasteurized which means heating it 82 or 84 degrees celsius? Would that not kill off most of the essential nutrients making it at least less beneficial than untreated coco water? And the “organic” moniker doesn’t mean completely organic. That term is thrown around very loosely. A lot of supposedly organic products can be labelled organic if some “organic” practices are followed.

Apologies in advance. Don’t want to rub anyone up the wrong way. I totally get coco water is full of potassium et other goodness. Anyone used it to crack seeds with positive results or noticed higher germination rates or seeds with Popeye biceps or anything like that?.

Namaste.

4 Likes

I use half a 520 mil can in 5 gals of water.

This stuff sells for twice as much elsewhere, $1.25 at dollarama. Just says natural, nothing about pastureisation. Nothing added. I don’t think it’s pasturized as it will go mouldy in the can past its sell bye date, I have had a couple I have left on the shelf that stayed at the back, and didn’t get used in rotation, come out stinky and mouldy. I might check them out on the net and see if I can find out more.

Seems to work ok doesn’t cause any problems, I add Labs to it as well to boost the bacteria count sometimes.

8 Likes

:green_heart: Awesome!:green_heart:

Ive used Sprouted Seeds T made from PopCorn kennels, that are also very high in Cytokinins…

4 Likes

I did the same with alfalfa sprouts, until I started using it as a cover crop. Now I hardly have to worry about N deficiency, unless I have a monster in stretch. I keep meaning to look for organic corn kernels to germinate.

1 Like