Best everyday inexpensive breeder seed deals

So this topic is intended as a positive counterbalance to the overpriced seeds thread, which I think was necessary (MFs be gouging) but also sometimes negative? Let’s roast seed sellers with contempt for their customers over there: the folks who chuck pollen, don’t test progeny, and want buku prices as if they were doing the work to deserve it. I do want to separate the real breeders from that, people who put in the work and make information available about it, and then ask a fair $100 or even more for their more stable, proven lines. Garbage in, garbage out as the old saying goes, but there’s plenty of seeds out there that are quality genetics at basement prices, and I want to give props to the breeders who give fair weight for the dollar. I’m talking $1-2 per seed here for good stuff, not that paying more is bad (my personal limit is around $5/seed for the everyday, $10 max).

For me, I would say that on here @Tonygreen and @vernal have given me generously scooped tubes in my purchases from them, at good prices to start with.

@Baudelaire has excellent Fleur Du Mai semi-mystery mixes at $1/seed when you buy two packs with the code $1SEED, there’s Cinderella Mix, Bubblegum, OG, Durban, and Ortega Breeder Mixes to choose from. I’ve grown a bunch of these and they’ve been reliably good, often great, with excellent germ rates and vigor.

42 Likes

Shabud just started selling direct through the 707 website and has bulk seeds for $100/100, looks awesome to split with a friend or two:

https://707seedbank.com/shop/bulk-seeds/

21 Likes

Is CC processing up yet at shabud’s site? I don’t think you can actually buy anything yet, but should be any day now.

5 Likes

Not yet but I’m priming the pump here baby

5 Likes

Bodhi Omakase 4 packs for 90 shipped. That’s 1.70 per seed if they’re hooked up with 13 seeds like some of the packs are.

9 Likes

Floyd at Hoku Seed Company has great prices and generous tubes, I ordered a big pack of CBG seeds a while ago and he really hooked it up. Super nice guy great alternative cannabinoid work he’s doing, way more influential than people realize behind the scenes with genetics IMO.

10 Likes

https://www.staefli.com/product-category/bulk-seeds/

Staefli does about $5 a seed in bulk.

ancient OG f3 1 left. Sometimes they have a 40% off and it is significantly cheaper but it may be gone by the time the next big sale hits.

6 Likes

Hard to find good cheap seeds nowadays, but some people in this very place offer great stuff. I’m into the northern scene at the moment. Derg corra, bald monkeys, and some others on seedheaven might have heard of :wink:

5 Likes

Alter Ego offers fire at discount prices.The only one around doing preservations of Classics seeds (RIP)

2 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard you can get 12 seed packs of @JAWS from @Great_lakes_Genetics for $50. BOGO. GLG kicks in a 10 pack freebie. $10 shipping. That’s $1.76 a bean.

9 Likes

Yes, my orders at GLG often work out to $1-3/seed after breeder and Bad Dawg freebies, love that guy he’s a real one.

I forgot to post these examples of good Hoku prices, these are pretty standard for some of his lines, others are more but still reasonable:

3 Likes

Alter Ego is great, definitely slept on as a preservationist

4 Likes

Let’s not forget OG’s own @JohnnyPotseed , great genetics at a great price and a true gentleman. :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Thnx for the kind words, brother! If you haven’t checked on my sponsored Hall thread lately. lol I’ve recently been obtaining GEN 1 clones of GEN 0 mothers, grown from tissue cultures, of top old school strains, and some newer. They’ll be making beans, crosses, and rooted clones in 2024.
https://overgrow.com/t/johnny-potseeds-hall-of-genetics/

24 Likes

I’ll put in a good word for Ground Up Genes

Very generous with his in-house stuff. I’d say an average of $2 or less per seed.

3 Likes

and as a bonus JP’s beans are only $20 for 10 beans

But wait a minute…
you get Free S&H on all packs of seeds

That’s only…

Thinking about math

That’s right $2 per bean

15 Likes

During my monthly BOGO, they’re $1.00 or even less! lol

13 Likes

Are any of your cuttings included in the BOGO sale?

4 Likes

Naw brother, sorry. But the cuttings and also now, the rooted clones… are separate.

@Maddawg I DO offer discounts on purchases of more than one strain, however.

9 Likes

Sounds right !

I was wondering how you were going to make any $ if you did it on cuts and clones…

You know I will be ordering again soon :call_me_hand:

I would be drop’n :hearts: but sadly… I only have to wait 13 hours

6 Likes