BigMike55 and MarsHydro Go Crazy

Just heading home now with mine.lol

13 Likes

Some of my outside stuff is infested with thrips. This late in flower, is there anything I can apply to knock them back a bit? Anyone?

3 Likes

Dr Zymes is supposed to be safe in flower and work on thrips… predator bugs will also work any time. Ladybugs could do the trick. Cucumeris mites definitely will, at least from my experience; I apparently had the start of a thrips problem about a month ago, and before I even realized there was a problem I had mites pouring out of my soil and crawling all over the plants for a snack. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There are traps you can buy but it isn’t a fast solution and only cuts down the numbers. I would use Safers Insecticide Soap or there are a number of miticides out there that will do the trick.

5 Likes

I have Spinosad but I understand it is bad for the harvest. I think I might have some safers as well. Just worried to use anything on those buds this close to harvest. They are on my poor C99 plants.

1 Like

Really funky looking!

1 Like

It depends a lot which Safers product you have
as to whether you should use it on your plants. There are a number of products they make. Many you can use up to day of harvest according to their advertising but I wouldn’t suggest it. But Safers Insecticidal Soap is pretty much an oil that smothers them not allowing them to breath. It has a short risidual lifespan and of that or Spinosad I would use the Safers.
I wouldn’t spray during daylight hours or In direct sun. Wait until an hour or so before dark to spray your plants.

2 Likes

I do have some safers insect. Soap. Will apply at sunset.
Man it’s always something with outside growing. I love how the plants grow outside but holy hell, the insects. Had mites on them early on, now thrips.
Oh well. Part of growing.
I bought some BTK a couple months ago, in case I see some 'pillars.

5 Likes

Good deal!
Tomorrow use your garden hose and spray your plants with just water from the hose.
Oh and when you use the soap make sure to spray the ground around the plant and the soil under the plant.

7 Likes

Done. It amazes me how water will make the branches bend so far they look like they should break. Couple hours later they are back good again.

5 Likes

Wake and bake with Island Sweet Skunk has me pretty fucked up. And I only took one hit on the old bong, so far.
Oh yeah, it’s that good.

8 Likes

You mean these little buggers;

21 Likes

Dat be’s dem!
Purty!

2 Likes

@BigMike55 Let me say, I am completely in love with Buddhas Cane’ leaf structure and shape. Great work so far dude. Good luck with the Thrips. SUCKS! Give them a blow with a leaf blower. Might shake a few off.

@4ftfarmer You know that’s the truth! Share the Buddhas Cane Love. Dont wanna say too much without my Sponsorship activated again. Thanks for the love!

@Pigeonman I am excited to see what BC does for you compared to the UK Cheese. I have no doubt its gonna be beautiful.

6 Likes

For some reason i like that taller lankier one. Just her structure has my eye. Those shorter fatter ones are getting nice tho.

I even like this wonky girl. But if she dont straighten out her act she will see the sharp side of a knife.

26 Likes

I think it just gives her character. I’d have to grow her out just out of curiosity, just to see what her buds look like. lol

3 Likes

Zee said the same thing. “Don’t kill her. She’s so cute”!

3 Likes

I think I’m on board with @MoBilly and I’d have to grow her completely out to see what she does. Those rounded fan leaf ends are really appealing for some reason.

I’m thinking we could have a little Buddhas Cane collaboration between us @BigMike55

4 Likes

Just because a trait is recessive does not make it inferior. If it were mine I would grow it out as the above posters are saying………

4 Likes

I will say this for the Buddha’s Cane. They make beautiful plants. Wonkiness aside, haha. I may go ahead and let her do what she wants to do.

4 Likes