Blurple,Cob,and Florescent Fun

I fought the bugs and the bugs won…

yes, I fought the bugs and the bugs won

Mites…specifically. Think maybe got (or created) some super mites. Got one left that looks clear but I ain’t believing it (be careful bringing home those colored cactus from Walmart…showed webs before anything and dumb me did nothing at the time…thought spiders were good)!

Decided to start fresh with seeds in new grow area just finishing. Read it takes 2 weeks for mites to live without a plant and 6 weeks for thrips. One can lay dormant over winter so got my eyes peeled to daily inspections once I get started again.

Here are some pics of final stages. Still have trim to put up, caulk and paint in one area when I get lights out of the way and some other fine tuning.

Had some blue block left over so used that along bottom and decided not to tape seams and corners or use corner bead as will likely tear down someday when I (or someone) sells house. Just caulked corner round.

I also didn’t worry about tile grout lines as just needs to be functional (and had bad blade) so just threw it down however it would fit with no design in mind.

Then to this…

Decided to play around with various spectrum so will be using a 400 watt HPS plus Fluorescent lighting and LED’s. I bought a 250 watt HPS bulb if I decide to add more LED’s and the nice thing is these Visosun ballast have a knob giving three options of bulb (400, 250, 150).

I’m mainly interested in increased crystal production and I like that 2000K temp plus all the UV light and from florescent also.

Can see that I am leaving it open at the top on two sides with open doorway. I will place fans around when I get to that point. The wooden TV tray/stand is temporary until I can get my veg room cleaned and free (for sure) or any lurking bugs.

So will start seeds on temp wooden TV stand and leave plants in grow area and need a long lab coat so can put on if coming from outside. These freaking bugs will ruin more than just your day.

Put shelves on backside for now until I build next stall. Will pigtail overhead light and run romex down wall for outlet box when I do next stall.

Should have seeds in the ground within a week or so. Ordered some seeds a while back so might as well start with the freebies, etc. (forgot already what I bought…lol…good dose of oil).

Peace and love to you all!

3 Likes

Nice setup!

Bummer about the bugs my brother. Such pretty plants. Tragic what those fuckin’ bugs can do. Hang in there.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face: