Best LED Light for Beginners?

I have my own thoughts and personal experience with LEDs but I would like to ask every one, what do you think about LED lights, and more specifically, what ones do you think are the BEST for BEGINNERS.

4 Likes

Now there’s a lot of variables in your question to take into consideration. There’s not particularly a “best LED” for any skill level.

Let’s look at the things to take into consideration.

Size of the space

Budget

Ability to DIY
And we will go from there

8 Likes

Also
Where in the world you are
What sort of general plants you want to grow (sativa/indica)
How big your power budget is
How hot/cold it gets over the summer/winter cycle

4 Likes

:mega: WE HEAR YOU DUDE! :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

Ok so … I think everyone missed the point of my question … here is an example … of my thoughts on the related question… I would like to think that from what I have studied as well as from what I have dealt with first hand, that I have a solid grasp on the understanding of how a cannabis plant grows and what it needs as far as lighting is concerned in order to achieve its full potential. So what LED Light do " I" think is the best for beginners … I think from all of the lights I have tested, the best LED light for a beginner is the S13000K from Matristar. The reason I think this is one of, if not the best lights for beginners, is the simple fact that it is a plug and play, VEG to FLOWER, FULL CYCLE LIGHT, that allows you start small, and grow from there. Not to mention the fact that for its size, 150 Watts (at its lowest setting), it has AMAZING PAR VALUES. NOT to mention, perhaps one of its coolest features, is the fact that its “WATER PROOF”. There are soo many different features and reasons on why I would personally recommend this light for beginners that I cant even think of them all right now … its not the fact that I don’t know where to begin, but clearly I don’t know where to end …

And it’s at this very specific point in time. I see your one pip and raise you (lost count of my pips) to say that I presume youre a seller looking for sales. Someone Chuck this in the I call bullshit thread :roll_eyes::gun:

5 Likes

Definitely sounds like a shill to me also :+1:

3 Likes

Ya, this kinda seems like an ad to me too lol. How about this, what do you think is the second and third best light for a beginner? Sounds like you’ve tried alot, there must be some other favorites.

Also, if this light is so awesome why is it the best for a beginner, but not for…you know…everyone else?

4 Likes

A beginner?

4 Likes

To be fair he did say whats the best light for beginners, and that he’s tried a bunch, so more of a general question. And the instagram does say NO SALES. I will (half) reserve judgement lol

2 Likes

So we’re going for someone that got close to a seller cos they got free stuff. And now they’re trying to punt it anyway.

Anyone got a McLaren f1 I can test? I’d be a good candidate cos I watched formula one one time at band camp :joy:

7 Likes

:bulb: We do! :laughing: :joy:

4 Likes

So, I would like to clear up all of this for you guys/gals - I have NOTHING FOR SALE and I DO NOT SELL anything at all ever - I recently started testing and reviewing LEDS - ALL I get in return is to keep the light - When I am saying I like the light I am just offering my opinion - It does not benefit me in any way - S13000 was one of the lights I tested - I thought it was a cool light because it is cheap in cost and it is water proof and I thought that was a neat feature - I thought it was a better light for beginners more than for pros because more pro growers would want the ability to have more control over the spectrums - I have been growing cannabis for 25 years - I never said I was a beginner grower - I asked the question to get other peoples thoughts and only posted my own as an example - If a friend was new to growing and wanted to start, what LED would you recommend and why -

1 Like

You know what they say about those who assume … But no man Im reallllly not I legit was wondering what others think.

2 Likes

budget is the basic determinant.

poor folks like me use screw-in/replacement bulb; if i had spare loot i’d try out the solstrips but would like a 315cmh too. :innocent:

4 Likes

I believe screw in led bulbs are great for beginners. They are cheap and you can customize the spectrum however you like and for whatever dimensions you need. They give very little heat and easily lets you get close to (or even reach) the 1 gpw, which is great. They rally make CFL growing obsolete.

4 Likes

I believe ‘begginers’ ,newbies ,hobby growers and right up to professional mega growers - that we should ALL be given advice on the BEST lights for growing, period.!!
As lighting is the single most important buy for indoor growing/growers and should be able to use high end lights too …
I mean “What’s a ‘begginer light’ / if you buy cheap you end up having to replace more often etc.
Gaz

6 Likes

HLG 65. Great veg light and can be used to flower as well if you have a small tent or space. It doesnt get very hot and so it wont affect the temps in your growing space very much at all. If down the road your itching for an upgrade, the grower can still use it and its still top notch for what it does. But I guess only good for a 2’x2’ space I think.

4 Likes
  • You could always use it as supplemental lighting in a bigger tent that might need some extra PAR on the outer edges. I have noticed most LED designs are very PAR heavy at the centers, but not so much at the edges. Having 1000 PAR in the center of your tent is great, but if you only have 500 PAR at the edges, that is when I think lights like this can find a home in your mid level and even in your more pro level, grow set ups.
5 Likes

I want a 630 cmh myself…The hlg 100v2 looks very interesting…I’m still oldschool…hps/Mh, T5…peace…Hawk

2 Likes