Best Outdoor Growing Reading?

Hey All!

Anyone got some recs on reading about growing outdoors? Specifically I’m looking for no-till, organic, or biodynamic information. I’ve sit out a couple of seasons and now the games totally changed (kinda)! Any help is appreciated!

3 Likes

Hey @42ndUpChuck.

Got a compost pile?

Need a biggie!

Got seeds?

2 Likes

hey brother, use the search button and type in those keywords, there’s been lots of discussions on them and lots of information about growing outdoors

2 Likes

very true. Will look.

Read Soma’s book, was interesting, good. Will comb through the info on the site!

1 Like

yes check out @lotus710 thread “The Hippies Garden” too he’s all about notill, also you can search KNF (korean natural farming) LAB and those other acronyms, there’s threads showing how to make biochar, ferments, compost, or also try browsing the organic? category.

im not sure if anyone mentioned somas book in this thread yet, i don’t recall seeing it anyway

2 Likes

i have a bunch of threads on notill and natural farming using ferments, glycerin tinctures, teas and topdresses. can be used indoor or out. also check out jeff lowenfels teaming with microbes, nutrients, and fungi. one straw revolution by masanobu fukuoka. and check out the notill threads over at grasscity. search up clackamas coot also!

4 Likes

Teaming with Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis is an interesting read on the microscopic processes that are involved in organic gardening. More of a theory book than practical info, but the second part is meant to be about how to apply the theory to your gardening (I haven’t gotten to the second part yet lol)

4 Likes

Easy, start a massive compost pile.

3 Likes

There are A LOT of them out there and only some are worthwhile. At the moment I can’t rattle off a list because i’d rather pass out & have a nap :laughing: but my advice is read as many as you can…see if your public library has a program where they exchange with other libraries-- i’ve done this in CA/USA and have access to ed rosenthal, jorge cervantes, etc. and plenty of soil stuff too.

:nerd: :smoking: :zzz:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Yep, Soma’s book is eye opening.
I would also recommend True Living Organics: The Ultimate Guide to Growing All-Natural Marijuana Indoors by The Rev.

I haven’t read through the whole thing, but it is a comprehensive read so far.

1 Like

On YouTube watch scishow : the earths internet. Interesting video about how mycorrhizae in the soil works for forests. I thought it was really cool and informative. If a grower could tap into the system they describe it could help with many typical problems growers have. I have Ed Rosenthals book. I only bought it because I wanted to see if what I had learned on forums and small grows held up to the science. It was all pretty much solid just with the book I had accessible information available any time. There is one place I would suggest reading but it’s on a different website. The name of the thread was massive outdoor grow. It’s as epic as the name suggests. I suggest anyone that has a plant outdoors should read it. It changed my view of growing. It shows what can be done with very little if you wanna really walk the walk. I felt like it was inspiring too because normally you wouldn’t ever speak to a person like this about it in person. It was like the magician giving away all the tricks. But in this case it was like the bank giving away the money if your brave enough to try and take it

2 Likes

welcome. :sunglasses:

check thse out while you can:

third link is all about mycorhyzal network of forests & whatnont.

:thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Not exactly sure why I’m posting this on an outdoor thread but here’s the pdf if you want it

1 Like

:sunglasses:
I have it but thank you, I’m sure another Overgrower can use it.

1 Like