Best LED for flowering 3' x 3' area

I got the 240 watt model from hygrow and I believe it was 230.48 USD. I also seen he was offering some sales on FB really good small family business that stands behind the product. And doing it for a good cause.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Check this out…

2 Likes

Looks like that would be a great light for veg… Maybe pile them up and try it for flower?

My buddy just put the same 1 in his garage and Holy fuck is it bright!

2 Likes

I was on the same path as you. Hunting for the perfect light for a 3x3. After weeks of research I ended up settling on a 2x4 instead. This was because almost all the leds that would be of appropriate power for the 3x3 did not have the correct “footprint” (or they were vastly under, or over powered)

I use a spiderfarmer sf2000 in the 2x4 and it is working well. I am about to harvest my first crop with this setup and am impressed so far

3 Likes

I looked at the sf2000. I went with the HLG 300L Rspec. I think it will serve my purpose. I have both a 3’ x 3’ flood table and a, roughly 2’ x 3’ table. So if it’s not enough for the 3’ x 3’ I’ll switch to the other. Actually the 2’ x 3’ might be better anyways. It has a lid with holes for the net pots. The 3’ x 3’ is just an open flood table.

1 Like

I’m finding it to be the same. Maybe an SF4000 but dim it down? I feel pretty set on a 3x3 cause I have a particular idea I want to try with it. Would allow me to have heavier harvests while keeping the plant count down.

I see a potential business opportunity here haha… “Tired of those rectangular grow lights in your square tents? Look no further, we got ya covered. Go to wemakesquarelights.com” lol…

2 Likes

I have the Spider Farmer SF4000 in my 4x4 on a light mover and it works well. I also have the SF200 in my veg tent.

3 Likes

Good choice the 300l Rspec will do you right.

I’m looking at these and seriously wondering if you could grow under them, at least as a veg light. Definitely cheaper then these horticulture panels that are also made in China. There’s lots of different styles and brands of these type of lights. Keep an extra laying around in case one dies on you.

My Phototrons have T5’s and I use them for vegging & budding…

4 Likes

Now you’ve got my gears turning lol.

I’m browsing these garage light panels and all of them are in the 6000K spectrum range, perfect for vegging. I can’t find any warm ones in the 2300K range that would be more suited to flowering though.

To tell you the truth I don’t know what spectrums the T5’s are that came with my Phototrons… All I know is it does a great job of vegging & flowering…here’s a picture of 1 whole plant that was vegged & flowered by the T5’s that came with the Phototrons…I got a little over 3.5 oz. on a 3ft. plant…

6 Likes

I have ones similar to thous above.i have two in a 20x30x30 in cab and had to raise them up bc it dropped way off when looking at luxs half way down. I’m also just doin autos my second round looks like will be a alright yield for second shot. Lol defiantly want to build a light for It thou.

On sale $15 at Menards this week bromigos…

Rural King

1 Like

Hi there, not an expert but did some research before setting up my 3x3 with LED. I am in UK and Lumatek are now producing a selection of LED lights. The Attis 300 is filling my space nicely and comes with dimmer to go through the complete cycle. Cost £350- approx.
This technology is improving on a weekly basis and competition and the ‘growth’ industry should bring down the price…good luck.

I went with the HLG 300L Rspec and so far it’s looking pretty good. The plants I’m currently flowering were started under a 315 CMH. I replaced that with the HLG 300L Rspec and so far they’re looking great. It will be awhile before I know if I made the right decision. I need to get a vent fan set up in the tent. I just unzip a couple of the openings at lights on and close them up at lights off. My goal was to be able to leave it unattended so my wife and I could do a little traveling without having to worry about it heating up. That looks very doable with the LED.

4 Likes