Black Dog LED/LED lighting

What LEDs do you guys use? I have a 1000w Black Dog that I’m excited to try out, but am unable to with my current grow space… spent almost 2k on a light and havent been able to use yet :frowning: I have been using an Electric Sky 180 and have had pretty decent results. I used a 1000w hps last flower cycle (only running at 600w due to temps in the tent) and swear that would be my heaviest harvest to date. Ended up with god awful PM that wouldn’t stay away and had to trash.

What have you used in the past and how were your results compared to other LEDs /MH/HPS etc.?

4 Likes

Currently i use the new HLG 650R. I havent been able to use it just yet either (Just have seedlings right now). My first 2 grows I used 2 600w viperspecta, then I bought a hlg china knock off, It did well got 254g off the one plant that made it.
I havent use anything but led’s so far but plan to try hps at a later time

1 Like

I just switched to California lightworks 500 full spectrum
So far the little ones seem to love it
I haven’t flowered with it yet
The last 5 years I’ve run mars light it’s very good results

1 Like

@Papalag heard a lot of good things about cali lightworks!

2 Likes

I’m vegging with two 65 watt QB, type Led 4k made by a company called RAW, in a 2x4 tent and flowering with the Mars Hydro sp 250

2 Likes

I am really liking the white light
Very happy with the plane growth
We will see what she does in flowering

2 Likes

Good thread. I am in the process of researching leds for a 3x3 tent. Saw on another forum a few guys swearing by a $100 home depot unit. My buddy just bought a couple of spider garden samsung lights that look pretty sweet. Ive pretty much always only used hps in the past, excited to switch it up and get with the times

1 Like

@anon80727880 do run a dehumidifier? What size? Size of room and number of plants?
My room is finished yet. But I bought a used 50 pint and have been running it in my 24x24x8 garage. It gets humidity down to 58% when window ACs aren’t running. When ac is on energy saver and set at 70-72 and stops cooling. But when acs are running and cooling are humidity comes up to 60-62. ???
My actual grow room will be 24x6x8 , garage as lung room. Not sure is the dehumidifier is working as it should.
I have a Chinese 480 watt LED. Mean well driver, dimmable.
Anyhow hope you figure out PM issue.

@TreeTop so my PM issue was definitely caused by not having a fan running the first 3 weeks of flower, I had power outage and didnt notice for 3 weeks. Once it was there, I couldn’t get rid of it. I used an organic fungicide and it went away for a few weeks but returned late flower. Maybe the strain cross wasnt very PM resistant as well(gelato x starfighter). I have gone this entire current grow with no problems PM related and I’m growing in the same 2x4 tent as before. I deep cleaned the tent/equipment between grows. Your situation sounds very strange… I also dont think your dehumidifier is functioning properly.

1 Like

I also was on the fence between 1000W black dog and iluminars il9x 1000W. I went for the iL9x but Im sure that its also a good option. Mine has worked perfectly and with absolutely love it. Hope you’ve had the chance to try yours and it went well!

Lmao no not yet. It runs pretty hot. It’s for a 6.5x6.5 area. Too hot for a 4x8 lol
In the box it sits

1 Like

If you’re willing to shell out $2500, I use the Apache AT600 (equivalent to 1100 watts) in my 5 x 5 and it’s friggin’ awesome. Does not run very hot at all. I actually added their AT200 (950 bucks from growershouse and free shipping) to the tent and it runs so cool that I bought another for my 3 x 3 veg tent. That one will not get hot at all. The first time I used it was last summer, when I had to run the AC for twelve hours a day for the flower tent and it was actually getting too cold in the veg tent, like down into the mid-60’s.

I think growershouse is actually selling the AT600 for cheaper than Apache does. Maybe like $300 cheaper. And no, I don’t work for either growershouse or Apache haha.

1 Like

Clearly I made the wrong choice :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Don’t be too hard on yourself haha. I researched the shit out of LED’s for at least a year before I bought one. And that was like six years ago, when there seemed to be a lot more confusion about LED’s. Maybe you could sell the one you’ve never really used for close to the original price? I mean, a practically brand-new light for like $300 cheaper? You’d have to eat that money, but it’d be better than the light just sitting in the box.

Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I’d just get four of the Apache AT200’s and skip the AT600; it does get warm. The 200’s just do not get hot at all. Four of those in a 5x5 would probably be overkill, but they’d be perfect in a 4x8.

1 Like

You’re 100% right. I didn’t see much of a market but I might as well. It would be nice to use in a large room, but i just dont have one yet. Would be more beneficial to sell it and replace my 1000w hids with LEDs

1 Like