Blowgank420’s first grow

GLG, JBC for seeds. Promix with a little amending, if not the Kellog brand at the Home Depot is good soil. Not sure if you’re in a med/rec state, but if so you’ll have an easier time finding clones or you can try Strainly.com.

As a newbie I’d do a couple runs with just soil and water. And I would suggest to get germination and other beginning basics down before you start cloning yourself.

4 Likes

i’d recommend coco coir for starting out, add in some perlite if you want for good measure, it’s nearly impossible to over-water… if you need to flush it out to fix a problem it wont take forever to dry out again.

are you growing inside or outside?? may as well start with feminized seeds for the guarantee, maybe even 1 or 2 fast autoflowers which will get you something to smoke the fastest

4 Likes

I like the promix organic for my young plants. I add peralite and a peatmoss to it. The sky is the limit for nutes it will be a trial and error phase but that’s all part of it. For my adult plants I run sunshine # 4 with a bit of lime to set ph. Have fun with it and welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Fox farm ocean mix is a proven to be a great soil for flower with plenty on nutrients but as stated above its prob a little strong for seedlings. Its a peat based medium just like pro mix but already has most of the nutrients already mixed in. If your new to growing this is probably your best option imo but just dont start them in that.

I would look for something much weaker and cheaper for seedling. Then transplant into something like fox farm a week or 2 before flower. The most common mistakes for new growers are PH , overwatering and overfeeding. If using fox farm for flower you likely wont need to feed much of anything until very late into flower.

2 Likes

What set up have you ordered ?
: )

1 Like

Hey everybody I’m really sorry to bother but I cant seem to make up my mind about what kind of light to get for my grow setup…theres so many to choose from an I dont want to g of be to buy 3 different kinds of light fixtures to figure out what works best…I’m looking for something i wont regret buying an obviously needs to have a veg an flower switch etc…I dont mind buying quality so please help me out…again my grow is a 2x2x 5.11 gorilla grow tent…it be nice to have time switch innit as well…any advice would be much appreciated thanks

1 Like

Between these two, get the ts1000. The hlg 65 isn’t enough to flower a 2x2, would sooner 4x hlg 120’s or something but those are hard to find. You need 120w of quality LED lighting to properly light a 2x2 for flower.

5 Likes

Also try looking at the HLG 100 V2 3000K.

6 Likes

I got a light from rapidLED for a 2x2 tent, and I love that light. Its so bright I had to buy some method 7 glasses for protection.

3 Likes

I second this. I’m using an HLG 100 V2 4000K for both veg and flower in a 2’x2’ and I’m quite satisfied with the performance. It’s a better price than the TS1000, and has a better reputation for reliability.

7 Likes

insert obligatory strip light build comment

You can build your own for a good price to whatever specs you want. I even wired a wifi timer directly to mine (which fked me once when the app needed to be signed into again)

4 Likes

Thankyou guys I really appreciate the advice

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up I got a bunch of mixed reviews about it so I figured I come here an ask an honest people with nothing to gain lol…I appreciate all the advice thanks

2 Likes

What do you think of the hlg 100 v2 4000k?

1 Like

that one is good and would likely work fine for you, but you need to get it in 3000k or 3500k, 4k is for veg only. 3/3.5k will do veg and flower :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much…

i would go with the ts1000 over the HLG 100, the ts1000 has 150 watts vs 100 watts for basically the same price so it would give you 37.5 watts per square foot in a 2x2 instead of only 25 watts… having 50% more watts of light will increase your yield considerably

2 Likes

From what I’ve been reading I thought 4k was strictly for veg an not for flower…i know it might be a stupid question but what’s the bug difference between 4k an 3k lights? Other then output do they use more LEDs or something what am I missing lol

I vegged and flowered these Orange Goji buds under three HLG 100 4000K fixtures in a 2’x4’ tent:

And this is a more recent shot of what’s in the tent under those lights:

I’m currently flowering these Zak Haze under a single HLG 100 4000K in a 2’x2’ cabinet:

The 3000K or 4000K just describes the color spectrum output by the same number of LEDs, and yeah if you’ve got the money to buy a 4000K or higher veg light and a 3000K light for flower, you might get better results. I would have if I could have.

I’m on an extremely limited budget, so I can’t afford that and have to make do with using the same lights for veg and flower.

I’m not unhappy with my results.

13 Likes

Bro you smashed it. Great job with the limited space and lighting.

4 Likes