Beta Hashplant

Beta Hashplant…any takers :wink:?

2 Likes

What is it

2 Likes

Long term project i am thinking of starting.

Lol. Thinking bout starting 10 or so generations of crosses (pollen chunking), of some delicious strains. Figure i can run 3-4 crosses a year… The line wouldn’t be worked till the end, if at all.

An experiment if you will.

4 Likes

If you just need an audience for moral support, I’m willing to occupy that far corner over there. No complaints, bring my own snacks, offer encouragement if I detect doubt. Other than that, on with the Show!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Same here nice comphy chair some Gatorade Zero apple strudel with whipped cream a couple of rolled fatties and some nose candy this may take a while but I’m patient

Peace and stay safe

4 Likes

Sure, sounds like fun, loading the bong and popping the corn.

And I have extra green cannabutter just for Mr B! :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I’ll pull up a seat

1 Like

My plan is to run an open pollination on each successive line with the next strain in the cross. So cross 1 x open pollinated by XXX get cross 2, which is then pollinated by GGG males etc, etc.

I though this would be the simplest method. Basically i will be growing out a bunch of stuff and the taking clones of all the males to pollinate each successive cross.

Is this the way to go or should i switch between males and females?

I would be running like 200 or so females to about 10 males each cross.

5 Likes

That’s a hell of an undertaking @Joshj good luck to you on that project

Peace and stay safe

2 Likes

Thems big numbers to just be chucking with no plans :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: must say im a little jealous lol

3 Likes

:wink: well it seems to make sense. The only dilemma im having is the number of diff seeds from the mothers…is 200 moms each gen. enough to get an accurate genetic profile of the line.

Actually man im thinking i can fit them in a double high 5x5 or 10x5.

2 Likes

I understand your thought process i think, its very similar to what people did for most of cannabis grow a bunch of plants keep seeds from best and after so many generations it should start shaping itself the only problem is if you are adding new genetic material everyround half the dna every round will be the new and with each round the first plants you started with slowly becomes a .0 something percentage of the genetic makeup …i have a theory that this is how the 1 in 1000 phenos end up in stuff

Either way im always down to watch the pollen fly my friend :grin: pulling up a :seat: and rolling up a joint for the show

5 Likes

Solo cups?

2 to 4 plants per square foot.

Im going more towards diversity than the expression of any specific strain.

1 Like

I did a solo cup thing in a 2x2 thread title thunderdome it actually went very smoothly i was saying not that long ago i wanted to fill the 5x5 with them but need to dial in my environment more here its much more moist than my last house where i did the thunderdome thread

But i am a huge fan of solo cups i averaged about 10-14 grams a cup i believe

2 Likes

Yeah im a big fan of them myself.
:smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Also i figure that with a good starting genetic pool, over the generations the hash will improve. That would be the main goal…make some bomb hash.

It looks like we have different opinions on what constitutes a Hashplant.

1 Like

No not specifically…is this a setup @anon5325009 ?

He means hashplant as a variety or type of plant hashplants are typically Afghani type varieties but there are sativa hashplants as well like the Kashmir but these are plants that have been normally worked/selected for century’s for hash production

7 Likes