Black Lotus by Bodhi Co-Op Preservation seed run

Thank you, i laid awake for 2.5 hours thinking of a fair solution. I hope this is understood by all, that i just want it to be fair. And thank those that contributed to the BL F2 thread.

16 Likes

O yes, i have these that i already started making in preparation.

9 Likes

I’ve got 50 flips and washers boxed up for you. Dm my your addy and I’ll run to the post office

20 Likes

No i don’t mind.

“ I’ve got 50 flips and washers boxed up.”

Holy crap that’s awesome, thank you for your helping me getting the seeds out!

11 Likes

Congrats on keeping this line alive @BudWhisperer & @BackyardBoogie420

3 Likes

Nice. Maybe we need those old paper cutters we had in school decades ago. I bet they are not allowed anymore.

6 Likes

Dunno if I entirely agree that this is a fair way to distribute them. I don’t need them myself - I have far too many seeds sitting idle to take such limited ones when they’d also probably just sit in my fridge - but if I did want them, I’d be disqualified because I’ve only been watching and liking posts since the beginning, but didn’t post anything because I didn’t feel I had anything meaningful to contribute. I’ve been busy doing my own Bodhi F2 repro for the co-op, and most of my posts have been updates over there lately. That said, there isn’t really any fair way to distribute 40 packs of seeds to a thread that’s been watched by probably 200+ people, with no way of keeping track of who those people are other than likes and posts. I understand that you’re making the best of a terrible situation, but there’s no solution that’s going to be fair to everyone. Dunno if random selection from a wiki would be better, but that’s the closest I could come up with. Either way, I’m not gonna be putting my hand out, but since I finally had something meaningful to say I said it. :man_shrugging:

Anyway, thanks for contributing the initial packs, and thanks to you for doing your best, @BackyardBoogie420. Shame it had to go down this way, but it’s better than nothing; as people have said, at least there are F2s that can be repro’d in the future.

16 Likes

This is fair point. But there’s no good way for me to narrow down who gets the seeds if i go by “likes”. Because the first post has 186 likes.

And i agree that, someone who “likes” and actually follows a thread may be more likely to grow the seeds than someone who posts just once, saying only “frosty!”

SO if anyone has followed this thread but not posted a comment in it, post a comment in it now and if there are extra seeds i will put up a wiki for you folks.

EDIT
I remembered that all the Co-op seed runs are capped at 75 TL3 members plus 75 TL2 members, so in every OG seed run, many folks ate excluded.

16 Likes

–First Post -

ix3u
PineTarBastard
Trae1170
SHSC-1
valleymicro
cdues21
joheimgrohen
Hemlock
Coffin_Dodger
unomas
Longtooth
RoryBorealis
MonsterDrank
Icon
blendmedmedman
Ras-T
repins12
Tejas
Buck90
blowdout2269
Weednerd.Anthony
Tlander
Mrgreenthumb
Emeraldgreen
smokekulture
ramblinrose
punk77
anonymous4289
Costanza
Pigeonman
Zolorp
MissinBissin
Kami
HeadyBearAdventures
hawkman
invisible
calman1995
ItsintheGenetics
STIGGY
SaintAliasKnife

Exactly 40 people

----First Update - Post 49

Growgrassblowglass
tresbundles
Alaskagrown
Kyumonryu
Garcimore
Jango
MyLittleGrundle
TricycleOfDoom
luxton
j0ebob
HealingHerb
SunGrown
CocoaCoir
HappyTrees23s
Magu
Longtooth
JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh
funkyfunk
willie
Weednerd.Anthony
Zett
MyrtleGrounds
ChinookKing
DougDawson
PonceDeLeon
Granola
creatorknbsland
Amendment3
CanuckistanPete
Jango
sober
Elpolloloco
yardgrazer
shag
slain
buckaroobonsai
Bert
IllicitMango
allotment
Forest_Organic

Also exactly 40 people

How about whoever posted before the first update? “The OG’s” Or do 5 packs for everyone?

12 Likes

Thank you, i too have made a list.
Once i sort and count the seeds i’ll know better what i’m working with.

13 Likes

I never asked for the seeds and I wasn’t planning on signing up either. I only said it was a lot seeing them coming from one plant. I have not followed this thread much so I feel I do not deserve these beens.

3 Likes

@BudWhisperer @BackyardBoogie420 dont sweat it - at the end of the day you made more beans and will be sharing them with the community, which is a victory in itself.

We could talk about the seed count and finding a “fair” way to distribute them until we are blue in the face, but ultimately you made it to the finish line. A lot of projects start out but never finish, and each one is a learning opportunity.

What’s fair to one may be unfair to the next, it’s all subjective and not worth spending too much time on.

At the end of the day - well done, and thanks for the effort!

19 Likes

I think you did a great job here. You kept it going and those who receive will also be able to keep it going. Those of us who do not receive seeds from this will get some in a future run, of that I am certain. No worries, you did an incredible job start to finish.

10 Likes

You’re very kind to say so. All credit goes to the hard-working @BackyardBoogie420 . I just had the spare pack of beans i thought it’d be fun to share.

11 Likes

It was a beautiful job done by the siblings @BudWhisperer and @BackyardBoogie420 :clap::+1:!!!
It’s a pity there aren’t enough seeds for everyone! Mother Nature sometimes deceives us, and things don’t always go as expected!!!

But nothing prevents us from selecting these seeds in the future and perhaps starting a new distribution!

:metal:t3:

11 Likes

@BackyardBoogie420 Awesome job and thanks for all the hard work!

3 Likes

As everyone else has said, fantastic job, the plants looked great and so do the beans.

Personally, I’d love to be able to grow them, to experience the and say I had, but I have most been a lurker and not actively participating, so if I miss out that’s on me :ok_hand:. I’ll just have to wait for someone to dish out f2’s :grin:.

Don’t stress, it’s only weed, and everyone who does get to grow them will be very appreciative, I’m sure :ok_hand::metal:

7 Likes

Iv been watching it but haven’t posted, id like some but all good if I don’t get any tho. Maybe I can trade for some later. Nice run.

3 Likes

I second @Zolorp. I’ve been following along since the beginning, and you did an awesome job making the most of what you had to work with. Hopefully one of the recipients will expand it further.

8 Likes

A printed washer/spacer is a good idea:

• I see you “thinned it out”, good move, it will hold more beans
  • you can add a small chamfer to the outside edges (so “the rollers of death” don’t cut through the packaging…)
  • you could increase the size and use the larger flips (maybe 35 or 40mm)
    I need to look closer at that one…

Cheers
G

10 Likes