Blaze by British Columbia Seed Bank

Hello everyone, I’ve been reminiscing about yesteryear stains I had the privilege to try. I had the opportunity to pick up some of BCSB NL5 from a friend and weeks ago, and I was reminded of their strain called Blaze (Blueberry x Haze) I picked up circa ‘05. 16 years later it’s still a memorable strain to me.

I know the origins go back to the mid to late 90’s. The smoke and effects were very unique, and nothing close to Blue Dream (although a great strain in its own right). The smoke had strong Haze taste (not sweet), and a tart berry note on the back end. The effects were much louder as well.

Does anyone know if BCSB is still around? I saw there website, but get redirected to a complete different site. Please feel free to share your experience with Blaze, and BCSB, or other strains they carry. I look forward to hear you stories, and experience growing their genetics.

Is this the site you were referring to?

https://thebcsc.com/product/blaze/

Yes, that the site. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong, or if it’s a bogus site?

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me either.

I don’t know man, I would stay clear for now. I looked over the site, shot em off an email just to see what’s really going on, for the sake of research lol. It looks like a legit site, but the reviews on there are pretty old. Makes me wonder how old the beans are. I don’t know if maybe when they’re out of stock it forwards to the other site, cause some strains didn’t do that. The ones that didn’t redirect me didn’t go into the cart either. I would say if you’re looking for some Blueberry x Haze I’m pretty positive PeakseedsBC has some. Just have to send him an email and request it cause he doesn’t list it on the site.

Go with your gut feeling. If you’re this unsure, it’s definitely a sign. Unless I get a personal recommendation or there’s a decent amount of good reviews from people on forums, I usually just keep walkin.

Thank you, I appreciate your willingness to reach out to them. I agree with you. I noticed the reviews as well, and was wondering the same thing. One can only hope they (BCSB) will eventually start their own website. They definitely have classics.

1 Like

I thought the bcsb did have their own website back in the day. All I know is there are a flood of sites that redirect to places like AMS or Marijuana seed shop, I would be highly doubtful/skeptical of them all…

Unsure why or how this happened, if anyone knows the history behind this and would care to elaborate I would appreciate it. Feels like it started after the Marc Emery shit that went down. I’m not sure if these places got raided, or just shutdown to avoid any issues with law enforcement. I just don’t know, throwing my best guess out there lol

3 Likes