Blue Cookies placed on 12/12 Cycle

This is my Blue Cookie grow. Put them in veg on 9/27. They have been showing their pubic hair for 2 1/2 weeks. Removed males and put the girls on 12/12 cycle.
4x4 tent
Happy Frog soil
Fox Farms nutrient trio at 1/4 to 1/2 strength
Nutes-water-water-nutes-water-water is my feeding schedule.
I have them under a pair of Mars-Hydro TS1000 lights.
4” exhaust fan and 2 circulating fans.

Any thought, advice, or comments are gladly taken.

Mike

20 Likes

By the way. These seeds came from Mark (strainly breeder). He is here on OG. He is a super good guy to deal with. Always happy to help out if things go bad. And ALWAYS puts extra seeds as freebies.

5 Likes

Just look at how healthy these girls are. Frickin good genetics. Thanks Mark!!!

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure Mark isn’t on overgrow, but there are a few here that have been trying his gear with mixed success.

Is that a “no pest strip” I see in that first picture? Please do be careful with them, I wouldn’t suggest using them around people or flowering plants. Are you having pest issues?

So those plants have been in veg for around 8 weeks already? What size pots are those?

6 Likes

The pest strip is only to keep flying insects away. I have it several inches from the plants.
Yes they have been in veg that long. I topped them once and used LST to help keep the canopy as flat as possible while increasing the top count. I pinned the branches down lower than everything else to give the middle a chance to catch up. The plants are about 16 inches from dirt to top. I actually wanted to just keep the canopy flat. Seemed to work mostly. I know. Vegging that long is usually unnecessary. My thought process was… big roots-big plants. Big plants- big buds… big buds- big harvest.
This is only my 2nd indoor grow, so a lot is going to be a learning curve.

1 Like

If it were me, I would remove the strip. Those strips release a vapor with dichlorvos, an organophosphate. This vapor can get on the plants, please do be careful.

7 Likes

Did not know that. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Yellow sticky traps are a safe alternative.

7 Likes

Thanks bud! See? I’m learning stuff already.

6 Likes

Wow man. They look beautiful! Looks like your off to a great start.

it its fungus gnats mosquito bits help a whole lot, But yes nice looking plants!

2 Likes

No, I dont have a pest problem. This was for preventative measures. I have also sprayed every two weeks with Neem oil. All in my preventive pest management. And thanks for the compliments!

1 Like

totally understand, I do ipm’s twice a month once with a 3 way and once for PM, And I bought a no pest strip lol, but found out pot absorbs stuff from its surroundings so ended up not using it,

That little plant in the first pic is a Gorilla Glue #4 Auto same age as the others. She started out putting flowers as soon as she broke ground. I tried some LST to her and broke the stem right at the ground level. She has repaired herself but she is not growing much. Think I mucked it up. But I will limp her along just for giggles.

1 Like

have only run autos once, didnt see it as a advantage so never tried again lol, heard there better now.

Thanks LJB. A lot of fun.

This was my first. Not impressed. I have 2 more to try. Not in a hurry to try looking at my first result. But it coulda been a bad seed.

1 Like

I got a Gorilla Glue auto once and burnt it the hell up! Lol. I used the same amount of nutes on it as my Bubblegums and they were fine. It burnt to the point of no return. Maybe it was an extremely hot spot in the soil for all I know. But after I did that I did a little reading and found out they can be pretty finicky. Hope yours makes it.

1 Like

I will keep it going and try the other 2 on my next grow. I am more interested in the Blue Cookies. This is my 2nd indoor grow. The first one did not produce much. It was from bag seed so nothing really lost but time. I did get some smokeable bud tho. Enuff to keep me interested in indoor growing. These plants already look 100% better than my first attempt. Its a little different than growing outdoors, to me.
My last grow really sucked. The only place I have to grow is my old workshop/shed. No a/c or heat. There were times this summer when the temps were up to like 105 degrees. At least now I can put my old oil radiant heater for those cold nights. My temp range is now between 80-60. Should be good to go. No more summer grows ( except outdoors).

1 Like

Here is a pic of the above plants after 2 weeks of flower.

6 Likes