Bluetooth or analog LED controller survey!

Sounds like an electrical fire waiting to happen for the “Average American” :confused:

those with AB drivers can run a PWM controller for them so… likely cheaper and many other options out there

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying I’m just defending and explaining what I can with what I have right now, some people these items will make sense for some people know the game well enough to know there’s better products that make better sense for them

If you ever do get a ton of money and get that crazy shit set up on a large enough scale to grow some ganj… I do think it’d be cool as shit to see a simulated thunderstorm from LED lighting if you’d post a video

1 Like

I don’t think there’s enough juice flowing through the dimmer wires to get hot enough to melt anything but yes, I agree. I asked em to precut wires cause I’m a foreman and know the hundreds of guys we’ve gone through and can’t trust em to do something that simple…

I think eventually they should rig it all up before sale so there’s no guess work for people but I don’t run the place, just some asshat they ask for advice occasionally

1 Like

Plug n play baby

1 Like

My goodness!

Somebody has been doing his supplementary studies… :nerd_face: :vulcan_salute:

I’m impressed, that’s all singing all dancing. Does the Arduino have full control?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Meh. I was big time into Reef Aquariums Big & Small for years. Even had a “Pico Reef” …
Kinda just goes with it. I belive the Arduino has full control since that’s the operating system, so if you know how :thinking: could just rewrite the programs it’s open source stuff .

2 Likes

If you’re ever bored I came across this US government sanctioned study on different light spectrums, you seem like you’d enjoy it like I did honestly.

2 Likes

Thanks @TestOfOath I’ve studied this kinda stuff for several years though … it was really interesting for sure.

1 Like

I knew I’d like OG for stuff like this :grin: you know how much reading you have to do to fully (or begin to) understand light spectrum and it’s different benefits at different wavelengths cause you also spent the time learning all of it.

You are literally the first other person I’ve come across who’s dedicated that much time to knowledge to only one aspect of indoor horticulture since I started growing and looking for places and I understand more now why you want the wizard’s magic lighting setup where you can control individual spectrum ranges on any channel over 16 channels, you’d probably be badass with it on top of it.

After the responses I got last night I’m not sure they’ll be able to compete in the market with specifically what they’re trying to do with the controllers, the profit margin isn’t there for them and the convenience of only having 3 channels for a 200$ Bluetooth controller isn’t going to be appealing for many if any. I’ll give it a little time and update when they get the specs over to me, see if anything changes but they might just end up being disappointed with where the market is at right now.

I’m going to see if they’ll integrate the controllers into their lights as part of the base of their fixtures, put the added cost into the final price so it’s not such a “holy shit I have to pay THAT for THAT?” and see what their response is, that is seeming to be a more viable business venture than the controllers themselves

2 Likes

Just ask China to build the Storm X led controller.
It seems that the place I linked doesn’t sell it anymore. :confused: :laughing:

1 Like

Wanna get rich with me while building the most badass custom lights anyone has ever used? :joy:

Buy the equipment to produce PCBs ourselves, buy lm301b diodes in every available spectrum ourselves, customize bars/boards/build fixtures with customer specific (or “preprogrammed”) spectrum and wattage ourselves, controller for each diode spectrum to be able to brighten/dim any color range individually.

Fully controllable and customizable artificial suns in every grow room across the world.

You wanna talk about changing the game? I almost don’t even want to make this comment cause there’s literally no one out there doing it yet

2 Likes

Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: no thanks :rofl:… I’ve already tried this once. Not enough time left in a day for something like this. Besides Reef lighting is already on top of it for the last 10yrs atleast.

Buy an expensive reef light & grow Cannabis with that full spectrum…

1 Like

Maybe one day down the road, they’re crazy expensive and I’d have to build a fixture for them, couple thousand to build what I’d want with those from what I can tell.

They are pretty sweet though and the efficacy is right on par with the best Samsung diodes and I love the fuller spectrum, I’d want 2 UV diodes though, 365nm, and 315nm, I didn’t realize Cree had advanced that far now

1 Like

Thats pretty close to what I’m doing…

Channel 1: 2700K (720W)
Channel 2: 5000K (360W)
Channel 3: Far Red (30W)
Channel 4: Photo Red (30W)
Channel 5: Infra Red (30W)
Channel 6: Ultraviolet (30W)

5 Likes

Can I see a pic of your lighting setup so I can picture what you got going on? I’m always looking to further my lighting game

1 Like

I have three racks. Each rack has 6x 2700K SolStrips on a HLG-240H-24B driver and 3x 5000K SolStrips on a HLG-120H-24B driver. Between the racks I have 2x LED Emerson Boards (Far and Photo Red) and 2x Exotic Boards (IR and UV).

The drivers are remote on the other side of the wall in the veg room. I also have my BlueFish controller and Sonoff wifi timers mounted to the panel so it can all be controlled with my phone.

5 Likes

Did you build that whole thing yourself? It’s super sweet bud I really dig it, I’d looked into doing something like that but couldn’t cost effectively source the parts and am not confident soldering or anything more than stripping and splicing. I’d ordered those kingbrite UVs but customs never let them through so I got my money refunded and never even got to try them unfortunately. The optic has the same UV LEDs and added Samsung blue 450nm though

This is the only thing I’ve built so far and it was more just measuring things out in a fixture I made

6 Likes

Well… I had two of the racks already built in my workbench. I got a good deal on the rest of the strips from my buddy.

The only soldering I did was the connectors from the lights to the ceiling and that was probably overkill.

You can see my whole workshop rebuild from design to construction over here.

2 Likes

That’s very good :+1:

1 Like