Best medium/method for environmental management

Current grows got me reconsidering methods because well humidity because humidity lol. Obviously living soil is not the way to go at scale it’s taking an air conditioner, 2 dehumidifiers (50pint/day and 70pint/day) and an 8 in exhaust fan at max ducted outdoors to keep things in check with a full 8x4 tent. So I’m gonna change it up next flowering cycle or 2

What’s gonna put the least amount of moisture back in the air?

5 Likes

I keep hearing fabric pots are bad for humidity and I do notice my plastic one gallon starting pots need watered just as frequently as the five gallon fabric pots.

I’m tempted to just pot my next plant right into the plastic tote in which I’ve already mixed the soil. Otherwise I will need to dump all the soil into my fabric pots, and then dump all the pots back into the tote at the end of the cycle.

Maybe plastic covers over the medium as seen on earthboxes would resolve the humidity issue?

3 Likes

Smaller plants and bottom feed

4 Likes

Smaller plants works very well to keep rh down
But I like big plants
First increase air circulation add more fans

I find when I run a scrog net the humidity is out of control !

So I stated mainlining my plants . there’s less vegetation in the tent which means less humidity ! And I harvest approximately the same amount .
I run Octopots ,each one has a 5 gallon reservoir so there always water in my tent !
It’s been 100 degrees Fahrenheit and only 55 % to 65% rh .
No more issues except if it storms for days in the hot summer !

Paps

2 Likes

So you want power and gas mileage? :wink:

2 Likes

Humidity is solved for now this run (second dehumidifier) l, I’m just looking to the future, running 2 dehumidifiers in the flower room and soon one in the drying room is gonna add to the bill, I want to get to where I just need the one dehumidifier in the flower room :sweat_smile: at least until I expand it again in a couple harvests.

1 Like

Kinda considering hydro again, either flood tables or rdwc(fallponic)

Either way that’s another grand to spend 🫤

So still thinking, and sip is an option but I worry about efficiency/steering does the lack of dryback in sip inhibit generative growth?