Best grow tents in 2024?

Hello peoples,

Has anyone got any recommendations or cautions?

What are the best and why?

1 Like

6 Likes

My gorilla tent zipper fell apart after one grow. I’m using blackout curtains as a workaround.

I love my acinfinity tent. Zippers feel like butter.

4 Likes

I run two 3x3 mars tents. One 5x5 mars tent. They have held up for years. My 5x5 is getting its first run. I run another one a 4x8, pictured below. I’ve done 15 plus runs no issues. Bought it because I dint want to wait for gorilla to restock. Glad I did.

6 Likes

4x8 ultra Yield is the best because it’s got 4 plus years no issues.

3 Likes

I’ve bought multiple vivosun tents as they were what would work with my height restrictions and the issues are the same everytime. Pin hole light leaks on the corner stitching, bad zipper seals leaking light, and just overall poor quality compared to other brands I’ve tried like marshydro and ac infinity. Out of the bunch I’d reccommend ac infinity. Those tents are really well built and I haven’t found anything to gripe about except the window flap isn’t removable and they don’t have anything to hold it in place so you can look in without having to hold it but that’s really minor details

3 Likes

I also just bought an AC Infinity tent 2x4 tent on 4/20 sale.

1 Like

I’ve been running a Secret Jardin 4 x 4 for 8 years… Rock solid tent, zipper is as good as the day I got it.
I work a little candle wax into the teeth a couple times a year, just to keep it lubricated.
Also have an AC Infinity 3 x 3, another good tent.

For folks with pinhole light leaks, have a look at:

It stays flexible, sticks well. Basically one and done for me.

Cheers
G

12 Likes

I bought a 4x4 gorrila and hated it at first, but ended up loving it. Wife absolutely hates it - having a little 5.5ft tall 3x3 behind a room sperator screen thing is a lot different from a 4x4 that just about touches the ceiling and menances over a whole corner.

Really cool to have the soace, tho - especially the verticality.

2 Likes

does yours not have velcro on the window?

5 Likes

@Streckles it probably does I just don’t like that window design

2 Likes

fair enough =)

1 Like

I’ve been considering an ambient homebox, anyone tried those?

It’s white on the outside but is supposed to be light proof.

3 Likes

What is this supposed to mean? The homebox won’t be light proof?
Isn’t homebox / homelab a decent brand?

I grow all kinds of vegetables etc., don’t really want anything that has ‘Tommy Chong’ and cannabis leaves all over it.

Why do grow tent engineers fail to realise growers desire the least possibility for light leaks possible. I hate these unneccesary windows.

3 Likes

Same, give me one with no windows. If I’m looking I’m going in

2 Likes

The Tommy Chong one was just a joke. Although I do have the same Gorilla 2x4 (non tommy version).

I would suggest you to look up homebox light leak reddit on google and see what the results come up with. Also it is dumb to have the outside white as any leaks would not be mostly absorbed but reflected. So the entire thing would be based on no light leaks. If there are light leaks then that’s now a problem instead of a feature. Strange how they’re the only company with white tents.

I’m limited to the attic roof style. A 4x4 Vivosun was my only option at the time. It’s been fine. I have a Vivo 3x3 too that’s fine. The 2x2 is ACInfinity. A little nicer.

Yup, with the vivosun tents if you put any sort of carbon filter in the tent the suction exposes many pinhole light leaks on all the seems and can even separate like stiching on a cheap tshirt, i had to run strips of an old tent i cut up and glued to the inside seem so i would not get light leaks by doubling uo material on the inside, stuck with hot glue, it worked but was a massive headache. could have been a dud but pretty useless as a flower tent, its my veg tent now.

1 Like