Blaze’s OG Pheno Hunt Freshman Edition

I recently started growing again after 20 years of paying way too much for bud. I have three harvests under my belt. One was 1 Ethos Cookie in a 2x2 grow tent under a TS600 and a Bloomspect SL600. I had to pull early for security reasons as my lease was up and I wasn’t sure about where I’d be living. I was very happy to be smoking something I grew so I had no complaints about the quality of the underdeveloped buds. Still felt like a boss rolling my own hard work.

After I moved into a new place, I had about 4x8 to work with and started a Mephisto Forum Stomper and a Tastebudz Grape Gusher Auto along with a freebie Purple Haze Auto. Decided to run autos to get my stash up while I was vegging a Runtz Muffin mother I planned to clone and fill out my 4x8. I also upgraded my lighting to an HLG260 R-Spec V2 3500k. Well my landlord’s husband passed away and she decided to sell the house so we were only there 3 months. That was long enough to harvest the Grape Gusher and the Purple Haze Auto. My lovely dog decided to rip all of them out of their pots one day while I was at work. I managed to repot the Grape Gusher and the Purple Haze Auto and transplanted the remains to a DWC buckets. Overall ended up with about an ounce from each which made me a little happy, but I really wanna be at about 4oz per plant at least. I smoke pretty heavily and an ounce just won’t make it from harvest to harvest.

We ended up finding a large place to rent with plenty of space for my small personal grow.
I remembered about this site and thru communication with various members and winning some seeds playing trivia I ended up with a decent collection of regs to try. My goal is to veg a few of them out and find good mothers to clone from. I bought a 2x4 Ac Infinity tent to go with my HLG260 and TS600. I’ll be running two Mephisto Forum Stompers in DWC. I popped 4 Lavender Dosidos and hopefully I can find a good mom to clone and run a tent full of. I also have some (C99xPBB)xGelato, Molokai Frost x Stoney Bologna, and some Jungle Spice #6 F2’s. Also have Lavender Mac (Lavender Frosting x Mac1), The Game is Thick which is Lavender Frosting x Waiting Game, and some pollen from a Syrian x BB Lebanese pollen I plan to dust on a couple branches here and there. I’m super excited and I want to pop them all right now, but I went with the Dosido just because I saw some pics that I couldn’t stop thinking about lol. I’m hoping for a phenomenal pheno. I hope you all will join me on my journey. There should be a lot to see and maybe even some seeds involved if I can keep this going. My last 3 grows all ended prematurely so I’m looking forward to my first real harvest with some actual weight. Thank you for reading this. Let’s get it poppin OG!

32 Likes

Off to a fine start! Here’s to a bountiful, mature harvest. I’ll be rooting for you!

3 Likes

Looking good bud, best of luck.

3 Likes

I fimmed the smallest one and topped the big one. Tryna see something lol.

14 Likes

ha - i didnt recognize your username until i saw that large pot leaf hanging on the wall and i instantly recognized that grow room!!!

good luck on this round man!!! i’ll be checking in often to cheer you on!

2 Likes

Planted these Lavender Dosidos 7 days ago directly into the soil. I’ve found that when in soil I usually skip the whole soaking in water thing. I feel like good genetics don’t really need it. Got these from WeTokeChronic which is a mix of his Lavender Frosting x Cherry Dosido by Midwest Best and I’m hella impressed by the uniformity of how they sprouted. Literally all popped out the soil at the exact same time.

8 Likes

Looking good brother. FDM (Fleur Du Mal) has the same feelings as you do as to popping directly into soil. His thoughts are that in nature they don’t need any interventions to start growing and that the strong only survive. He has some info on his site.

2 Likes

Trying to do some LsT and got carried away. Broke off a branch so I decided to even the plant out and it seems to be quite happy. I trimmed so much larf my last harvest I wanted to find ways to consolidate the bud to a few colas.

6 Likes

Coming along nicely. The uniformity of the Lavender Dosidos is so satisfying to me lol. Ph is at 5.8 in the dwc buckets and I ain’t checked the ec because I feel like it’s kinda pointless. I just feed everytime I change the bucket about every 10 days or so. Added some big bud and sensi cal xtra to what used to be the biggest plant, but my botched defoliation allowed the smaller one to catch up and overtake it. Think ima practice heavy defoliation on the one on the right and kinda let the one on the left grow. Last autos I’ll be growing for the foreseeable future as I’m switching to photos and I’m gonna do some experimenting to see if some of the things I’ve heard about autos are true. These Mephistos are starting to stink ALOT and we ain’t got anything but a couple pistols going. I can only imagine what they will smell like with actual bud on them.

Oh and I’m on a 24/0 light cycle. If I don’t see some flowering starting with the Mephistos I’m gonna switch to 18/6 and see if that wakes em up. They say cannabis doesn’t require a rest period so I’m gonna try to go 24/0 all the way to the end of the autos then flip because my photos should be cloned and ready to start flowering by then.

6 Likes

Damn these calyx are frosty af already and they have just started flowering. Stem rub smells like garlic, gas, and bananas.

7 Likes

Started 18/6 today because the forum stompers are throwing pistols but not actually flowering yet. Calyx are super swollen and growing out of the nodes but I see no evidence of bud sites anywhere but on the calyx sites. I believe the 18/6 will jump start flowering. And I’ll never know if it was the lights or just a natural progression if it works lol.

1 Like

Final defoliation today as they appear to have started preflower stretch. Also did some LST and drop some seeds I’ve been germinating into dirt. (C99xPeanut Butter Breath) x Gelato I got from Bassman. Also popped two Lavender Frosting x Mac1. My wife doesn’t know yet but I need another tent lol.

7 Likes

Mephisto says there are two types of Forum Stomper phenos, one bushy and one tall. It appears that I have both judging by the leaf structure. The one on the right is getting branch while the one on the left is getting bushy. The tall pheno has some very cakes calyx already. It’s gonna be Frosty af. Did some defoliation and LST on them last night and today they have recovered nicely.

The thing I hate about advanced nutrients is that you don’t have a lot of control Over NPK as it’s very high in nitrogen and I’d like to have a little more finesse over how fast leaves grow.
Fast growth is a good problem to have but I feel like it could be a little less leafy, that probably also has to do with the short node length due to the strength of the light. No need to really grow upwards. I’m very excited about these two all of the sudden. Hadn’t noticed the frost forming already till tonight!

Btw these are autoflowers and really didn’t even start doing anything worthwhile till about DAY 70 lol. Not sure what happened there cuz it’s gonna end up being a 120 day plant despite the breeder claiming 70 days from seedling to harvest lol. I don’t mind it’s gonna be worth it I believe.

7 Likes

Explosive growth

8 Likes

They are really blowing up or I’ve been working too much to notice or potentially w combination of the two. Either way I’m happy with the progress!

7 Likes

Really pushing the limits of how late I should defoliate but it had to be done.

6 Likes

Finally got everything into position the way I want it and ready to let her go for a couple weeks. Feel like these are gonna be huge I’m hoping for two oz dried per plant. Keeping my fingers crossed.

7 Likes

Turning into some monster ass bushes. The smell is getting intense and all I see is pistols. I feel like this is gonna be a stinker.

Lavender Dosido looking nice as well. Prolly gonna build a living soil type situation and go soil till I can clone into hydro.

6 Likes

Looks great. Bushes for sure. :beers:

1 Like

More LST and more defoliation. These women are quite leafy. Had to cull two Lavender and a (C99xPBB)xGelato.These two are taking the 2x4 over and I believe they will end up filling the whole thing.

4 Likes