BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

I spent the most time on the neck actually. The frets were grimy and sharp on the ends. Plus the zero Fret. Was not set up correctly. Had to rework that. But it is smooth as butter right now. May be better than my store bought stuff.

4 Likes

Just spent some time catching up… Dam! You have been busy growing some giant plants!

3 Likes

That looks nice!

1 Like

Hey, @Floyd
Glad you came by to visit.
Yeah that big Zammy is going be a handful at harvest.

5 Likes

I bet. Lol

4 Likes

Dang nice brother!

2 Likes

I smoked some Frankie last night. It’s potent! And the smoke is smooth and leaves a funky sweet taste in your mouth.

8 Likes

@firehead Hi friend! Two Spotted Lime x Forum Stomper are into the dirt now!
Looking forward to seeing these babies coming to life!
Thanks!!

2 Likes

Nice!! Spotted Lime is a rockstar. I haven’t grown any of those out yet… but there’s no way they’re gonna suck!

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

1 Like

That is awesome! I always wanted to build my own bass and electric guitar. Never had the money and tools. Yours looks awesome!

1 Like

It has some flaws. I just won’t point them out. Hehe.
It really was a pretty cool project. Takes A while but look at what you get in the end. And it plays pretty dam nice. I still need to set up and intimate but it really is incredibly satisfying.

4 Likes

Now that you know what it takes and what I spent on these two builds I can’t believe I have had no takers on these guitars at $800 each:

12 Likes

I’m liking the Stray copy.
One thing about building your own. Its yours from now on. No one wants to give good money for something built at home, no matter how good it is. We learned that with Zee’s quilt making thing. They are 1000% better than any store bought quilt or blanket. Normal folks only see the price tag not what goes into it.

9 Likes

Yes and that’s a real shame. An equivalent guitar in the store would be $1800 and not be as nice. I guess people do pay for the name and not the quality.

4 Likes

Have cherry strains going and needed to pop some more for the next room coming down.
Here is what I picked and soaking:

13 Likes

I used to do woodcarving. Slow tedious work all done with hand chisels and scrapers. I showed a guy one of the gun stocks that I had built and carved on.
When he asked me to do one for him and I told him what I would charge (I thought that I priced low lol) he said he could buy one cheaper online.
I’m not a guy that looks for a fight anymore but back then… He just sounded so smartassish as he said that.

I just walked away from him. My wife was amazed that I didn’t even tell him what he saw every time he looked at himself in the mirror.

12 Likes

I’ve heard Willie Nelson is some very good reefer. But never tried it. Or even seen it. Good luck my brother. I think this might be a first around OG as well. At least I have not heard anyone running it.

5 Likes

Same here @BigMike55, I’ve heard of Willie but never grown it or smoked it. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I ran it for several years here, gave @Guitarzan clones. he’s still running her as a mother

edit… didn’t have any complaints, decent Ganja. Just had to thin things down when we retired.

4 Likes