Best way to quick dry some buds

Hey everybody. Well I am currently out of bud, and I decided to pick a couple lower buds off my liberty haze plant that’s got about another week to finish. I was just wondering if any OG’rs had any tried and true methods to quick dry some buds. Thanks!

Oh’ and here’s another shitty pic off my phone to show what I’m working with

if your climate is hot & dry, try outside in the shade with airflow on a window screen or hanging free. i have used a car parked in the sun for this and it goes FAST. :dash:

my preferred method, when it’s possible, is to put green/fresh stuff in a jar with very old, dry stuff, & let them swap/stabilize. easy to over moisten the old stuff though, so monitor it, but the fresh stuff will rub off a bit & improve the old schwag.

and of course chopping it up will dry it faster but man, brace yourself. :wink:

good luck.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Gotta read them FAQs bro :wink:

And fyiy I advise against this whole heartedly. . . But desperate times call for desperate measures

4 Likes

i have done the microwave and oven method, in a pinch or to sample fresh bud, but avoid doing so at all costs if possible

6 Likes

I did type it in the search box and nothing came up. Didn’t think to look in the faqs. Duh! Lol!

1 Like

I’ve had very good results from setting my oven to the lowest possible setting, at least below 200, and leaving it in there for 10 to 15 minutes on a sheet of tinfoil or a cookie sheet. Fresh from the plant to smoke-able in 10 or 20 minutes.

It might destroy some of the psychoactives, but I’ve done it many times and it definitely gets it dry enough to be smoked, and you will catch a buzz from the buds.

4 Likes

Thanks Phil. I thought about using the oven but wasn’t sure. I think I’ll try that with a couple buds and see how it turns out. I did the microwave on 30% power thing, but it gives it a funky taste I’m not liking much.

Sometimes you have to be shameless in the urgency. Avoid microwaves at any price.

6 Likes

Thanks. Looks like I got some reading to do. :wink:

2 Likes

Only time will remover the chlorophyll

3 Likes

I forgot one important share if i respect strictly the title of the thread : For me, it’s the best way atm.

^^
Not tested, but tasted.

3 Likes

I have a radiator type heater that is set at the lowest temp. I lay a small rack on top of the heater that keeps buds elevated about 2 inches above the heater. 2 hours and your burnin’ one! :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

what about a food dehydrator

5 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking @ER1X0R. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

this ^^ any quick dry method wont get rid of that taste and smell. Usually gives you a headache and doesn’t get you medicated. But if you must try the microwave tech. you are basically cooking your trichomes doing this though and will not have a good end result.

4 Likes

I think the object here is not to find the fastest cure, but to find the best way to get something that is marginally smokeable in a pinch. To get the bud dry enough that it can be smoked.

Microwaving just seems like the worst possible option. Microwave heats things by exciting the water molecules which will most likely cause all kinds of cells to explode, destroying all the THC and other psychoactive properties. Like @chunk says, you’re cooking the trichomes, when the real objective is to let the entire bud dry enough to allow it to burn in a bowl or a joint.

The oven, a hot radiator, and if you have the patience a hair dryer blowing directly on the bud for an hour or so would be good choices.

I’ve done the oven method often enough to say it doesn’t cause headaches. Sure, it’s not going to turn out professionally cured bud, but if you need something to smoke right away it seems to give the best results.

I may have undersold the time, though. Start with 10 or 15 minutes and give the buds a squeeze. If they still seem too wet, let them sit in the warm oven longer, checking every 10 or 15 minutes until they feel like what you would normally be smoking. I’ve forgotten and left some in the oven long enough that the bud is crumbling dry but it still gets you high. It’s still going to be better than Mexican brick weed or cheap schwag when done this way.

4 Likes

I’ve dried in a cardboard box with holes in it sat next to a open window with a breeze passing over it. The box seems to slow down the drying process enough so that the buds don’t smell like hay/straw although the weed smell we all love is effected a little the taste and potency remains on par with normal dried weed. Just remember to keep moving the buds every couple of hours to avoid bud rot.

3 Likes

I was using the dankmaster microwave technique for years. It does the job but it’s a fine line between smokeable buds and crumbly over-dried buds you just ruined by trying to quick dry them in the microwave lol! I used the toaster technique I just discovered last night in the faq section, and it seems to work much better. It takes a good hour on the low setting to get it evenly dry, but the flavor is much better and the bud I dried using this method got me baked! I need to look more into that freeze dryer contraption fuel is talking about, but I’m not the brightest when it comes to building stuff like that.

2 Likes

I have a big box that my dehuey came in I use to dry my buds when the tent I use is to full, or has plants still flowering in it. I cut a bunch of holes all over and strung up some string to hang the branches from. Works pretty good for a slow dry, but your right about having to keep air moving cause it can get a little humid in there. I might not use it any more though because now you got me thinking it might mess up my flavors lol! I know, a little paranoid aren’t we! :eyes::eyes::eyes::grimacing:

3 Likes