Blackberry Pakistani (Blackberry x X18)

I harvested the “Blackberry X18” seeds around Dec 2017 / Jan 2018 as a part of the X18 open pollination / preservation project. The Blackberry mom I used was one of the loudest, strongest and tastiest plants I had grown up until that point and still is today. Wish I still had her! Don’t know much about her lineage beyond what my friend who passed her told me: 1, she’s definitely not “Blackberry Kush” or related in any way to that clone, 2, she originally came from the mountains in Northern Cali and was a treasured mom in the collection of some old timers in Humboldt, 3, she definitely tasted like she had some OG crossed into her somewhere along the line. Smell and taste was straight up sweet blackberry, very frosty and extremely delicious herb, with a noticeable hint of gas behind it and potency to match.

Since the X18 project I’ve worked on quite a few projects, but I’ve wanted to pop these seeds ever since I made them, and especially after losing the mom over a year ago. Finally decided to do a quick hunt over the winter: I grew out a bunch of “12/12 from seed” starts and took them to about 6 weeks of flower. I then selected 3 girls based on smells that were MOST like the Blackberry mom and LEAST like the X18s, at least on first impression. Those three girls got re-vegged and re-cloned, and are now ready for a true flower run to see what we have. Goal is to choose 1 of the 3 phenos I like the best, or toss all three if they’re all trash. So far though, I’m loving the stem rubs and smells these things are giving off: sugary sweet berries, vanilla wafers and lemon cookies, and I’d swear some apple funk from the X18 side, but it’s hard to tell with all the sweet smells in there.

Here they are at 2 weeks from flip…I’ll update this thread periodically from time to time, and try to end it out with a proper smoke test:

BPA:

BPB:

BPC:

-Bury

19 Likes

Plants look wonderful. Im pulling up my lawn chair and cooler.

2 Likes

This sounds very interesting, you have my attention!
:popcorn: :couch_and_lamp:

Cheers
G

Very cool combo :sunglasses:

Hey @buryseeds mate,
I was after some of your X18 x Blackberry back when we done the testers - Though i did grow 3 x different crosses of your X18 ( ghash, Stardawg IX and two Nigerian hazes.) - btw NONE hermied on me .!!
I wish you luck in finding something nice outta your ‘blacky-paki’ cross :+1:.
I’ll keep an eye out for your progress with this one bro.
Happy growing,
Gaz

5 Likes

Quick update…here they are at 4 weeks and some change…

All:

A:
A1 A2

B:
B1 B2

C:
C1 C2

-Bury

7 Likes

Here we are at 6 weeks and change…

BPA:

7 Likes

BPB:

7 Likes

BPC:

10 Likes

Those are looking pretty tasty are they reminding you of your blackberry mom or is it a little too early to tell.

1 Like

A majority of seeds I’ve popped from the X18 outcrosses have been very very Paki dom. These are no exception. I would say the C probably has the most Blackberry in the smell, but I can still also smell heavily the apples thats in a large portion of X18 phenos. The A has a similar scent, but also has some added earthy/skunkiness, I woudn’t really call it “gassy”, more earthy skunk…another element that comes out a lot in X18. And the B i don’t see any Blackberry traits at all. The Paki is strong in all of them…

Here they are at just shy of 9 weeks (60-62 days), probably pulled a little early, but this Roots Organic Lush doesn’t really have the juice to max them out much more. The terps are all on high alert and I think they’re mature enough for the smoke test, so that’s that; already got the next round down, so we’ll call this a “sneak peek” of what to expect from the next round:

BPA:

BPB:

BPC:

10 Likes

Nice project my friend
Very interesting cross
Hopefully you’ll fine what you’re looking for
Paps

1 Like

I grew some bud that was blackberry x super lemon haze feminized… It was amazing. I had a really nice gsc male that year and made seeds. I’m trying to find the blackberry as well lol. It’s something else. Mine kind of had a crushed up artificial candy smell with a ton of funk and it rained crystals when you broke it up. Good luck on your mission to find it :v:

5 Likes

How does she smoke brother?

2 Likes

Another thread I started and never ended :laughing: I find a lot of the outcrosses, at least from my personal testing, tend to lean havily toward the Paki in the line. That was very much the case with these; sharp blackberry scents on the nose, but super earthy hash on the smoke, which is a fairly common trait in the X18 line. The C pheno was particularly fragrant and I would say the most potent in effect, with definitely a bit more noticeable “gas” which I will attribute to the Blackberry side possibly bringing a little bit of that possible OG out of the mix.

-Bury

2 Likes