Black Tuna Coop Seedrun

I did. I did the math. :abacus: It didn’t look promising.

1 Like

I high sided through an intersection at 70kph.

I was very lucky to have literally only a scratch on my body and some really good damage on my jacket and helmet.

2 Likes

Very lucky indeed. Someone was looking out for you.

2 Likes

Day 1 of flowering

29 Likes

The looks on the witnesses faces told me everything I needed to know.

Very very lucky. I was banged up but went out and got drunk and it was all good.

5 Likes

Lol. What else could you have done?:grin: drinks would have been on me that night!

7 Likes

Well everyone, the plants are coming up on one week of flowering and it now looks like all 7 are females. I thought there was at least one male until yesterday. The male looking pre-flowers have morphed into female pre-flowers. I think these are fem seed, which could explain my difficulties sexing them. I’ll give it a few more days before confirming, but i found stigmas on 6 plants so far and i think i spotted one on the 7th yesterday😔.
I’m broke from being out of work a month now so i can’t get any supplies for fem seed. Anyone have gibberelic acid or something else to turn one or more of these into a male on a branch or two for fem seed? I’m not 100% sure its needed yet, but I’m closing in at 95% sure.
@TopShelfTrees1 could these be fem seed? It would explain why this has only been around in clone form. Maybe only a few people have a m/f line?

17 Likes

I could send you STS ingredients (GA will make them tentacle monsters) but it would probably be faster and safer if someone from the US does. Message me if nobody offers over the weekend.

8 Likes

I have silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate I could send you.

8 Likes

Thanks for the offer brother but for sure I will try to find someone in the States first. I’m sure shipping would be expensive.
@Pleiochasium that’s mighty OG of you, thanks for offering . What is the process making fem seeds with this stuff? I’m a little nervous because I’ve never done it before.

5 Likes

@Pleiochasium -you beat me to it.
This place rocks!

3 Likes

Here’s the plants 1 by 1. Whole plant first, then
Sex parts. Dang I already did this and it took me 15 minutes for everything to upload and then i was logged out. Here goes again

22 Likes

Look at that last photo. Boy that looked like a male

22 Likes

22 Likes

This has my interest
Hazeman has a blue tuna

I really want to try that one as well I believe it’s crossed with their blue cheese line

3 Likes

Lastly, the wtf is it…

Take your pick on this one I guess. I have to say the others looked just like it. First looking like a male and then a couple courses up like a female. That last photo looks 100% like a male but there are others that look like its female. Fingers crossed it decides to be a male. If not, I suppose I ought to learn how to make fem seeds anyway since so many people like them.
@Papalag this one should definitely be on your radar. Smelliest plants I have grown I think.

24 Likes

The parental make up amazing
Have you smoked it before ?

2 Likes

My money is going on male
: )
Once you see two in one spot , that will be the confirmation

They are confusing us tho for sure , tricky one at this stage

3 Likes

Looking awesome @Upstate !!

Who thought we’d be hoping for a male so bad :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

My Black Cherry F2 looked just like this.
On like one branch. Everything else looked fem.
She’s still all girl, but is being watched closely.

If you do have to make fem seeds…
I’d say pick the two, three, or four most different plants. Reverse them and let the pollen fly!
Though I’m not sure if the S1 gens qualify for Co-OP. So you might only be able to distribute seeds from the pollinated plants, not the self-pollinated ones.
Hell idk, lol.

2 Likes