BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

Simply amazing.
Oh and good morning my friend.

4 Likes

Very nice!:heart_eyes: The trees may be too much work for me when harvest time comes but if I’m ever able I’m probably still gonna grow one just to look at it! :joy: Surely I can find someone I trust to give it to if I get tired of hacking on it! There’s just something so dang majestic about a big ole cannabis tree! :fist:t3:
Looks great! @BigMike55

5 Likes

She’s starting to show some yellowing on the older leaves. I threw some Osmocote around the bottom. Along with a little bone meal to feed the flowers. Hope she’s gonna make it to the end. I LOVE that girl.

3 Likes

That is one hell of a cannabis plant, I hope she makes it to the finish. I bet that moster uses some ferts. I would throw some lime at her also keep things stable

2 Likes

This one may test me, that’s for sure. Like you, I just wanted to see if I could grow a giant plant. Zammy has exceeded my expectations. And my abilities as a grower. I have only been growing for about four years, so a rookie I be, but I learn something every single day. I shit you not.

5 Likes

I have actually not fertilized her much at all. I started out with a nice sized hole filled with used soil from the past couple runs indoors. And added happy frog soil amendment. The plant was a good three feet tall when I put her outside in the spring.
What will lime do for the soil? I have some in my garden shed. And worm castings and blood meal and bone meal and Epson salt and… Haha.

7 Likes

@BigMike55 I can hear your hand cramping from trim jail already!!!

:star_struck:

3 Likes

It will keep your ph stable for your long flower time, add MG. It will definitely help

1 Like

Yes adds a small amount of magnesium and calcium and increases the soil PH.
It doesn’t add enough mg and ca to take place of flower nutrients but does add a little. The biggest benefit is increasing the PH!

6 Likes

@BigMike55
Wouldn’t happen to have any potassium sulfate in that garden shed would you?

3 Likes

No sure don’t. Think I need some. Lowes is about a mile away.

1 Like

Potassium sulfate is made of potassium and sulphur. Mixed with magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) is a cheap way of making flowering nutrients. It can be a much better method also as you can pick the strength of the mix and the amounts of each. I like to use it on OD plants because it’s a lot easier to mix in a 5 gallon bucket and a lot cheaper than using expensive “cannabis” nutrients.
But you want to find the right kind, some 0-0-50 or so goes a long way. Potassium Sulfate is often called Potash and will work the same way.

11 Likes

FYI, all potassium sulfate is 0-0-50

50% potassium and 50% sulfur. Very widely used in western states to satisfy potassium requirement of multiple commercial crops grown in western slightly alkali soils.

In the eastern and midwest states with more leaching, (acidic soils) it also works great but you may want to lime a little to keep pH in check…

That’s all I got !

16 Likes

You are driving me crazy. I really want to do one of these outside now. I just don’t have the time to put up fencing.

7 Likes

Here’s my little Frankenstein clone. One of two. Both look like the same plant.

19 Likes

And my Mephisto Double Grape autos. Exactly seven weeks from seed.

32 Likes

Dang! Those are looking very nice!

2 Likes

Wow…pretty amazing for such a short time frame. Pretty amazing anyway!

2 Likes

I’m not used to growing small plants. These little girls are a surprise to me. I think it will be really nice smoke when she’s finished in a few weeks.
I need to up pot my Frankies, too. I will put them in five gallon bags.

4 Likes

That’s dope as f. :fire:

5 Likes