Best strain for schizophrenia?

First of all I would like to start by saying hello, first time poster, found your amazing forum and registered just a few days ago.
Second, I want to ask for your help with picking a suitable strain for me. I’m a first time grower(in fact I’ve never seen a grown marijuana plant before, just very bad, way to expensive for their quality, buds), so I need a strain that’s easy to grow. Last, but maybe most important, I’m schizophrenic, so I’m really fighting depression, paranoia, sometimes anxiety, but most of all I would kill for a good 8-hour sleep without being forced to buy and smoke the chemical weed I’m buying here, in Rome, where I live.
I was thinking about White Widow, it’s the best known strain here, in Europe, and from what I’ve read it’s easy to grow, keeps paranoia and anxiety away and overall a great smoke.
What do you guys think?

7 Likes

Stay away from some of these sativa’s for sure.
Some Indy’s can also be a bit high spirited.
Be real tough on a schizophrenic person.

I’m still searching for my sleep remedy after all these years, just when you think you found something, it’s not.

3 Likes

Hi @patru.douazeci and welcome.

Generally, no hallucinogen is recommended for those who are diagnosed on a schizophrenia spectrum, as they can trigger an episode. Some who are on mood stabilizers or antipsychotics manage to enjoy cannabis, but this is certainly off-label statistically speaking.

Having said that, if you already know your tolerances and have experience with the substance, I would recommend the heaviest indica you can find, and to run it way longer to actually minimize the psychoactive effects. White Widow may do, so will a heavy Kush, or any specific medical couchlock varieties.

Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for!

8 Likes

Guys have already stated before me that schizophrenia can be accelerated by smoking marijuana. What about staying on the safe side and use pure CBD? That is known for helping with sleeping and has very limited psychoactive potential.

12 Likes

Happiest weed I’ve ever had was Blueberry. Might work for ya.

Running a plant long would basically let a good chunk of the THC degrade into CBN right?

I’ve often wondered if you could get the same effect by putting herb in the oven for a lengthy period before smoking it.

I’ve never tried smoking it that way, but I know if you leave herb for edibles in the oven too long, the result is some seriously sedative meds. Put some im for an hour at 250 degrees once and I couldn’t stay awake despite serious effort to do so.

3 Likes

Hmmm is that a secret to getting serious couch lock meds. I could use some to put me to sleep. :sleeping:

1 Like

Definitely worth trying if you are eating herb or making it into edibles or tincture. I’m not sure how it would affect smoking/vaping.

I experimented with making my own tincture for about 6 months, and bake time has a major influence on how sedative meds were. I usually only did mine for 25 minutes at 250 degrees fahrenheit to keep them from making me too sleepy.

When I baked the herb for longer (try 45 minutes to an hour at 250) , the tincture would put me to sleep… I think that’s because more THC ends up as CBN which is highly sedative in comparison to THC.

Everyone is different and will react differently to different cannabinoids, but I think in general CBN is sedative for most people and if you are looking to fall asleep it’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

CBD concentrate will calm the pants of you, and give great sleep, I use it all the time, lowers blood pressure as well as balances blood sugar levels, which helps emotional balance, it does many beneficial things.

edit… You have to consume it orally, smoking it does not give much benefit compared to taking it orally. If you smoke or vape you are losing 80% of your medicine

4 Likes

I work whit addicts and adder peupele some have this problem .
Marijana can be a turbo effect on this diagnos.
So i Think lemonad joe have 200 % right in what he say.
So be for chure befor you smoke .
Wisch you the best and all happines you can get

1 Like

You’ll need an extremely high dose of CBD, I’d check with a doctor. I suggest inbreeding the plant to really excite the genetics, but I dont really know that much about genetics